News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Funfar 3 - Funfar with a Vengeance

Started by Noxus, January 21, 2022, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxus

Super Metroid Funfar 3 - Funfar with a Vengeance

version 3.8

Enjoy!  :^_^:

DonnyDonovan

Yeah you say it right in the name but this is a massive step up in difficulty from prior versions.  With all the heat runs early on I'm unapologetically abusing save states.  If it doesn't tone down a bit not sure if I'll press on or not. 

Edit:  Now I'm to the required short mockballs.  Yup, this is beyond my pay grade.

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on January 22, 2022, 03:41:01 PM
Yeah you say it right in the name but this is a massive step up in difficulty from prior versions.  With all the heat runs early on I'm unapologetically abusing save states.  If it doesn't tone down a bit not sure if I'll press on or not. 

Edit:  Now I'm to the required short mockballs.  Yup, this is beyond my pay grade.
Short mockballs shouldn't be required. I don't think anyways. Try hitting your head on the ceiling and see if that helps. After you do that, try doing that in the game also.  :bounce: :lol:

If it's here, try jumping from ground level first:

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on January 22, 2022, 10:46:40 PM
It's the one in your third picture.
That one it's easiest to start your jump in the floor of the previous room.

DonnyDonovan

Yeah I was making that harder than it is.  This is a big step up in challenge from the first two though. 

Noxus

I think that's the last really required mockball, admittedly the most difficult one there is in the game. Glad u got thru it!  :yay:

kinyobi

the only one who qualifies in reviews is someone who doesn't have hack completion stats like resentful

kinyobi

great trick good difficulty, only the difficulty is lost and everything is resolved by taking the first super missile in miridia

Noxus

I'm at a loss as to where u found early Super missiles  :?:
First Super missile should be right after Draygon fight

kinyobi

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJCzv5HQZuZJBsFg2sBP4tZnLT5j5vN_/view?usp=sharing

you can take the first super missile here and the game loses difficulty

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: kinyobi on February 08, 2022, 10:57:51 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJCzv5HQZuZJBsFg2sBP4tZnLT5j5vN_/view?usp=sharing

there u go
[spoiler][/spoiler]
easier to access screen
also loses difficulty besides all the mockballs lol

Noxus

Quote from: kinyobi on February 08, 2022, 10:57:51 PM

How are you able to get this super w/o having gravity and/or springball yet?

kinyobi

there is enough space for jump and morph ball, try it is not difficult

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M57op--MYtYj7kHr21t9jllGuBNNnurj/view?usp=sharing

Noxus

Noxus

v3.8 update is here!  :yay:

Several changes in Norfair, some speed boosting challenges added
Please pay special attention to the following screen:

You will skid off the platform now without the spikes to bump into if you aren't careful
This is the crossroads - Grab the grapple and head back and into upper maridia for an easier ride
-OR-
for an extra challenge, go down into Norfair first, as you will have PB's to open doors

Enjoy  :yay:

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on February 10, 2022, 04:13:01 PM
v3.8 update is here!  :yay:

Several changes in Norfair, some speed boosting challenges added
Please pay special attention to the following screen:

You will skid off the platform now without the spikes to bump into if you aren't careful
This is the crossroads - Grab the grapple and head back and into upper maridia for an easier ride
-OR-
for an extra challenge, go down into Norfair first, as you will have PB's to open doors

Enjoy  :yay:
any map change? :D