News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Old SMILE Help Thread

Started by GF_Kennon, May 17, 2009, 02:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolando

i was wondering would i need asm to make door bubbles open with beams?

GF_Kennon

Quote from: rolando on November 07, 2009, 12:26:22 AM

Yes, and its already been done...  :=x:

Hacker347

ASM? How do I do it? I want to make that thing off MP2 before you fight the Alpha Blogg.

Parabox

thanks for that color, Hacker ¬.¬

Hacker347

:pwuh: what color? dont know what your talkin' 'bout  :pwuh:

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: Hacker347 on November 07, 2009, 07:21:57 AM
ASM? How do I do it? I want to make that thing off MP2 before you fight the Alpha Blogg.
Quote from: Hacker347 on November 07, 2009, 09:10:34 AM
:pwuh: what color? dont know what your talkin' 'bout  :pwuh:
Are you really that ignorant. -_-;
The words ASM and Alpha Blogg are in different colors then the rest of the text, thus DK said...
Quote from: DekuKnight on November 07, 2009, 09:07:54 AM
thanks for that color, Hacker ¬.¬

Not to mention this ENTIRE conversation is a complete derail. :P
---
Now for your question.  We were talking about ASM guides earlier in this topic.  Heck its on THIS page.  Try reading one of those and if you can't make sense of it, you can ask questions about it.

Hacker347

Quote from: rolandosee i was trying to do this because i wanted to free up the space jump so i could make like a gravity boost item like in prime 2
:lol: I want to make the same thing as rolando.  :lol:

rolando

Quote from: GF_Kennon on November 07, 2009, 07:07:38 AM
Quote from: rolando on November 07, 2009, 12:26:22 AM

Yes, and its already been done...  :=x:
and im also guessing that i would need to make custom PLM for each of these door bubbles am i right?

Hacker347

Does anyone know how to recreate the beams?

RealRed

Hacker347

what? :pwuh: anyways rolando pm'd me and told me how.

I'm making a hack and  i just want to know how do you make it so the wrecked ship BG won't screw up or scroll on the landing site

Cpearl015

Hello, nice to be on this page and forum, my English is not very good I hope I understand perfectly, well I'm doing my hack: Super Metroid Phazar, but I paused for a few reasons that are my concerns with your smile. My idea is to unite  Crateria with Wrecked Ship, I managed to change the graphics of Wrecked equal to those of Crateria, but the background becomes a "x" or pieces of doors, how do I make the background like the other rooms of Crateria? I not understand and I hope I can help ...

begrimed

Cpearl015: There are 2 ways I can think of right away that can fix your problem, and both are easy.

Method 1

1.) Make a back-up copy of your ROM.

2.) Go to a Crateria room with a working background (start off with a cave background for now).

3.) Go to "Edit > Pointers" in SMILE. Look at the #### for "BG_Data" - write it down or memorize it. Close the pointers window.

4.) Go to a Crateria room with an "x or pieces of doors" background.

5.) Go to "Edit > Pointers" again, and replace the BG_Data with the one you got from a working background. Click "NO" when SMILE asks if you want to copy the data or leave it! If you click "Yes", your pretty much asking for a broken ROM.

Method 2.

1.) Change the BG_Data pointer to "0000" in one of your "x or door pieces" rooms.

2.) Go to "Tools > Background Editor > BG/Layer 2 SCROLLING" and change "Use BG_Data pointer" into "Layer 2 background (custom)"

3.) Go to "Tools > Background Editor > ADD Layer 2 background" - this will cover the background with power bomb door pieces. This is normal.

4.) Right-click your mouse and drag it to select a big chunk of air tiles, then press the "F1" key. Erase all of the power bomb door tiles by replacing them with air tiles. The background should be solid black.

5.) Now make your own background by using whatever tiles you want on layer 2. Just make sure your tile data doesn't end up higher than what's allowed. You can see your level data usage by saving your room. It tells you the number at the top-left of the window. "###/###"

That's the general gist of it. Play around with it on a back-up copy of your ROM and you'll figure it out eventually. Hope that helps.

Quietus

Is it possible to copy a tile within the tileset.  For example, I have some tiles, and I want a number of copies within the tileset, but using different palettes, so can I copy the tile from the existing one, or do I just build the new one, changing the plaette it uses?

GF_Kennon

You mean the Copy paste tile in the graphics editor, just erm, look where you drag the tiles to make a normal tile, its just under it, click copy, then click a free spot, then click paste then save ROM

Cpearl015

Quote from: Grime on November 09, 2009, 01:58:26 PM
Cpearl015: There are 2 ways I can think of right away that can fix your problem, and both are easy.

Method 1

1.) Make a back-up copy of your ROM.

2.) Go to a Crateria room with a working background (start off with a cave background for now).

3.) Go to "Edit > Pointers" in SMILE. Look at the #### for "BG_Data" - write it down or memorize it. Close the pointers window.

4.) Go to a Crateria room with an "x or pieces of doors" background.

5.) Go to "Edit > Pointers" again, and replace the BG_Data with the one you got from a working background. Click "NO" when SMILE asks if you want to copy the data or leave it! If you click "Yes", your pretty much asking for a broken ROM.

Method 2.

1.) Change the BG_Data pointer to "0000" in one of your "x or door pieces" rooms.

2.) Go to "Tools > Background Editor > BG/Layer 2 SCROLLING" and change "Use BG_Data pointer" into "Layer 2 background (custom)"

3.) Go to "Tools > Background Editor > ADD Layer 2 background" - this will cover the background with power bomb door pieces. This is normal.

4.) Right-click your mouse and drag it to select a big chunk of air tiles, then press the "F1" key. Erase all of the power bomb door tiles by replacing them with air tiles. The background should be solid black.

5.) Now make your own background by using whatever tiles you want on layer 2. Just make sure your tile data doesn't end up higher than what's allowed. You can see your level data usage by saving your room. It tells you the number at the top-left of the window. "###/###"

That's the general gist of it. Play around with it on a back-up copy of your ROM and you'll figure it out eventually. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Quietus

Quote from: GF_Kennon on November 09, 2009, 03:54:30 PM
You mean the Copy paste tile in the graphics editor, just erm, look where you drag the tiles to make a normal tile, its just under it, click copy, then click a free spot, then click paste then save ROM

Thanks.  And :facepalm-smilie-here:

Hacker347

1 quick question: what is the pointer for the landing room to have the cave BG?

i want it for my hack:[spoiler] SUPER METROID: FREEZER [/spoiler]

personitis

You have to cancel the landing site BG first I believe. Change the FX2 pointer to "0000" and change the background to custom (Tools - Background Editor - Layer2/Scrolling). And that's how you kill the scrolling BG and the landing site glitch. You can actually thank Blood for teaching me that.

Hacker347

Ok, I'll try it no promises it will work 100%

Edit how do i cancel the landing site BG?

Silver Skree

....  :fukken:

HE JUST FUKKEN TOLD YOU DFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFS  :FURY:

Zhs2

Do not do this. Avoid the stupidity of Hacker347 and just get on with your life. It will be better for the both of us, non?

Cpearl015

Another doubt in the room of Torizo where you acquire  the bombs in this room in smile appears one part of color purple or blue part that can not be used, and I've seen hacks that if they could use, like Super Metroid RBO Insane, how can I I use that part of the room too?

Hacker347

I might be able to help but i need a clear explanation. one part of color purple or blue part that can not be used is not a clear enough explanation. i need a picture or something.

personitis

Quote from: Cpearl015 on November 11, 2009, 09:45:36 AM
Another doubt in the room of Torizo where you acquire  the bombs in this room in smile appears one part of color purple or blue part that can not be used, and I've seen hacks that if they could use, like Super Metroid RBO Insane, how can I I use that part of the room too?
For once, I'm gonna agree with hacker... that is pretty vague. If you're talking about the tileset used, those purple tiles are in the current tileset used by that room. If you're talking about the background, that too is in the tileset but if you're trying to use it else where I believe it's a pointer.

Am I anywhere near your question? :pwuh: