News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid ShinesPark hack NTK

Started by Pedro123, August 18, 2017, 10:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro123

Hello, i make a shinespark hack, with some Hex edits.
Can someone play and evaluate?
Hex edits  : Possible very short charge Just accelerating, no damage shinespark, bomb jump in water.
Other Edits : Total change in route and boss order
Normal/Easy Difficult.

andlabs

How do I get back to the old Tourian shaft that you are in in the last screenshot? Current status:

[spoiler]13 Energy Tanks, 4 Reserve Tanks, 185 Missiles, 30 Super Missiles, 50 Power Bombs, Grappling Beam, X-Ray Scope, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Wave Beam, Spazer, Plasma Beam, Gravity Suit, Morphing Ball, Bombs, Hi-Jump Boots, Space Jump, Speed Booster

I've defeated Bomb Torizo, Spore Spawn, Kraid, Crocomire, Botwoon, Draygon, Gold Torizo, and Ridley.

The door to Tourian is still gray, and there does not seem to be any way up from that corridor. Up from Blue Brinstar, there's a Space Pirate I can't defeat that stops me from going back to the old Tourian shaft directly (is it only weak to Screw Attack? that's my guess). The path up from Black Brinstar is blocked by Speed Booster blocks and I don't think I can charge a Shinespark in the allotted space... The path up to the Wrecked Ship from Maridia is blocked by crumble blocks.

If it also helps to know, the door to where X-Ray Scope is in the original game is also gray for some reason.[/spoiler]

Thanks!

As for bugs, I don't remember if it's this hack or not, but I'm pretty sure it is: when you removed the Power Bomb blocks from Shaktool's room, you forgot to remove the scroll trigger, so the screen never scrolls. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to have any persistent negative graphical effect this kind of bug would usually be associated with (doorcaps are still properly aligned, for instance)...