Neo ES Mission Topic Talk [Glitch , technique - Shortcut...]

Started by Meinos Belfort, January 01, 2023, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meinos Belfort

[Use this thread for anything releated toward Neo ES Mission ! glitch found , learning stuff or finding new ways]

Thanks For Tsunyfox for the french patch variation !

4 Years after the first test of EX Mission, and even after with ES Mission on 2021 (2022 on Metconst) It's Finally brought back here.

Neo ES Mission is a rom hack heavily inspired by Vanilla ZM , P:ZM and ES Mission
(Link to P:ZM https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=531)

Game is slightly harder than vanilla but a lots of Hex tweaks , custom ASM and items favoritise exploration.

Game have a French optionnal version (who need a bit of polishing)
and also custom items have been rebalanced to not be overpowered unlike
the Original ES Mission.

Recolor base from Zero Mission: Wrieke Ullrhd (still a few exception like suit and a few others recolor made by myself.

All hex tweaks and Asm File where made by the Metconst community
myself included.

[If you didn't play zero mission or you have issue playing 2d metroid games , i sujest you to play on easy mode , since Missile , super and power bombs value are slightly higher to make a bigger difference toward normal mode]

Steel Sparkle

Fun hack! Beat it under 2hrs with 94%

Meinos Belfort

Quick Update: since an add-on i wanted to include to make the warping concept not broken have been done on Zero Mission and i Finally found a way to put it on ES Mission , the continuity of the update / expansion isn't on stand by anymore , I won't gave a release date for the newest version for obvious and personal reason. i will however share some short video on YT or the server showing the slight advancement i did time to time.

Thanks for your support and hope your having a good time with the curent version of ES Mission (Who's 5.01)

Meinos Belfort

Version 5.1 is up since the 31 March / 1st April , and no it's not an April fool update , even if nothing really big changed.
There is the list

-Charge Beam GFX got edited slightly
-Void / Map station have a more fair and balanced purpose and not skipping all of the game , like it was supposed too.
-Doors and rooms tile got slighlty edited to be more aesthetic that vanilla ZM.
and a few others change like added rooms / edited one.

I know nothing much changed yet , but due to lack of time and personnal thing i can't work on it fully anymore and is basically waiting for MAGE 2 At the same time , mostly for the samus sprite editor. , of course a later version is coming up fixing a bit of 5.1 mistake and adding / remodel things a bit more.

Hope you all can understand. ^^

Meinos Belfort

If you wanna test Neo ES Mission Check the first Post (Wip 0.8.0) !

[Note that kraid is a bit too buffy and Kraid lair music is messy , most everything work properly and if you wanna play without difficulty i subjest you to play on Beginners / Easy mode , but that's up to you ! ]

Meinos Belfort

Heya , I made 2 Small video to show to go on Norfair depht without taking or taking Vanilla ZM shortcut. that depend if you have speedbooster or not. both method work anytime.

https://youtu.be/HeTD1SvgoJk
[After Deafeated Kraid / Obtaining Speedbooster]

https://youtu.be/xmBzud-b_ao
[If you didn't get speed booster / didn't do kraid yet]

Note than next version will fix a bunch of stuff and will add more content on crateria and move a few things , maybe even plasma beam and space jump  i don't know yet for that one (don't know where to put it instead , but they are fully optionnal for veteran)

100% Is also possible yet fully optinnal. 0.8.1 will have a slightly harder final boss , but will fix kraid life output and more.

List of Change for the 0.8.1 already made.

-[French]Removed text corruption and text got edited / translated further.
-[English]Difficulty name for casual and extreme got their name Brough back to Normal and Hard.
-[Both]Kraid Lair OST got changed by the Bowser castle from mario kart 64 (Made by KKZero).
-[Both]Kraid is now a bit weaker due to the number of missile needed being a bit too much
(down to 30 missile required instead of 45 / 50)
-[Both]Made the twin jump height slightly better (+4 on each jump)
-[Both]Mecha is now vunerable to beam damage value ONLY when his core barrier is broken.
-[Both]Mecha have now RGBY Light during the fight.
-[Both]Room 46 of Mothership slow crumble block got remplaced by normal crumble one after the first slow
-[Both]Room 35 of Mothership , morph ball passage got edited to be horizental chain block (took way less time like this)
-[Both]Multiples rooms got added to crateria , a few Tanks from brinstar and norfair got moved there.
-[Both]Power suit cutscene and samus starship cutscene got recolored for consistency. same  treatement for ridley.