News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Duper Metroid

Started by Metaquarius, December 04, 2021, 11:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Hyper Sonic

It's called the "Auto-Collect All Upgrades/Expansions when entering a room" cheat. Very useful. :wink: :lol:
84DF92=24 + 84DFF4=24
That's the code.

Metaquarius

Quote from: Blade on December 07, 2021, 03:02:03 PM
Is there an intended item order?
Just got Space Jump with no suits
Really nice with all the different ways one can take
I don't think there is an actual item order or boss order in this hack.

Quote from: Aerumnus on December 07, 2021, 08:12:26 PM
First time posting, and I'm just here to say that this was an incredible experience, and one I'll be repeating many times.
[spoiler]On my second playthrough, I unknowingly started playing the secret challenge (or what I think it is?), and hoo boy, I learned a lot about Maridia. It's also given me a lot of appreciation for all the subtle terrain decisions that make it possible![/spoiler]
Thank you very much  :^_^:

Quote from: OracleRaven on December 07, 2021, 11:46:14 PM
How do you get the speed-booster E-Tank in Maridia? The one encased in rock with only a 1-tile high narrow horizontal passage filled with SpeedBooster blocks? I tried going into Morph Ball from outside the room's western door and time my jumps to get into the passage, but I'm only able to break a single block and the passage spits me out. I feel like there's a technique I should use that I'm unaware of.
There is a tech called [spoiler]Ballspark[/spoiler] in this hack.

NightmareZX

This hack was amazing! I loved the open world aspect of it, it was fun exploring all of the areas while having barely any equipment. I did get stuck at a few spots but i managed to get trough. I enjoyed the hack so much that i even decided to complete the secret challenge that the hack had to offer and i must say, it is very frustrating to do, even with the help of rewind and save states but all in all it was worth it. It was very interesting to see a challenge hack be built into a regular hack so seamlessly. I just want to say good job on the hack and good luck on your future ones :grin:.

Ferron_77

Quote from: Metaquarius on December 07, 2021, 01:19:44 PM
Hack has been tested on ZSNES, SNES9X and real hardware. I don't know why it wouldn't work on other emus, maybe ROM size might be a reason.

So i'm not super savy regarding ROMhack technicals. One of the friends i recommended it to got it to run on SNES classic.
He suspects that, after patching, the ROM does not end with an exactly full ROM-page, which causes issues with the SNES classic emu.
So he added FF values to the end of the file until the last page was exactly full, and got it to run.
Idk if that helps you or anybody else here, but figured it might and, therefore, shared the info.

Ty again for the hack  :^_^:

OracleRaven

I got all the items check marked in Crateria, Brinstar, Norfair, Maridia, and Wrecked Ship. Pause screen only shows 99% however.
I figured out how to save the animals, but I can't figure out how to get through the grey door on [spoiler]the left side of Tourian/Crateria.
I thought the door would be unlocked during the escape sequence, but the path leading to it in Crateria is caved in.

Any hints/tips on how to unlock them? I've looked everywhere with the X-Ray scope and Power Bombs and couldn't find anything.
I can't figure out what the clue from the fallen soldier in Norfair means...[/spoiler]

Metaquarius

Quote from: OracleRaven on December 08, 2021, 01:02:42 PM
I got all the items check marked in Crateria, Brinstar, Norfair, Maridia, and Wrecked Ship. Pause screen only shows 99% however.
Uh ho are you really sure about that? What are your maximum ammo capacities right now ?

I can't figure out how to get through the grey door on [spoiler]the left side of Tourian/Crateria.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The dead guy in Norfair gave you the clue, that means you have to start over and try beat the game without [spoiler]morph ball[/spoiler][/spoiler]

NightmareZX

I figured out how to save the animals, but I can't figure out how to get through the grey door on [spoiler]the left side of Tourian/Crateria.
I thought the door would be unlocked during the escape sequence, but the path leading to it in Crateria is caved in.

Any hints/tips on how to unlock them? I've looked everywhere with the X-Ray scope and Power Bombs and couldn't find anything.
I can't figure out what the clue from the fallen soldier in Norfair means...[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Try doing the opposite of what the soldier says :yay:[/spoiler]

OracleRaven

Thanks, I'm blind. I thought for sure I got all the upgrades, but apparently I only had 2/3 Super Missile packs in Brinstar. I could've sworn it said 3/3.

Jordo24

Quote from: Aerumnus on December 07, 2021, 08:12:26 PM
First time posting, and I'm just here to say that this was an incredible experience, and one I'll be repeating many times.
[spoiler]On my second playthrough, I unknowingly started playing the secret challenge (or what I think it is?), and hoo boy, I learned a lot about Maridia. It's also given me a lot of appreciation for all the subtle terrain decisions that make it possible![/spoiler]

What secret challenge are you talking about?

Jordo24

I cant select mirror mode or random mode even after beating the game, and im pressing the select button on my controller, can anyone help?

Jordo24

This was a pretty challenging hack personally, although the developers of the hack should warn that players might require certain tricks to progress through the game, and that there is no boss / item order, early in the game that got me really confused because i assumed it was based off of vanilla super metroids progression, so i got lost constantly. The tricks that were necessary for me were suitless Maridia run, and Norfair hell run (with gravity suit, NOT power suit) also I needed to shinespark upwards from the landing site to get to the area where the Wrecked Ship entrance is and im not sure if wall jumpiny is mandatory but is sure helped.

This is a really fun hack and ill probably play it again, im also looking forward to seeing
More of the developers work in the future like X Fusion, and that Axiom Verge hack that i saw awhile ago!

Onnyks

Hack is really great so far. Its amped up use of the tileset is what I like most, and all the destructible scenery makes it a lot of fun to blast through each room. There's plenty of hidden pathways and secrets, all quite well signaled. I particularly liked seeing an item behind a wall that I knew I could access a few rooms away.

A subjective issue I have with it is the number of grapple rooms with long reset times. A lot of it is my own lack of grapple skill, but plenty of jumps feel designed to send you into a low ceiling tile and then an unseen cactus needle and then an offscreen grub and then a tight zoomer shot. Learning each trick requires a slow trudge down the corridor of shame, and boy was I shamed.

BoqRottom

Absolutely LOVING this hack! I can't find the power bomb though. Every pickup is locked behind power bomb blocks or doors. I have a 63.00% item collection rate. Not sure how I'm supposed to get a first power bomb...

RT-55J

Regarding Power Bombs:
[spoiler]There is only one possible "first" power bomb pack (to my knowledge).[/spoiler]

Location hint:
[spoiler]It's a reward for defeating one of the major bosses.[/spoiler]

BoqRottom

Quote from: RT-55J on December 09, 2021, 05:24:52 PM
Regarding Power Bombs:
[spoiler]There is only one possible "first" power bomb pack (to my knowledge).[/spoiler]

Location hint:

Is it [spoiler]Phantoon? Because I get to the third floor of the wrecked ship and there's a robot in front of a powered down grey door. Maybe I'm just missing another way past that door?[/spoiler]

RT-55J

You're on the right track being in that area. Just poke around some more.

Phazos: True Phazon deity

Quote from: BoqRottom on December 10, 2021, 12:44:52 AM
Quote from: RT-55J on December 09, 2021, 05:24:52 PM
Regarding Power Bombs:

Location hint:

Is it [spoiler]Phantoon? Because I get to the third floor of the wrecked ship and there's a robot in front of a powered down grey door. Maybe I'm just missing another way past that door?[/spoiler]

what has this hack been doing really well? Something with the scenery... the walls... the obstacles... etc.

Badsy_Edgecat

i looked at the map spoiler, and theres only one actual Power Bombs upgrade in the Wrecked Ship, even though the pause screen says that there are two?

RT-55J

The pause screen ain't wrong.

Hint:
[spoiler]Look more closely at one of the screenshots on the main site (keeping in mind that Meta took it in mirror mode)[/spoiler]

Badsy_Edgecat

oh, this is a huge bug, dying while starting up a ballspark will make you respawn in a bugged morph ball form where you cant really do anything
also, ridley seems to have a completely absurd amount of health and im not sure what's happening

Steel Sparkle

Hi, i could use some help finding an item.
Anyone know where plasma beam is?
Edit: nvm i found it.

eddyslmn

Any way to make this work on mini SNES? no matter what core I use, it won't :(

Daltone

Quote from: eddyslmn on December 13, 2021, 01:48:10 PM
Sorry for not making sure it runs on every device available, it's not my job to do so beyond making it compatible to play on the actual snes hardware.
Having that affect how you feel about the game is silly, iirc a bunch of games don't work properly on the snes mini aswell.

Metaquarius

Just saw your review of this hack and I am going to tell you this : the reason you gave for rating it lower than you would have, is completely unfair whatsoever. I made this hack almost exclusively on ZSNES and intended it to played that way. I don't even own any real SNES hardware and no way to test it. How am I supposed to help out in this situation? Besides, I know for a fact that this hack works on real SNES hardware since playtesters did not encounter any issues.
I suggest reading a few posts earlier, Ferron_77 shared a solution concerning a similar issue he had encountered. Gotta ask him if he could send you his file.

Tomtroid

Quote from: Metaquarius on December 13, 2021, 04:18:23 PM
Just saw your review of this hack and I am going to tell you this : the reason you gave for rating it lower than you would have, is completely unfair whatsoever. I made this hack almost exclusively on ZSNES and intended it to played that way. I don't even own any real SNES hardware and no way to test it. How am I supposed to help out in this situation? Besides, I know for a fact that this hack works on real SNES hardware since playtesters did not encounter any issues.
I suggest reading a few posts earlier, Ferron_77 shared a solution concerning a similar issue he had encountered. Gotta ask him if he could send you his file.

I hardly use ZSNES anymore since not every hack is compatible with it.