News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

So summer is gone,
Leaving no epitaph.
It's still warm in the sun,
Only that's not enough.

All that true could have come,
Like a five-fingered fluff,
Folded into my palm,
Only that's not enough.

No evil was slighted
In the good aftermath,
World was festively lighted,
Only that's not enough.

Life forever was tucking,
Caring, making me laugh.
I was really lucky,
Only that's not enough.

No leaves ever seared,
No limbs broken rough.
Day, like glass, washed all clear,
Only that's not enough.

-Andrei Tarkovsky
'Stalker' 1979

*yeah i could have modified the last post as to not double post but this masterpiece of dialogue from that genius film doesn't fit with dragonball roshi cumming nose bleeds at the sight of tits or panties*

GF_Kennon

I get to college today to find my account has been disabled, this is quite bad, seeing as I'm an IT student and well, I need access or what the fuck can I do? (you cant program on paper :|)

Anyway I start running around and stuff trying to find the system admin who disabled the account to find out why and to re-enable it asap so I can get back to work.

After runing around finding none of them actually did it, I find that the college library had done it, because one of my books is overdue, the one on JavaScript for my college work, i misread the due date as the 14th of October, it was the 4th. :|

Anyway account unblocked and I got to bring that book in tomorrow and pay the fine.

Quietus

This is one of my current gripes with this country.  Lack of communication and professionalism.  Couldn't they just contact you to tell you that your book is late instead of having all of this drama?  Then you'd say "Oh, sorry about that.  I'll get it back today."  Crisis averted.  Knobs.

Lunaria

Happy birthday zekachu

GF_Kennon

My LG Viewty GC900 found the washing machine today, Oh god I'm phoneless, I can barely cope leaving it at home for an hour, what the fuck am I supposed to do now.

MetroidMst

I have a friend who has washed his phone multiple times, dropped it into a pond, left it outside in a rainstorm, and drops it constantly. He is on his 7th (I think) phone. I couldn't do that.

squishy_ichigo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZE--

woops

nah.... its still good! You and Bloods can share it! ;D

Keo

Happy Birthday Zhs2, [SOS] on top. :cool:

Phazar

Happy birthday from me as well, Zhs2!

Crashtour99

I was speaking (so to speak) with Black Falcon earlier and he asked me to send his regards to everyone here.   :^_^:

Oh, and a slightly delayed happy birthday Zhs2.

Quietus

Say 'hi' back.  It's always a shame when somebody as talented as BF go all real life on us, but sometimes it does sneak up on you like that! :sad:

JAM

Special for Zhs2.

[spoiler]
Happy Birthday!

Hope you like the joke. I want to play Co-oP with you someday, but now it's kinda hard when using dial-up
[/spoiler]

Zhs2

Lol, thanks for all of the cakes guys. How did you know it was my favorite thing? :grin:

interdpth

Parabox

Happy birthday, squee_zZz!

Boaz came back from 4 days of Berlin. He brought for himself and a bit for me a €200 acoustic guitar, and solely for me, a mankini.

Zhs2

Quote from: interdpth
Forr squeee [spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J95k4AXI8w[/spoiler]
But no cake? D'aww, I wanted to dig into a piece of that :(

So I brought my own:

happy b-day Josh :>

Silver Skree

Lunaria

Happy birthday! <3

Now stop being a jerk!

Hiroshi Mishima

*ventures forth from a massive ant hole, bodies everywhere, his flesh stinging from insecticide*

Just wanted to give some Birthday tidings, belated and otherwise, to Zeke, Squish, and anyone elses birthday I may have missed.

Also yes, ants. Fucking hate them. I wish I could make some kinda like.. pulse grenade or something which specifically targets ants inside of structures that you can't see, and rips them apart at the sub-atomic level the radius of my house (say 100 feet in diameter just to be safe).

*also inserts random babble about computer issues*

Parabox

You should just activate your PIP-Boy 3000's Vault-Assisted Targeting System, then you only have to shoot one of the stronger worker ants' antennae so that they become frenzied and attack the others. Preferably with a small gun, as big guns like a missile launcher would just destroy too much for it to be effective.

squishy_ichigo

thanks for all the love kiddies, wish I could have been here for it :<

You give money to your parents for them to go and pay the bill, and you think that's what they do.... :/

MetroidMst

AARGH! I could punch my Hex Editor right now. I finally added some doors in by myself to stop the overwriting of other shared doors. But, as always happens when I adventure into the hex realm without the hand of DSO I somehow delete a byte out of my hack. Screws stuff up right? Not exactly enough as it turns out. Turns out I lost a room. So now back to my backup to start about four more rooms over again, and this time hopefully more door pointing exercise will not go astray.

zephyrtronium

Why don't you just use your backup to figure out what byte you deleted and stick it back in?