News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K

Never played world of warcraft and never will lol.

JAM I wouldn't worry about people disappearing to the next game. I still play Metroid Prime Hunters (I Kick *ss On Hunters) and a lot of other old games. I don't play any MMO's though.

Malpercio

I played one day when they went F2P.
I still regret this lost day.

Quietus

I game on all platforms.  I tend to shift between them all depending on what's released when.

As for the Steam question, my library currently says 141. :whoa:

Mr K

LOL thats a lot of games right there dude, Add me "chyrak" without quotes.

Quietus

Oh, that's just the Steam list.  I wouldn't even know where to start counting all of my games.  I've never traded anything in, nor have I ever sold anything, so I have everything, right back to my NES / MS, and even my old cases full of CPC 464 games tapes. (Target: Renegade still kicks ass!)

Mr K

My nes doesn't work anymore :'( packed in a while ago, It just doesn't do anything now. But my snes is still going strong it even came with me up north when i traveled the UK with my mate in his lorry LOL, Playing super metroid at 60 Mph is quite strange. After about an hour you completely forget your even moving xD. I might see if it c64 still works actually.

A_red_monk_called_Key

the best part about this shity economy is no cops. for the last 3 weeks i have been driving like a total asshole, and all i've seen was 3 cops. goes to show there is always a good side to everything.

JAM

chyrak
Well, it sucks in general when something popular becaming unpopular. I've got one popular game (Hard Truck: King of the Road, if you're interested) 10 years ago. Then I gave it to my friend for a while. But he moved to another city with no contacts. So the game left with him. Recently I felt nostalgia about this game and I bought it. Played it a lot. Then I was searching the internet for tip, guides, walkthrough etc. I've found nothing. I mean, no guides at gamefaqs and a lot of dead sites. When I say dead I mean dead (offline), not just the sites without updates. Some of them were archived by wayback machine, but it still sucks.

Another example. I've watched Gene Roddenbery's Andromeda in 2004 year on TV. All seasons except the last one. It was made only in 2005. 2 years ago it was showed again, including last season. So, I've just watched the whole story, entered internet and... the same story. A lot of dead fan sites which had a lot of data...

I was thinking that if you place something to the internet, it will be there forever. Like they say "let internet mirror your data". Hell no =( If you want it, you should reupload it after some time...

Quote from: chyrak on May 19, 2012, 11:27:14 AM
My nes doesn't work anymore :'(
Yeah, mine is too. I will buy one later. Yeah, I can play all the games by emulator, but it's different than playing on actual console. Just another feelings...

Quote from: chyrak on May 19, 2012, 11:27:14 AM
LOL, Playing super metroid at 60 Mph is quite strange. After about an hour you completely forget your even moving xD.
You should try playing racing game next time =)

A_red_monk_called_Key

sadi did you drowned? how did you bring the picture back from heaven?

passarbye

@Scyzer, i am so fucking jealous right now.
Is all that yours though?

Antidote

no words can describe my nerd rage at not owning that collection.

Quietus

Hehe, it looks to match my collection, though mine is mostly boxed, and tucked away.  I'm interested to know whether your game collection is like it too, as mine is silly.  I have over 100 for my PSX alone. :^_^:

Mr K

Quote from: Scyzer on May 21, 2012, 06:37:18 AM

Nerdgasm Right there lol. That's a lovely collection, set out really nice too.

JAM Yeah next time we go for an adventure somewhere i'll give it a go :P (The Racing Game)

Just got back from fishing, Caught me an 11 pound smoothhound/dogfish.

EDIT: Oh yeah and a 3 pound bass :D

JAM

Quote from: Scyzer on May 21, 2012, 06:37:18 AM

йоп твою маать...
A true gamer's collection. And I was thinking that having SNES and Genesis in the same time 20 years ago is rough... THIS is rough!

Katelyn

So.
I got my laptop back. Parents still haven't shown any clues that they're reconsidering.
Changed my username for the last time guys, I fucking promise.

zephyrtronium

If I could, I would change your custom title to say "katelyn is a bitch name", so it's probably a good thing that I cannot.

Katelyn

Quote from: zephyrtronium on May 22, 2012, 06:12:30 AM
If I could, I would change your custom title to say "katelyn is a bitch name", so it's probably a good thing that I cannot.
Probably.

Mr K

Quote from: Katelyn on May 22, 2012, 12:30:46 AM
So.
I got my laptop back. Parents still haven't shown any clues that they're reconsidering.

So like ... have things calmed down a bit? I was reading up on everything that went down with you not so long ago, But i didn't really know what to say or had any advice to give you so didn't say anything. But anyway hope things are looking up for you and what not. I'm not very well known on here yet lol. But if anybody ever needed to talk or let some things off their chest, I'm always here to listen.

Katelyn

Quote from: chyrak on May 22, 2012, 02:58:00 PM
Quote from: Katelyn on May 22, 2012, 12:30:46 AM
So.

So like ... have things calmed down a bit? I was reading up on everything that went down with you not so long ago, But i didn't really know what to say or had any advice to give you so didn't say anything. But anyway hope things are looking up for you and what not. I'm not very well known on here yet lol. But if anybody ever needed to talk or let some things off their chest, I'm always here to listen.
Things...have calmed down, yes. I don't have their support, but they stopped harassing me. I'm pretty sure they believe that I don't think I'm trans anymore. I'll figure something out.

Mr K

QuoteThings...have calmed down, yes. I don't have their support, but they stopped harassing me. I'm pretty sure they believe that I don't think I'm trans anymore. I'll figure something out.

I hope you do, If you wanna talk i'm usually online so.. drop me a line enjoy your day.

EDIT: Fixed

Quote58

You might want to fix that quote Chyrak.

So question for you metconst, what is/was your favourite tv show?

Zero One

At the moment, it's got to be How I Met Your Mother. Other favourites include House, M*A*S*H, Frasier, Scrubs, Family Guy, Futurama. I think that's pretty much it.

EDIT: And I forgot TNG/Voyager/DS9 what the fuck is wrong with me.

EDIT: FUCK I FORGOT MLP WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME.

Digital_Mantra

Game of Thrones, The X-Files, Fringe, Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, Peep Show, Shameless, Futurama, 12 oz. Mouse, Home Movies, Duckman, Aeon Flux, Venture Bros., Archer, Farscape, Star Trek:TNG/Voyager/DS9, Rocko's Modern Life, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, Dr. Katz, The Walking Dead, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!, South Park, The Head, Mission Hill, Harsh Realm, Pond Life, Captain Star, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Frasier

(and probably a dozen others.) <edit: Totally forgot to mention SG:1/A/U!

passarbye

Family guy, American dad, Aqua teen hunger force/unit patrol, Squidbillies, Futurama, and last but not least Metalocalypse.

most everything on television sucks, but Adult Swim is pretty good.