News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The Online Gaming Thread

Started by Zero One, September 28, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero One

A thread for online gaming matchmaking and community gathering! I figured, we have a Steam thread, but nothing for any individual games, or other services. Since I recently (read: today) got into Overwatch, then why not have a thread where we can share user IDs and set up community matches. There's no restrictions on making a thread to discuss each game, but why not have ID sharing all in one convenient place? Also useful for stuff like good old Quake III or Unreal Tournament, if somebody is interested in setting that up! My Battle.net ID is ZeroOne#2146.

Will sticky this if it picks up some speed.

Jordan5

I am quite a keen player of CS:GO, but also play things like Rocket League, Killing Floor 2, GoldenEye Source, and very occasionally Garry's Mod. I recently picked up Battlefield: Bad Company 2, does anyone around here still play?

Zero One

I really want to get into GMod for stuff like Prop Hunt, but every server I enter, it's always full of missing objects and that awful default pink and black checkerboard. Tried installing the CS:GO assets, but they never seem to work.

Vismund Cygnus

The only online gaming I ever really do is card games, mainly Hearthstone and Elder Scrolls: Legends.
I kind of stopped playing Hearthstone a while back because I loathe to spend money on expansions that will be phased out in the next 5 or 6 months. Once the new one drops, I might get back into it, if they can manage to fix the fucking terrible balance issues and make Rogue playable again.
In the meantime, TES: Legends is really fun and overall quite well balanced. I believe it's still in beta, but none of the deck archetypes seem overpowered, nor is there one particular set of cards that's superior to the others.
Outside of card games, I play TF2 sometimes but usually only when @GF_Kennon wants to. I used to play CS:S a fair bit, but stopped about a year ago when it stopped being interesting. I tried getting into GO but the community is awful.
I also occasionally played Pokemon online, but it's hard to come up with interesting rosters that actually work, as in general there's a core set of Pokemon that are ridiculously strong in every tier (I played Underused because Weavile is my favourite Pokemon, though he's now in Overused now iirc? OU was the other category I played, though far less often).
I'd like to get Overwatch but I find it hard to justify spending $70 (STRAYA!) on a multiplayer only game, even though I know realistically that I'll play it a bunch.
Lastly, I love AoE2 and got relatively good at it, but it's hard to set aside 30-40 minutes without a break to play a match. That said if anyone here wanted to that would be fun.
My things:
Steam: link
Battle.net: Vismund#6933

passarbye

I've been getting heavily into Paladins lately, so if you guys don't care for Overwatch it's a good substitute. It's in open beta (and FREE), but it doesn't feel like much of a beta after the latest patch.
My in-game name is RaiMage there.

squishy_ichigo

I was playing Heroes of the Storm pretty frequently, sometimes with Project, for almost a year, at least until Dark Souls 3 came out. I then sank almost 300 hours into that, and have pretty much burnt myself out on playing that until the dlc comes out. I play DS3 on xbox one, also sometimes with Project, and could maybe be inclined to play that with other people that I've known for a few years.

Project has been bugging me to Buy the Diablo 3 expansion, but ehhhhh, that costs money, and I don't really care enough to do all that, don't tell him I said that though, its funny to pretend like I might get it.

Zero One

Oh yeah, I forgot, I have a PSN. People should add me on that too: Chozodian.

Hopefully soon, I can grab an Xbox 360. Gotta add to my collection!

Quote58

I've got a ps4 that I play rocket league on (quote57) and a Wii u which I use for mario kart (quote58)

Cpt.Glitch

I have a PSN that I only use at buddies houses due to a lack of owning a sony device. (stevenator64)
I have and Xbox 360 & Xbox One for playing Halo, CoD, Happy Wars, all that nice stuff. (CaptGlitch)
And I have a Wii U for Karting and SSMB. (CaptGlitch)

Zero One

oh hey, I have an Xbox 360 now and people should add me on that: The Chozodiac. Turns out the account I had about a decade ago still exists! Also, if you have a 360, you should add me on that. Turns out that the 360 friends list is actually slightly separate from the Xbone list, so I won't even see Xbone friend requests. Dumb, but oh well.

Of course, if you don't have a 360, then just add me anyway. It'll get diverted to my PC.

FelixWright

I have all 8th gen consoles and VR but my main platform is steam. https://steamcommunity.com/id/cosmickk/ HMU if you want to play co-op games, mainly obscure sci-fi pve shooters like Space Beast Terror Fright or Extinction mode in Call of Duty Ghosts. THE EDF DEPLOYS! Also looking to eventually try Aliens Fireteam Elite. Starbound is also pretty cool. So is Risk of Rain/Risk of Rain 2. & Don't even get me started on Unfortunate Spacemen. etc. I also review a lot of metroid-likes.

PS4: chsmith5. I don't have ps plus. I play Blacklight Retribution. That's about it.

Xbox: Ckosmick. I don't have xbox live gold. I play Destiny 1 and Halo 5. On PC I play Halo MCC and Blacklight Tango Down.

Switch: SW-3568-7605-1596. I don't have NSO. I have a decent amount of games but Dread is the killer app for me.

VR: I have a Quest2 which I use Virtual Desktop to stream PCVR to. My killer app was VRChat but ever since the EasyAntiCheat update my headset's just been sitting around. Might try ChilloutVR or NEOS.