News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weterr123

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 08, 2012, 07:04:34 AM

as for that map glitch, RPG Hacker fixed it

Awesome. The ips I downloaded was from the hacks page here, around 6 weeks ago. Has that one been updated? Just so that I can play through again without that map annoying me :)

Cheers :)

A_red_monk_called_Key

it wont take long to finish 0.4

SM Ph 0.5 will have music and dark samus will float instead of running. then SM phazon beta will just be fixes of 0.5. then all my goals for this hack will be done(SM Phazon will be fixes of beta)

Weterr123

Seems like you have it all mapped out!! Floating instead of running?! That's definetely a cool concept I can't wait to see!

Qactis

Does this involve her rocketing in directions instead of jumping then?

lgdz

Will the newer version include custom sprites for her crystal flash animations?

And I believe the floating/hovering will just replace her normal running animations. I don't think the jumping will be affected.

Corruptor

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 08, 2012, 11:33:58 AM
it wont take long to finish 0.4

SM Ph 0.5 will have music and dark samus will float instead of running. then SM phazon beta will just be fixes of 0.5. then all my goals for this hack will be done(SM Phazon will be fixes of beta)
I'm certain that Dark samus floating will look funny. Can't to play this still.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i'm going to cut each body part at many angles in photoshop then paste them together into new animations. i'll post the peaces so someone else can use them someday. as for jumping, for some reason the center of samus drops into the ground on 1st or 2nd anima. so jumping will take some time to get right, but i plan to have it look as if she floats away.

lgdz

Another small thing. In the room where you fight Ridley, if you happen to defeat him(which I did), the 2nd door will unlock. You can open it but there's just a wall behind it. Is there any significance in it?

Edit: I read it was a placement error. Nevermind.

So I just beat the game with 99%... Darn Phazon Particles, there's no way I'm going to find those last few...

Edit 2: Turns out I was missing one particle in Omni Drift, and one in Crago-something-or-other. Dang, this reward is awesome.  :whoa:

RPG Hacker

Ah yeah, as for the bug fixes I sent you: I don't think I actually sent you the map table creator, did I? It's a tool that creates the tables for the second bug fix based on the map data in the ROM. You'll need it if you're going to edit the map. I think the version you should currently have is a buggy one, anyways. I think I have a more up-to-date version here.

Also I still wanted to look into the map borders a little bit. As you know the first bug fix (fixed map borders in Terrafuse) causes some weird behaviour when entering the map screen there. Also I think a few other areas in the game might also have broken map borders, so I'll look into each area. I'll send you the updated version of the fix once I'm done.

Steyiak

Any chance you will be releasing that map fix before the actual 0.4 release like you did with the previous map glitch?
Also, sorry if it has been mentioned a billion times but what are Phazon Particles good for?

lgdz

Getting Phazon Particles increases the rate at which you're healed when you touch those blue orb things.

Get all the Phazon Particles and you get a prize.

Corruptor

Quote from: lgdz on September 14, 2012, 04:25:40 PM
Getting Phazon Particles increases the rate at which you're healed when you touch those blue orb things.

Get all the Phazon Particles and you get a prize.
I've never gotten it, but I've heard it's a very delicious prize indeed.

Steyiak

Is there a way to know where they are or do I just have to search everywhere? Also, is there a way to know how many are remaining?

Zhs2

Danidub's map shows the locations of both the phazon particles and the small rooms containing boards that light up corresponding to the phazon particles you've collected. Good hunting!

lgdz

So... any chance you'll add in a way to restart spinjump mid-jumping? And a bunch of other different control gimmicks not seen in the original Super Metroid?

The game itself looks totally original, but the controls are practically the same. That's why I'm asking.

A_red_monk_called_Key

sorry i'm not going to change any thing like that.

RPG Hacker

It would be kinda useful, though. Especially with the Ridley fight, which in my opinion is kinda broken the way it is.

Weterr123

I personally don't like any physics/gameplay changes other than the restart spinjump which is just glorious. If you were to make any changes like that (even though you said you won't), the spinjump should be the one, I'm sure a lot of people would back that one. But there's nothing wrong with original controls and physics anyway, and given that practically EVERYTHING else is changed in this hack, I guess it's good that something connected to the original remains.

Very much anticipating 0.4, keep it up dude!!

Quietus

The thing about adding in physics changes is that it's very subjective.  Some people love them, and others hate them.  Also, while the somersault restart thing may be useful, it also completely breaks some hacks, especially when you start looking at things like wall-jumping and Screw Attack.

snipereighteen

I'm not sure if this has been mention, but how about the crash when you access the status screen? When I played 0.3, I wanted to see the status screen for myself because it's frickin' awesome!  :^_^:

lgdz

Use ZSNES, that's all I use and I never experienced this status menu crash people keep mentioning.

Yuki

I have that issue as well, when I attempt to pause the game on Snesoid

RPG Hacker

Quote from: lgdz on September 18, 2012, 02:35:33 PM
Use ZSNES, that's all I use and I never experienced this status menu crash people keep mentioning.

But since ZSNES is actually a very inaccurate emulator that's isn't much of an argument. Chances are that a game that works in ZSNES doesn't work on real hardware.

However, I actually played the game in BSNES and can't remember it crashing on the status screen. At least the map screen worked fine. I know this because I used BSNES debugger to fix a bug on the map screen. And since BSNES is the most accurate SNES emulator currently out there the crash probably isn't caused by the game itself.

EDIT:
Just checked again and the Dark Samus screen also works fine in BSNES.

Quote58

I've played 0.3 in zsnes, snes9x, various android emulaters, and the psp version of snes9x, and I've never come accross this problem.

Zhs2

Quote from: snipereighteen
I'm not sure if this has been mention, but how about the crash when you access the status screen? When I played 0.3, I wanted to see the status screen for myself because it's frickin' awesome!  :^_^:

This got fixed a while ago. Download the patch again.

EDIT: I cleaned up the PSP posts into the new thread.