News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - December 2017 / January 2018

Started by OneOf99, November 10, 2017, 12:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Months?

Oneof99
9 (40.9%)
Hackmi
0 (0%)
Daltone
9 (40.9%)
Moehr
2 (9.1%)
Boomerang
1 (4.5%)
MetroidNerd@9001
1 (4.5%)
Jefe962
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

OneOf99

This room's tileset was inspired by Torvus Bog from Prime 2. Thus I went with some moody colors

[spoiler][/spoiler]

My epic waterfall in action:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Video with enemies:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xaj_HB3Vk[/spoiler]

Hackmi

My tiles. For "Pixeltroid". In a room made by me.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Temple tiles by Mccad. And door tiles.

Boomerang

Quote from: Hackmi on November 10, 2017, 12:41:37 PM
I dunno, this room is more focus on gameplay then looks:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

You're linking to a discord URL; we can't see it as it is now.

Daltone

[spoiler][/spoiler]
edit: fixed tile errors

Moehr

I got something, but I can't get it to export correctly, using smile rf 3.0.8. I think the same thing happened to the colors last time :D

Here's a screenshot, though:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Still looks better in person:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Boomerang

This is the first room I've made with MAGE; I don't know how to get the BG3 layer to show up correctly in MAGE (it doesn't repeat like that in-game).

The goal I had in mind with this was to keep things really simple (as it's the first room I've made with this particular editor) by using a really simple tileset and going as far as I can with it. Ultimately it's not as nice as my previous entry, but I'm still happy with this design.

Here goes!

[spoiler]

Here's an image of the room with the BG3 in editor; it doesn't show up correctly but it should give a good idea as to how it's supposed to look.

[spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

biospark

Quote from: Boomerang on December 02, 2017, 05:16:28 AM
I don't know how to get the BG3 layer to show up correctly in MAGE (it doesn't repeat like that in-game).

It will never show up correctly because of parallax scrolling. You could always post an in-game screenshot to show how it should look.

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on December 02, 2017, 04:24:14 PM
Quote from: Boomerang on December 02, 2017, 05:16:28 AM
I don't know how to get the BG3 layer to show up correctly in MAGE (it doesn't repeat like that in-game).

It will never show up correctly because of parallax scrolling. You could always post an in-game screenshot to show how it should look.
adding to this, you could make a gif instead of recording video, should you choose.
people like using Gyazo: https://gyazo.com/ and Gifcam is popular too: http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Quote58

Okay guys, it's time to finally update room of the month.
I apologize for how long this has taken. I've been extremely busy with work, and then we had the contest and everything.
Hopefully 2018 will be a better year all around, including updating this on time.

As for December 2017, it's being merged with January 2018, so if you don't have something already in from December, feel free to post for January.
As well, if you'd like to change your entry from December for January, you can do so at any time.

Hackmi

MetroidNerd#9001

I think that I've gotten better at building rooms since the last ROTM I participated in. Here is the room.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I also have a video of me playing through the room in order to show the FX and enemies. This room has door dependent FX data.
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrGVC5naU&t=26s[/spoiler]

Hackmi

Godamnnn gonna go revise over all my rooms and make them more autistically overdone than usual and then get beaten out by jiffy :P

Jiffy

[spoiler="Challenge"][/spoiler]

So that's the explanation for this month's January entry. Time to put Hackmi out of his misery.

Hackmi

damn i dunno how to combat that my rooms pretty good but no match.
so i made one and stole ur style
[spoiler][/spoiler]
This is a joke this isn't my actual entry.

OneOf99

Jiffy that room is so perfect I can't even post my own room because I know I already lost.

Gonna vote for hackmi though, because he totally deserves it  :lol:

liamnajor

albert v.

Giant Torizo statue, this room is on my hack Ancient Chozo in Maridia, i may change something on this room in next versions.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote58

Sorry to say, but that room can't be submitted to rotm, as it is in a hack that has already been released. It's a cool room, but one of the rules (which can now be found in the first post of this thread) states:
"Previous Works - Screenshots may not be submitted from any hacks that have been released, this also includes any rooms from previous RotM's (and RotW's), only 'Work in Progress' hacks shall be accepted."

albert v.

Quote from: Quote58 on January 30, 2018, 02:59:07 AM
Sorry to say, but that room can't be submitted to rotm, as it is in a hack that has already been released. It's a cool room, but one of the rules (which can now be found in the first post of this thread) states:
"Previous Works - Screenshots may not be submitted from any hacks that have been released, this also includes any rooms from previous RotM's (and RotW's), only 'Work in Progress' hacks shall be accepted."

ohh i see, well  sorry obut that, i'm removing this and if i ever start a new hack i'll come back here and show up one nice room, Thanks.

Miranda Gemini

Quote seems to have forgotten about this, so here's the Room of the Month voting for December/January.
[spoiler=Oneof99][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Daltone][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Moehr][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Boomerang][/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd@9001][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jefe962][/spoiler]
Get voting, and don't forget to submit for next month, especially those of you entering The Authorized Contest! Good luck Metconst!

Quietus

Daltone for me. A great combination of tiles, even within the same tileset. Good work. :^_^:

Daltone

My boat goes to Oneof99 simply because its clean and the graphics dont conflict too much.
If Moehr had some less repeaty tiles and less errors with the bigger green bricks i would go for that, hoping you got some darkness going on so it doesnt look that bad with colors in game.

Good job ppl!