News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Hack Ideas

Started by DSO, May 20, 2009, 08:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herald83

I was afraid of that, but it's good to know someone else concurs!

Silver Skree

I love ideas 1 and 2, and would have fun playing a hack that implements them. Idea 2 was something that was going to be in Sigma++ as a bonus/gravy item, so I definitely approve of that. What would be cooler, though, is if you had variable regeneration conditions. For example, not regenerating when running, regenerating at a rate of about 1 ammo/minute while walking, regenerating at 4 ammo/min when at standstill, and increasing rates as Samus stands in water, heated areas, and lava respectively. And that could all easily be cumulative with a timer that counts down a certain amount for each condition met.

Idea 3 sounds pretty farfetched, but if you can pull it off, more power to you. Although, you might want to consider the fact that unless you also add ASM to make it skippable, the long-winded cutscenes would have the same effect of making people impatient as the vanilla intro, item pickup boxes, and door transitions do. :wink:

SloppyJoe95

I know this my be wishful thinking, but has anyone ever thought of turning Super Metroid into a multiplayer game? I'm pretty sure it's possible but damn how would that work?
It would be cool though:
- Co-op single player
- Deathmatch (4 player for team deathmatch?  :razz: ) With custom multiplayer maps, maybe including some maps that have references to single player
And maybe more.

AHHH, ALAS, IT IS ALL BUT JUST A DREAM.  :<_<:

Zhs2

I know this my be wishful thinking, but has anyone ever thought of turning Super Metroid into a multiplayer game?
The dream may be more real than you think. Jathys worked once a while ago with two player control of Bomb Torizo in a small arena. Alas, he is trapped in the throes of real life at the moment. :<_<:

Damski

I like to see Seeker missile in Super metroid but this idea sounds impossible or not... I dunno..It should work just as  megaman diveman homing missile..

Another idea would be Sa-x ... maybe it works if you change Space pirate sprites but it might need more space.

Quietus

Well, it may be possible by stealing and altering the code that deals with the Wave SBA.  When you fire this off, the projectiles weave in and out of Samus's body, and if you move, they all seek to pass Samus again.  This is actually abused in TASes.  Anyway, since it has that homing effect, it may be possible to alter the Missiles code to do the same.

personitis

IIRC, from what I heard a while ago, the seeker missile idea is difficult because it would have to track any kind of enemy or that there would have to be a way to distinguish what is and isn't an enemy. SA-X though, just sounds like an enemy resprite and AI rework.

Silver Skree

Quote from: person701 on July 12, 2011, 12:00:28 PMSA-X though, just sounds like an enemy resprite and AI rework.
And animation table rework. Have fun with that.

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: person701 on July 12, 2011, 12:00:28 PM
that there would have to be a way to distinguish what is and isn't an enemy

That would be as simple as having the seeker missile check a certain enemy bit, that the editor would only set on enemies he wants to be seeker missile'd.

Blarget2

Slanted elevators. that is all.

Damski

I have new idea.. Ice block! if you go over it... you slip! Like in Super mario bross 3..

Charmander106

Quote from: Damski on July 17, 2011, 06:30:47 PM
I have new idea.. Ice block! if you go over it... you slip! Like in Super mario bross 3..

Slippery?

Damski

Quote from: Webber1900 on July 17, 2011, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: Damski on July 17, 2011, 06:30:47 PM

Slippery?

Wow :D xD is there public patch for this or asm? This would have been very good feature in my Ice cave area.

X-tradyte

I have an Idea or two, how about making the Save station, a Save crystal, that could be put anywheres? (FFXII made get thinkin)

And, Make it a Samus war place, like asm to make a stage of war.... using the debug room, having the debug map, and use the select screen for Japanese text, make it say Samus vs. mode? and program the bosses, and different forms of Samus you could use? although, this is just an Idea... I think that would take to much ASM...on the other-hand...the Save crystal thing....

Lunaria

You CAN place save stations pretty much anywhere already, it just takes a bit of work. :p

Katelyn

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 21, 2011, 03:33:17 PM
I have an Idea or two, how about making the Save station, a Save crystal, that could be put anywheres? (FFXII made get thinkin)

1. Make GFX

2. Place Save Station PLM w/ the GFX.

3. Set up the Load Station for it.

4. ???

5. don't profit because it's a feature

Quietus

I don't think he's on about in SMILE.  It sounds like he's on about Samus carrying them round with her, and being able to drop there where she likes..?

Blarget2

I think that's exactly what he wants. Sounds like a cool idea. you should also make it so when Samus is carrying it, it slows her down a bit.

X-tradyte

No, no, that no it, I mean have the same like FFXII, just a simple touch and save, not stand on and save. sorry if it confused! and it could be anywheres, and I was also thinking, upside down gravity? walking on the ceiling and walls and stuff?

Blarget2

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 22, 2011, 01:34:34 PM
and I was also thinking, upside down gravity? walking on the ceiling and walls and stuff?

Its been done already. go play the Halloween compo hacks.... its in one of them.

Katelyn

Quote from: Blarget2 on July 22, 2011, 02:03:07 PM
and I was also thinking, upside down gravity? walking on the ceiling and walls and stuff?

Its been done already. go play the Halloween compo hacks.... its in one of them.

Only for morph ball. I think he means Samus ACTUALLY WALKING on the ceiling.

Blarget2

Quote from: Vaelstrom on July 22, 2011, 02:12:02 PM
Quote from: Blarget2 on July 22, 2011, 02:03:07 PM

Only for morph ball. I think he means Samus ACTUALLY WALKING on the ceiling.
Shouldn't be that hard. If he did it with morph, whose to say he cant do it with walking?

Katelyn

Quote from: Blarget2 on July 22, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
Shouldn't be that hard. If he did it with morph, whose to say he cant do it with walking?

Quote train ended.

I'm fairly certain he didn't flip any tiles, so unless you want Samus walking on her head...

Crashtour99

Quote from: Vaelstrom on July 22, 2011, 03:20:04 PM
Quote from: Blarget2 on July 22, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
Quote train ended.
I'm fairly certain he didn't flip any tiles, so unless you want Samus walking on her head...
^ this...

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7E9xnOJHCA[/spoiler]
As you can see, the engine itself is set up to work a certain way.  You'd have to modify A LOT in order for it to work properly.

Katelyn

Quote from: Blarget2 on July 22, 2011, 03:27:47 PM
I LOL'D SO HARD  :lol!:

THIS IS NOT A REACTION THREAD. GO AWAY.

---

Back on-topic. Power Beam item pickup.

Discuss.