News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Pitoid (Release)

Started by PonchGaming, July 20, 2016, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonchGaming

Hello everyone, not sure if you have seen recently, but someone made a topic about a hack but he can't release it. Anyways, I asked the guy and he said I can release it, he gave me the rom, I made it into a patch, and now here we are. So this hack was made in 2000, so it is very vanilla. I played through it a little, it seems to work fine. So, maybe you will enjoy it but idk. It was made a long time ago, so ya. I might add stuff like Metroid Plus Saving, or something else, but for now, here is the thing. This was made by frederickarte, he made it.

[spoiler] http://www.ultraimg.com/images/2016/07/20/2000Pitoid-0.png [/spoiler]

Grimlock

Congrats to frederickarte for the release.  :cool:

I made something like that in Metedit also before Editroid was made.  Metedit was pretty limited and really required some perseverance to complete a hack.  If this is a full hack minus the graphics then that's a big accomplishment as far as Metedit NEStroid editing goes.

PonchGaming

Frederick Arte said: "To answer Grimlock's question, it is a full hack and yes it required a lot of perseverance. I believe it to be hard." Not sure if at the end he means the game is hard of it was hard to make cause bad english.

frederickarte

Hi, hope I'm ok with the rules: For those who are interested in following about this hack, a flawless version is available below:
(I felt sorry when I discovered few flaws with the file shared here when I saw Youtuber ShyGuyExpress played 3h of it, it was supposed to be perfect. Maybe 16 years on the shelf and blocks moved around  :eyeroll: )

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,22523.0.html

Someone else is also working on new kind of visual effects including actual title. Will be available soon I hope.

Thank you and we'll make sure we update info on metroidconstruction.  :^_^: