News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Rebuild 2023

Started by Warriornator, March 25, 2023, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.JBoy

Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 03:51:14 PMI just take a little break can I?
Uh yeah, please do take a break, you need to take a chill pill

Warriornator

Look, my friend. No one here is trying to tear down your work or anything. They are just genuinely concerned with making sure you make something you can be proud of. Perhaps they went about that the wrong way, perhaps they didn't. Regardless, we are not here to be your enemies. We do respect and value you for your contributions. Understand that, when people criticize something, it isn't because they hate it or want to shit on it. It's because they want to see the project be the best it can be.

I understand that it can be hurtful when no one has anything positive to say. I've certainly been there, and it was hard. But, at the end of the day, they mean well.

There are genuinely rude, ungrateful, inconsiderate, and downright hostile people out there in the world. The people here, however, are not that. Perhaps a bit too pushy with their ideas, but they wouldn't be if they weren't so deeply passionate and caring about Metroid. We all love and adore Metroid, and we appreciate that you do, as well.

Whether or not you decide to accept people's criticism, which is absolutely up to you, I only ask this: Please understand that we don't hate you. We're not being mean for the sake of being mean.

There are so many people here who are passionate about Super Metroid, and we are genuinely thrilled that you are one of us. Even if we don't end up agreeing on the game design end, I thank you for contributing your work. For sharing your own creation.
[/quote]

Finally a post I like thank you so much. finally someone who talk like a normal person. To be honest my goal is not to build something really amazing or stunning. If people wanted that sorry to dissapointed you

My goal and only goal like each Hack I do its respect the Vanilla the most I can. If the hack I do its really too much similar to Vanilla its because I have huge respect for the original. Same if someone give me a tool or a powerful tool to make something like other do. I am not interested at all. I just want to create something similar to the original. I don't know why people have a hard time to accept that. The only thing they want is a Hack or something like A2MR or better.

Its not what I do. Its a Vanilla + that are like the original but with fun enemy, fun room and all. That you will need 4 hour to complete. IF people don't understand that. Sorry

Warriornator

Quote from: P.JBoy on March 27, 2023, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 03:51:14 PMI just take a little break can I?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny you have no smart thing better to do that type stupidity. My god I have so much fun. I can answer this all day. You are so funny  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfric

Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 04:02:28 PMdo you have other dumb question like this one?
I do, thanks for being so kind and ask. You clearly speak English. Do you speak any other language, or is it only English?

P.JBoy

Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 04:14:22 PM
Quote from: P.JBoy on March 27, 2023, 04:06:21 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny you have no smart thing better to do that type stupidity. My god I have so much fun. I can answer this all day. You are so funny  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wasn't joking

Warriornator

Quote from: Wolfric on March 27, 2023, 04:14:54 PM
Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 04:02:28 PMdo you have other dumb question like this one?
I do, thanks for being so kind and ask. You clearly speak English. Do you speak any other language, or is it only English?

You seem to be a person who just want to chat so I appreciate it. To be honest French (Canada) its my main language but not a fan of this. I have a huge respect for English. So that why since always I play English Game. I have started watch English movie. Not that I want to forget my French but not a fan of this. English is more awesome in a way

Warriornator

Its fun to be harsh and all  :lol: but seriously guy can we talk normally? its not my style much. Back to business. I have a question to ask for people who know SMILE there is a way to make DOKI work? I mean same after add the 7 pieces still don't work and bug and freeze my game. Did something I need to do that not mentioned in the Pink Info. Or like a Boss its only 1 time and can't do a 2nd one? Because I really want to add some place with Sand that you wait this mob to destroy it. A concept a like. Its possible?

Yesterday I try but Doki turn strange on himself and freeze the screen so no clue what to do. If we cannot I will forget it I guess

FelixWright

Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 04:08:48 PM
My goal and only goal like each Hack I do its respect the Vanilla the most I can. If the hack I do its really too much similar to Vanilla its because I have huge respect for the original. Same if someone give me a tool or a powerful tool to make something like other do. I am not interested at all. I just want to create something similar to the original. I don't know why people have a hard time to accept that. The only thing they want is a Hack or something like A2MR or better.

Its not what I do. Its a Vanilla + that are like the original but with fun enemy, fun room and all. That you will need 4 hour to complete. IF people don't understand that. Sorry

That's the thing, this hack is in conflict with the interest of the community. To many, super metroid is pretty much perfect. You not changing much of vanilla out of respect for it makes the hack come across as lazy.

There have been a number of hacks that get away with this, but only by retaining vanilla's fairly low difficulty. This hack is harder and slows the game down for no reason.

Vanilla is more fun to play than this, so why would anyone play this instead? The simple answer is most wouldn't. For those who want a challenge there are better challenge hacks. For those who want a spoof hack there are more interesting ones that already exist. The user experience is worse in this hack than playing vanilla, so it feels disrespectful.

Which leads to the second point. You say the rooms and mechanics and enemies are more fun, the community doesn't agree though. Fighting metroids in maridia with no gravity suit sounds annoying, not fun. Placing random obstructions in rooms slows the game down, that's not very fun. Why do ammo doors need to be re-opened every time? Metroid Prime gets away with it because it's a near-instant beam swap, one shot, and you move on. This hack doesn't because you have to laboriously select another weapon and use up ammo every time you want to open a door. These changes needlessly slow down the pace of the game, and as a result, feels as though it disrespects players' time investment compared to vanilla.

What's it matter that the hack takes 4 hours to complete if it's because 3 of those hours are spent morph-mazing and sitting in front of doors blasting them with weapons all the time?

Warriornator

Quote from: FelixWright on March 27, 2023, 04:34:34 PM
Quote from: Warriornator on March 27, 2023, 04:08:48 PM

That's the thing, this hack is in conflict with the interest of the community. To many, super metroid is pretty much perfect. You not changing much of vanilla out of respect for it makes the hack come across as lazy.

There have been a number of hacks that get away with this, but only by retaining vanilla's fairly low difficulty. This hack is harder and slows the game down for no reason.

Vanilla is more fun to play than this, so why would anyone play this instead? The simple answer is most wouldn't. For those who want a challenge there are better challenge hacks. For those who want a spoof hack there are more interesting ones that already exist. The user experience is worse in this hack than playing vanilla, so it feels disrespectful.

Which leads to the second point. You say the rooms and mechanics and enemies are more fun, the community doesn't agree though. Fighting metroids in maridia with no gravity suit sounds annoying, not fun. Placing random obstructions in rooms slows the game down, that's not very fun. Why do ammo doors need to be re-opened every time? Metroid Prime gets away with it because it's a near-instant beam swap, one shot, and you move on. This hack doesn't because you have to laboriously select another weapon and use up ammo every time you want to open a door. These changes needlessly slow down the pace of the game, and as a result, feels as though it disrespects players' time investment compared to vanilla.

Come on the enemy are harder and slow you down for no reason? Come on did you play my hack before affirm something like this? I guess not. First try to play it and after you will be able to say something like this

Say Vanilla its better. I disagree with you. The hack I do its just a better version of what Vanilla should had be in the first place. So people just need to forget Super Metroid Vanilla a moment and understand what some hack has to offer

Say that what I do is useless I disagree. I just build what in my vision Vanilla should be. If people prefer play Vanilla that are just too much easy that there is no challenge at all. Go for it. I don't stop anyone to continue play Vanilla than mine

For you information. I make enemy more harder because its more logic this way. Like others Metroid did. I simply take the best idea of each Metroid and create this. IF you think you have more fun on Vanilla. Its your choice not mine. I just make them more harder to use all Missile,Super and Power Bomb and use all arsenal that the Vanilla don't do. Its just logic in a Metroid game to use all and be empty after a Boss or else

If some people have more fun to kill all in 1 shot why not. If its the fun you want I don't stop you

Like someone say in Page 1. Hack have different purpose you know. Fine mine don't attrack people who thing Harder enemy don't make sense. If for you the kind of game you like is 1 shot everything. Fine mine its not build like this. I offer challenge and fun. If people love so much 1 shot everything its ok

at this point we can say

* my hack don't attract people who love a easy game with no difficulty. If I understand well. Able to 1 shot all and do a game blind at a point its so much easy
* my hack don't attract people who hate MEtroid Prime mechanic of the door. If same in Metroid prime you hate it. I guess my hack its not for you
* my hack don't attract people who a very high attemp. So if you expect other thing than Vanilla pass your road

FelixWright

Yeah you lost me when you said your shitty half hack is a "better version of vanilla." That doesn't sound very respectful of vanilla.  :wink:

Just because something is harder and slower doesn't make it better. You lack nuance.

But I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's the wrong one.

Zhs2

The moral of the story: when your thread is more entertaining than your hack, you might want to take a step back and reconsider your approach.

Warriornator

the moral of the story : People have too much time to talk on internet and say stupid stuff that don't make any sense  :lol:

Fine you don't like it. Stop talk here in that case. Go away. Can I talk to people who play it or test it other than people that just throw stupid stuff without argument. its too much ask to take to people who want to improve my hack other than shit on it. Its very annoying but really annoying. You get on my nerve really

Smiley

All of you need to take a chill pill or touch some grass or whatever stupid shit it is kids say these days.

Locking this thread for a short while.

E: Unlocked.

TobiMikami

This was good for a laugh and all, but seriously if you would've actually read my post, 75% was an explanation of something, the other 25% was constructive criticism, not even, more or less generalized advice I'd give to anyone. I think everyone here has been actually pretty mild til the end there.

You can't please all the people all the time. Do what you want, but do it for YOU because it's what YOU want to do or you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Warriornator

Alright we got harsh a little bit  :lol: but time to be serious now to be honest really honest I don't have did this for people here. I only share it because on the moment I was sure that was a good idea to share because I like to share what I did. In reality I don't have did this at all for people here. Because I know it everyone will come here just to blast me, my work and put me down just for fun because I know it that no one will try it and like it

I only did this because during this 1 week or more I pass on it. I was doing something I liked. After play it 2 time. I like it a lots. Same if the change its not much like other pretend. I had a lots of fun working on it and its only that matter to me. So my goal was not 2,000 people or 1 Million download it. If that was the case I will had never share a stuff like this in first place but I did this for the one that will interested to play it and have fun

Honestly this work was for later I needed something to show on my Twitch later when I will start stream when I gonna have fiber optic in my region next month maybe. So I did it for me.

Its ok the standard has change over time. in 2009 I remember a hack like this one should had been a success on all the line. People liked what I did in the past. On the moment I was sure that gonna be the case here but its not. The standard has evolve in 14 years. Apparently people want more than this basic stuffs. So its ok I don't do drama with that

Like I said if only 5 people play it and like it. I will be satisfy to have please 5 people or 10 or 15 or whatever. My goal was never to be a success and people need to understand its not my goal. So people need to stop with their advice and all. My goal its not to be the best hacker of Super Metroid and my goal its not doing what other do. Just I share my work for fun just in case someone is interested. If people are not. No drama its ok. People need to stop to come here and said stuff like '' Your hack is not interesting'' I know, everyone know its ok

the reason also I did a ''basic stuff hack'' its because I know exactly what I need in the game to make me better at Super Metroid. My goal its to reclaim what I lost in 2016. I was once a World Record Champion 1994-2016 and its my biggest dream to be better. Regain my reflex of kid and finish the game in 41 minutes. its gonna very hard but if I try hard with this hack. Vanilla will now be more easier. So eventually I will reclaim my throne. Its the goal I do for the next year. Again I did it for me in first place because I want to be the best. 

PS : My final version will come I will say today because its 1:!6 AM. So I gonna work on it and finish it. During the time I watched TV I got some idea to improve it. So no more update version the next one will be the final one. Again for only people interested. I wanted to lets you know

RT-55J

Aw man. I'm sorry you got attacked so much here. We are all a passionate bunch and like our hacks to be as good as they can be, but sometimes we are rude about it.

I agree with the other people here that you should try playing some recent hacks like Ascent and Vitality. I think you might enjoy them.

If nothing else, I hope you are able to make a hack that you love to play. :)

TobiMikami

We really do have the best intentions though, our criticism may come off harsh but it's just that constructive criticism. Or more or less an advisory of "FYI this is stuff 90% of players don't like, so expect a lot of these types of responses if this is what you wanna do."

Warriornator

Very close to finish. I improve it. Polished it. Add some stuff. Set my number of items. I just finish to build my 3 Armor. I just need to fix one last thing and make some change for the final version. I am a perfectionist so I want to be sure all room and all are ok and in my taste. One room annoy me. i gonna see if I can change something

Warriornator

Like promise I fix all of the game. Doors,room,etc.. I fix my armor for charge,shinespark and adding flash. That's its. Its not impossible later I decide to change stuffs but for now. All its done and work perfectly. I hope so

Here we go the final version of my hack. I am glad that amazing to work on it.

_FENIAX_ xD

Post all updates you want, I'm interested in this, I hope you are doing a grate job and luck with this project!  :grin:

TobiMikami

Well if that is in fact the final version, I'd say congrats on "completing" your first hack.

Warriornator

in reality like I said in my first post of this topic. Its my 5th one. I did 4th other one but I don't really count it like a hack. Horrible. You can see it on Youtube just type Super Metroid Rebuild 1,2,3 and 4 and you will see well that was non sense stuffs lol. in 2009 my knowledge of technic was limited and my technic in SMILE was limited to just change enemy and add block everywhere lol. I am probably sure you can find my topic name Super Metroid Rebuild with screenshot and all

Since few month I have learn technic from Speedrunner. So mockball, and Shinespark mid air,etc.. I did them in when I was a kid in 1994 but totally forgot how to do them. So when I build my Rebuild 1 to 4. That was just non sense stuff like make Boss HP to 6000 HP or Mother Brain to 9999 HP and that its

Today the difference is quality is 100 times better. I have build something with a lots of mockball stuffs, something I call Space Jump Morph mid air, more technical like Shinespark mid air, Shinespark that demand to delay the run button to do mid shinespark,etc...

Of course visual I didn't add stupid block everywhere just to change the room. I did it more professional add more a awesome visual

If you go in Metroid Construction Main page you can find my Rebuild 1 to 4 and try this one Rebuild 2023 and compared them. You will see the huge improvement of my skills and design.

I love so much the Mockball technic. No surprise Retro Studios created a Boost Ball not like in Metroid Prime but the one in Dread. No doubt they probably take the Mockball from Super Metroid. So to be able to do it. Damn I have so much fun, Something I didn't do before

I give a challenge to everyone. Of course I didn't not run or did it the most faster but I give everyone a challenge to beat my time of 4 Hour 03 minutes. No doubt its gonna be super easier to beat lol but can be interesting if someone beat me. Again I didn't do it the most faster. Just in a normal speed.

PS : I remove the last one. Because I discover some stuffs I didn't like. Rebuild some stuffs. Improve some stuffs. Make everything symetric,etc...Here is the new one. Also i work on a additional Armor Set for the one who don't like the other one. I want to give a lots of choice

Super Metroid Rebuild 2023 : Normal is Black and Yellow, Varia is Purple and black and Gravity is Blue and Black
Super Metroid Rebuild 2023.Armor Set #2 : Normal is Pink and White, Varia Black and White and Gravity is Black,White and Gold

PS : Sorry I discover that I use the wrong .smc. I needed to restart with my right one. Because of that I lose one Armor that I didn't save. So one will be double

Warriornator

Like promise way more armor choice. Here we go!!! So gonna have taste for everyone  :yay:

Super Metroid Rebuild 2023.Alternate Armor Set #3 : Normal : Alternate Pink,White and Black of the Second Set Varia : Red and White Gravity : Black, Blue and Gold
Super Metroid Rebuild 2023.Alternate Armor Set #4 : Normal : Black,Green and Gold Varia : Black,Gold and White Gravity : Black,White,Gold and Green

So you will have 4 choice. So you choose your prefered colors  :^_^:

PS : My apologies I didn't see I have the wrong .smc. So I lots of change has not been effect and can cause some problem. I will remove my hack for a while. Time I fix my mistake. Should not take long. Will take the right .smc

Again my apologies I only notice it by doing my 3rd gameplay that some change was not done and I only realize at that moment I didn't have the right one. All its done and fix so again sorry

NateTheGameK

I tried out the rebuild for the first time, and uhhh...

I don't really know how to put this nicely, but it seems like you're intentionally making the hack tedious and not fun. Even just the morphball section had piles of blocks that you could only tediously jump over... zero use of slopes or appealing shapes.
After that (the morph maze was easy, but it could definitely be tedious if you're not used to insta-morphing) was fine... until bomb torizo.

Ohhhhhhh, boy.

Zero etanks, spikes on the ceiling for some reason (I'm not sure if I can even jump that high yet, and there's no point in IBJ in a bossfight), and the killer of my interesting in playing through: bomb torizo could only be damaged by bombs. It sounds like a cool idea, but it's absolutely terrible in practice. Bomb Torizo's melee attack makes it next to impossible to get consistent damage in, meaning you have to position BT in such a way that you could get as much damage in from behind during a yellow wave attack. Additionally, there always stands the danger of actually touching BT while doing midair morph and bomb spam, and there's no way to hit BT from the ground with bombs. I can't even use bomb spread for ranged due to lack of charge beam.

All things considered, this hack isn't looking at all appealing. I'll consider playing more if bomb torizo becomes at least less annoying.

Also, Warriornator... don't rail against me for all this criticism. I'm trying to help you, and it's worrying to me that this is looking more and more like a Pedro hack.

Warriornator

Quote from: NateTheGameK on March 30, 2023, 06:20:55 AM
I tried out the rebuild for the first time, and uhhh...

I don't really know how to put this nicely, but it seems like you're intentionally making the hack tedious and not fun. Even just the morphball section had piles of blocks that you could only tediously jump over... zero use of slopes or appealing shapes.
After that (the morph maze was easy, but it could definitely be tedious if you're not used to insta-morphing) was fine... until bomb torizo.

Ohhhhhhh, boy.

Zero etanks, spikes on the ceiling for some reason (I'm not sure if I can even jump that high yet, and there's no point in IBJ in a bossfight), and the killer of my interesting in playing through: bomb torizo could only be damaged by bombs. It sounds like a cool idea, but it's absolutely terrible in practice. Bomb Torizo's melee attack makes it next to impossible to get consistent damage in, meaning you have to position BT in such a way that you could get as much damage in from behind during a yellow wave attack. Additionally, there always stands the danger of actually touching BT while doing midair morph and bomb spam, and there's no way to hit BT from the ground with bombs. I can't even use bomb spread for ranged due to lack of charge beam.

All things considered, this hack isn't looking at all appealing. I'll consider playing more if bomb torizo becomes at least less annoying.

Also, Warriornator... don't rail against me for all this criticism. I'm trying to help you, and it's worrying to me that this is looking more and more like a Pedro hack.

Not that I don't take criticism but please at least if people can doing them with a minimum of sense at least

I am not responsible for player that abuse or use the glitch in permanent. You talk if that was my fault if people use glitch. if you talk about the glitch people use that just make Samus pass over every block without use the morph. its that you use I am not responsible for that. Come on don't come here and blame me for a stupid glitch you use or people use. Don't put the fault on my hack for this. Every hack people will do the same. In 2023 apparently people cannot play without abuse of glitch. I am not sure but there is no way we can stop this. So whatever the design people will use the glitch and pass throw it. So please don't come here and blame for cheating

Oh boy the second part more horrible than the first one. By what to start? Yes its possible to jump so high if your not care. If I add spike its not just for decoration you know I been kill by this a lots of time. Its possible to jump and hit them. Not because you don't that other will not. I hate that logic when people come and talk like if they don't other people don't. So your point is useless for that sorry. For the rest the concept that was that. You need to hit him in mid air. Its the goal of that. Be technical to hit him. Why you think I have add spike on the top? Damn if you don't understand the first 5 minutes I don't want to see the rest

I prefer to explain it before other come and say the same bad comment

* Samus that pass throw block I cannot do anything about if people use the glitch
* Bomb Torizo the goal is hit him 22 times in mid air. IF you try on the ground or by charge of course its not gonna work. If your life is low. Get life when he throw his ball.

PS : I think its gonna be my last post here. I am very disapointed to see nobody understand a simple thing or the goal of my hack. I am tired to defend my hack at this point each minutes,etc... I have a feeling we will never be agree. People here are 10 years behind. Like if people lived or still lived in 2010 or maybe in 2000. I cannot do anything about this

I have a feeling most people here don't live in 2023. Why I say that? because I have feeling people here still live in 2000 because

* A lots seem not know what Twitch is
* A lots seem not know what is a Randomizer the most popular Hack in all game : like Chronno trigger Rando, Final Fantasy Rando, Zelda Link to the past Rando Cross Super Metroid,etc...over 100+ game randomizer
* A lots seem not know what Crowd Control is
*etc....

we live totally in two seperate world. During the time I follow what others do in 2023 with Hack Rando, Crossworld, Crowd Control,etc... To be honest I have no clue what people do but one sure its true. its Twitch and Randomizer are two things people don't do here. Randomizer are the most popular Hack in the history of video game right now in 2023

The fact people here don't know what a Randomizer is. Its the main reason my hack will never have a success here because no one know what a Randomizer is in 2023

We live in two worlds. My hack its full technical and I have feeling my hack is too much difficult for the majority of people here. You don't match my level of skills. What I expect?

Sorry my apologies. My sincere apologies. I just realize its not here I should share my hack. its somewhere else where people live in 2023

For you information why Randomizer are the most Hack popular in 2023? Contraty to what people say here. The most popular Hack are the one who are the same has the original. Not something build with no sense stuffs like Subversion with Gravity Boots or stupid stuffs of this kind

Sadly its not here I gonna find someone who speak the same language of me. I live with Twitch, Randomizer, Crowd Control and all because like everyone I do what its the most popular in 2023 and right now its Randomizer. Just a simple hack of a game.

Sadly its not here my hack will have success. Too much ignorance here. Anyway its not the end of the world. I have try but we don't live in the period of time. You still in 2000 and I am in 2023

So good luck all!!!! Hope you will find what your looking for. For me its not here. However I have try  :^_^:

Thank you all but its not what I search and its not gonna be here I will find it. Sorry to make you lose time my apologies. I should had never post my hack first. I know it that was mistake. sorry