News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

revive irc

Started by H A M, January 22, 2023, 03:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiMikami

More particularly, why do we not have a Metroid Construction subreddit? I mean MdB basically has their own subreddit. Prolly reach a wider audience at that, both people who wanna play hacks and fan games or even attempt to make some hacks or fan games because of it.

nodever2

We do have a subreddit, but it doesn't see much activity. https://www.reddit.com/r/metroidconstruction/
EDIT: also, props to cosmick for revitalizing the subreddit and keeping it on life support

FelixWright

Yes indeedy! I tried to design the subreddit to be as self-service as possible and ideally redirect users to here or the discord where people are more likely to get answers to their questions.

TobiMikami

Thank you for this bit of info as I tend to frequent either Facebook or Reddit these days outside the forum, now I can at least provide some life to that subreddit as well.

FelixWright

I'm not sure what your stance is on Discord, but as it stands it's where the community is most active, it may be worth checking out here

thedopefish

Also, our IRC channel never went away.  A handful of us still idle in #metconst on EsperNet, same as always.  There just hasn't been much activity in a long while, because Discord is far more convenient for most users, despite its faults.  But if you want to hop on IRC and start chatting, you can!