News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

∑++ Non-update

Started by Silver Skree, June 04, 2010, 06:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 24, 2010, 12:19:08 AM
Be warned. They suck.
Nah. Sigma was good. I didn't cater towards anything else though.

Silver Skree

Gentlemen and hermaphrodites! I come bearing tidings of MORE SECTOR 4 ACTION.

[spoiler=waht is bwah,, and wat is lazr][/spoiler]

EDIT: Revision of screenshot a few posts back:
[spoiler=hod A 2 charg baem][/spoiler]

Zhs2

Quote from: Silver_Skreehermaphrodites
I wish.

By the way, I like that simple orange addition to the bubble in the door frame, to say nothing of the rest of the door. Everything else feels rather vanilla.

Silver Skree

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 25, 2010, 07:16:57 AMEverything else feels rather vanilla.
Is this supposed to be indicative of good, bad, or just a reserved observation?

Lunaria

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 25, 2010, 07:20:57 AM
Is this supposed to be indicative of good, bad, or just a reserved observation?
Depends on if you're gunnar or not.
* Crys smugs

AKA, room looks good to me, nothing special beside the cool door.

Zhs2

Take it as you will. You alone should know what style and look you're going for. I guess it could also be taken as a reserved observation, since I'm partial to custom graphics over the tile arrangement I've seen since 1994. If you wanted this hack to feel Zebes-ish, you have it made! :razz:

Lunaria

Maybe it's just me but I think the normal tiles can still give a new feeling if you use them in good ways and give them some spicy palette, ala what you did to maridia. ;P

Hiroshi Mishima

Hmm, I guess at least one person will probably not enjoy my hack if I ever actually do anything with it like put it up here. Personally, as fancy and interesting as custom work is, it's also very hard on those of us who aren't tileset gurus. So yeah, I really rather like the vanilla-y tiles, since in my mind this is scarely what I'd call vanilla. But oh well, palettes look good, and I've been enjoying the romhack immensely.

JAM

Quote from: person701 on June 09, 2010, 09:45:11 PM
Well that's a relief considering in Sigma you pretty much have everything before you fight him (or you can). It wasn't the e-tanks that made the fight hard (if that's what ur talkin about). It was the health.
I just saw it's room in SMILE. FFFF HP with full Samus' upgrades? I don't think it will be so hard.

In one hack you must beat Phantoon that has something like 3800 (hex) HP when Samus have only Spazer beam (which doesn't damage him at all), about 50 Missiles and about 10 Super Missiles. THAT was hard and took up to 40 minutes to beat him.

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 24, 2010, 12:19:08 AM
http://www.box.net/shared/bd5a2fluml

Be warned. They suck.
Thanks for upload, And even if it is, there are already a things that can be studied. Learn what to do when playing good hacks and learn what to not to do when playing bad hacks.

Hiroshi Mishima

I can tell you a tip from Sigma Boss Rush as what not to do right now!

Lesson 1: When redesigning the escape sequence, don't rush through it and bypass your beta tester in order to release it faster. Silver learned all about that from Sigma Boss Rush. I'm actually looking forwards to Sigma++'s last area/escape just to see if he actually took that lesson to heart. :p

Silver Skree

Ah, yes. Finally time to post an update, I guess.

[spoiler]

This is the room just before Crocomire.[/spoiler]

Furthermore, video, because I was bored and why the hell not.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXnchW_4F8[/spoiler]

Quietus

Could just be my work monitor, but I barely saw any of it.  I did catch a lot of spinning though. :>:

Hiroshi Mishima

I lol'd because I know exactly what all of the stuff being shown is and where it's from. Ahahah...

Silver Skree

This hack is never getting done. I'm too addicted to
[spoiler]Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss[/spoiler]

(Minor edit for understanding relevance.)

Quietus

Yep, I get the relevance there.  Intended for here?

Silver Skree

This hack is like, never getting done. I'm too addicted to Minecraft.

Tyjet66

Quote from: Silver Skree on September 17, 2010, 07:19:20 AM
This hack is like, never getting done. I'm too addicted to Minecraft.
Kick the addiction man. I tried that game but couldn't understand it, and then I got stuck in lava, so I quit.  :lol:

Silver Skree

All right, all right, I'm forced to go without Minecraft for a week, so I'll pick Sigma++ back up. Maybe I can still finish it before the end of the year? If not, I'll have to give myself that slap I promised at the beginning of this. If I do get it done this year, I'm hoping it can be nominated for best quick play of 2010, but let's not rush.

Anway, ITT: Discuss my current sig until I finish the next room so I can feed you guys a screenshot proper.

personitis

Bright green and dark red. Good contrast. Though it looks like someone vomited on the door.

Eppy37

Hurry up and finish the hack, dammit!I love the colors, especially the green.

Tyjet66

Needs more purple! Green is awesome though. Also, I love how you incorporate the different tile types together.

Silver Skree

Quote from: person701 on September 20, 2010, 10:25:34 PM
Bright green and dark red. Good contrast. Though it looks like someone vomited on the door.
Elaborate. You just talking about the bubbles on the door, or what?

(Will post clearer screenshots of doors and stuff later today)

personitis

Nothin' on the bubbles (I actually didn't see them until you said something xD). I was just being a smartass commenting on the door's colors. Goes with the room fine however.

Silver Skree

On a whim because it's squishy's birthday, I'm releasing a demo version of this hack.

There are no trailers for it, unless you want to count that weird Please Check Your Sanity video.

This is as much of a demo release as it is a mass public test-play, so please do get back to me at some point if you have any thoughts or constructive criticism to offer. Additionally, I do permit LPs of this demo (EDIT: If you do an LP, please don't use tools. The hack isn't that big, and I give you plenty of Save Stations.).

速度、恵み、勝利  |  peed, Grace, Victory

[spoiler=Credits List]
BassZ1890
Black Falcon
Crashtour99
DChronos
DFPercush
Digital Mantra
DSO
FirePhoenix
GF_Kennon
Green Kirby / Crys / Lunamon
Grime
Hiroshi Mishima
InsomniaDX
JAM
Jathys
Kejardon
PY
Rakki
Sadiztyk Fish
squishy_ichigo
Tuvia Dulin / Sylux
(If you did something and I left you out of this list, please let me know! I'm very sorry if I did!)
[/spoiler]