News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Blue

Started by Roebloz, January 06, 2023, 10:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roebloz

Decided to try my hand at making a cool little vanilla Metroid 1 hack, and ended up with this: Metroid Blue! It's a very simple hack overall, just new palettes, a few new rooms and a few improvements (Most notably, you always start at full health so unless you run out of missiles, no need to grind if you play carefully!) but it has a completely new map. As for the story, this is better than anything Hideo Kojima would put out: You need to go to Planet Bluey to save your nachos that the Space Pirates under the Blue Brain Unit have stolen from you.

I know, its beautiful. (And technically a sequel to Metroid Operation Execution, but don't think too hard about it. If you do want to check THAT out, its available...Right here. https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=669)

So yeah, this is just a little test of my abilities to make a Metroid 1 hack, so it's not gonna be the best in the world. Huge thanks to Mariofan2468 for teaching me how to make you start at full health and allow the player to combine Ice and Wave Beam, really useful.

Have fun!!!

TobiMikami

Is this your first hack? I think the palettes compliment each other well, it's definitely eye grabbing and pleasant not Grady or repulsive in any way. You definitely got some potential if you stick with it. M1 is pretty simple, you might find if you're an artistic type you might want to do Super Metroid or even work with a free code platform like I do where you have unlimited freedom with artistic flow. Whatever you do though don't stop here.