News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Tools for adding suits, beams, missiles, and text.

Started by FireCrystal, September 12, 2018, 11:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireCrystal

Hello everybody. I'm new to romhack ing and this forum (so please tell me if I posted this in the wrong board) I'm currently working on a super Metroid romhack, and wanted a few new items added. How my hack goes is: Samus crashes on zebes after being attacked by a rogue galactic federation ship. When you land, you are given control, but I want the player to start as ZSS, and I don't think i can do Justin Bailey on SM. I would like to add two new suits to the game:
Zero suit
Galactic federation armor
Power suit (as an obtainable item)
P.E.D
Along with these suits, I want to add samus's stun gun from zero mission, along with the power beam as a collectible like the suit.

As an added extra, I would like to add some sort of hyper mode.

Along with suits and beams, I would also like to add:

Diffusion missiles

After looking far and wide through the web, I am starting to give up. If anybody knows of a way I can add these items, let me know.

Almost forgot! Is there a way to add text (e.g. activating a device or an npc)

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Mentlegen

There is a patch by Metty2k that adds a lava and an acid suit to the game, but that's about it. As for a "hyper mode" you might be able to code an item that enables blue suit when active. That's as close as i can think of.