News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Phantom 3.0

Started by Zzanitari, April 29, 2018, 09:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzanitari

Can you handle the Metroids?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0evqad5wbj1fnhu/phantom3.0%28JU%29.ips?dl=0

Question also on the Metroid graphics. Some rooms they look alright when frozen but when in brinstar or norfair they jumble up with other sprites when frozen..how can I fix this? Also I need some beta testers but I have no way if uploading it so I guess I have to sign up for a host...unless I post the ips attached on here?

SirAileron

Holy moly, I'd beta test this again.  :lol:

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Zzanitari on April 29, 2018, 09:55:46 AMI have no way if uploading it so I guess I have to sign up for a host...unless I post the ips attached on here?
You may attach ips files here. If it's too large, compress it using a zip, 7z, or rar file.

Zzanitari

I tried just now and it's too big of a file even in a .zip file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huu0z40rjg5ho53/phantom3.0.ips?dl=0

I have a .smc as well if that makes it easier...I'm not too experienced with patches I always like things prepatched...

Though I don't want to get in trouble for posting the .smc file ...

elol

there is a problem when patching the ips with the smc because when I do it starts normal but when I select to start the black screen comes out and stays there.

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Zzanitari on May 03, 2018, 08:18:28 PM
I have a .smc as well if that makes it easier.
ROM distribution here is most definitely prohibited.

Zzanitari

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on May 03, 2018, 09:13:19 PM
Quote from: Zzanitari on May 03, 2018, 08:18:28 PM
I have a .smc as well if that makes it easier.
ROM distribution here is most definitely prohibited.

I thought so, so, if you want to test I can send you the .smc in a pm...

MetroidNerd#9001

I'm pretty sure that ROM distribution prohibition applies to Personal Messages too. Just make an IPS. You have to select a vanilla ROM to base it off of so it will work. Also be sure to specify headered or unheadered

Zzanitari

I'm not going to be able to do it without help...Last time I was releasing my hack through e-mail...I've never successfully patched a rom cause i can't find a vanilla rom..Do unedited (JU) headered roms work for patching roms? Please help! I've always had a problem with patching and creating patches cause they never work

elol

It seems that the ips is damaged because when I use the Super Metroid rom (JU) [!] unheadered the introduction starts normal when I'm going to start the game, it only keeps the menu music and the black screen. Now when I use the Super Metroid rom (JU) headered it starts the normal menu but when I start a game the normal super meter comes out but with the stage broken, crooked floor and with all the doors dropped badly placed. I think you should analyze the ips well to make it work well.

Zzanitari

try this I used a (I'm pretty sure it is)headered (JU) rom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0evqad5wbj1fnhu/phantom3.0%28JU%29.ips?dl=0

I tested that one and it worked for me

andlabs

Yes, you need a headered ROM for this hack.

Zzanitari

Thank you. I am not sure if I should continue this hack or start over on a new hack. This one was made to be hard, and I definitely enjoyed working on it. The thing with it now is SMILE won't let me edit the color palette on this ROM. I feel like it's about done now, since I can't really edit much... If you can get to the black brinstar, I'll salute you. It's not easy to get to Kraid!  :nuhuh: