News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

Perma-stuck.
There's a metal door below me so I can't go back. no enemies to fight so I can't get anymore missiles.
great. (.jpg courtesy of my psp.)

Edit: alright, I got out, which is great, except;
There's an eye door below, another closed missile gate on the other side, and all of the enemies in-between only drop 5 energy drops, no missiles. This probably wouldn't be an issue if all of the enemies around here didn't take 5 super missiles to kill...

Yeah if you don't have wave beam to kill the space pirates in the prior shaft, it's over. You're stuck.

Eletromem

Google translation
Was playing and falls in a place that has no way out.

(I can not post links)

RealRed

Yeah Electromem, that's the same place where I got stuck.
I wasn't feeling determined after that, so I just quit. You're gonna have to load a save/savestate and eat the loss of progress. Sorry!

SlyPork

Yeah I got stuck there too my first time playing it. I just had to reload my last game. By the way, if you have anymore questions regarding the hack, I recommend going here :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

I got stuck there three times. Just be more careful in that room.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Total Corruption is Coming the Planet Phazze.

SM Phazon 0.4 is on the way, w/dark world.

I was sick of working on this hack until I decided to bring it in to the Alternate M Universe. Phazon has been ripped apart and put into a large .asm file so it would work with Alternate M episode Zebes' massive .asm.  This means at this time SM Phazon 0.4 has 15 types of doors, and more types of new PLMs.[not all doors are being used at the moment]

no more editing borders too work around, so there will some GFX improvements.

[(as for Alt. M) I'm sorry it has tobe perfect so I have redone GFX sets at a minimum of 3 times. and MPE is now a part of my new SR388 hack]

ixMarcel

I picked up Phazon 0.3 couple of days ago, played for about 4 hours, had much fun, then got stuck. i didn't pick up "Red Phazon Suit" early, and now I can't go to the Phazon Mine coz lava.

Well I'm about to play it again from start, beacuse I love this hack (or are You going to release 0.4 in a month XD?).

Retroo

Its always nice to see you around red_monk, your stuff is really interesting.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: RetroKnuckles on May 11, 2015, 08:05:00 PM
Its always nice to see you around red_monk, your stuff is really interesting.

I wish i could like your post c:
I totally agree though and i can't wait for 0.4 to come out and the other fun stuff he has planned.. Nice to see Red Monkey on.

A_red_monk_called_Key

I just finished adding texture to all the ground GFX(filler, and filler addons/offset) a new CRE has been created with many new PLMs (like Door stations, dark world portal, multi missile doors) the grapple doors were cut and replaced with a color door and station.

all that is left too do is a small bit of code, and the dark world. and more testing than ever needed before.

Phazon 0.3 was large, Phazon 0.4 is near never ending!(will maybe not that much, but you get the picture)

altoiddealer

That update was a joy to read!  :bounce:

I'm very excited to replay this hack with the new updates.

Steel Sparkle

Red that's astounding! Dammit Nintendo hire this guy! :3
Seriously though amazing job and i can't wait to let's play this hack Red. I hope you watch <3 and i look forward to it. :^_^:

A_red_monk_called_Key

Here is some pics for eye candy.

Super Metroid Phazon 0.4
[spoiler][/spoiler]

just for fun [SM Alt. M episode Zebes]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

That's some sexy eye candy.
I can't wait Red :3 Keep up the amazing work!  :yay:

VideoGeemer

It's been a while, has it not?

First of all, I'm sorry that RL has kept me so insanely busy for such a long time. But ... I have had some time to revisit SM hacking, and if possible I'd like to get Phazon Hack 0.2X finished quickly.

Since the last updates I've posted here (Numbers and HUD stuff, mainly), I've done a few things to the Phantoon area to encourage players to explore more if they don't have the Varia suit, as still in that version if you beat him without Varia you can't go back for it for a very long time indeed.

I'm still interested in getting the broken capsule save stations, if that's still on the table and if you still wanted to make a new one for 0.4. The capsule design and broken glass there are great, but if possible I would hope to keep the color scheme of the stations in 0.2. Otherwise, the ones you have in there are still pretty cool.

And since you asked if there was anything else that I wanted to use, would it be doable to get the "game over" screen from 0.3, where it asks if you want to resurrect Dark Samus? I can't find the way to do this myself on this site.

Also there is a save station that doesn't seem to work (the first one you encounter in the Phazon Mines hopefully before Phantoon), and I was wondering if this would be a quick enough fix or not.

Thanks! :)

VG

DeadSkullzJr

Wait wait wait. I actually thought this game died a long time ago. I have been waiting for this version 0.4 for quite awhile. i have played since version 0.2 (wish i still had the version to play again :(..) But now that i see that since 2013, its still alive :). For what i'm seeing so far i cannot wait for this spectacular hack! This hack plus Metaquarias's X Fusion hack i'm wanting to play so bad XD. Sucks nothing will be released any time soon :/. I pop in here every day to see any new kind of status :P just like i do with AM2R now that i think about it XD. All you hacking developers are pretty amazing at what you do. I don't know how you do this but i am giving an applause to you all for doing such a fantastic job. Keep it up guys :).

P.S. i tried to make my own hack, but i realized that maybe i'm not ready yet so i'm gonna leave the hacking expertise to you guys XD. Good luck

DeadSkullzJr

Hello all. today i have a question or two that i think might make the game awesome. One is are you guys implementing Menu Colored Samus UI from Bloodsonic? i love that ips patch. Also can you change the somersaulting speed and make it like Project Base. I love faster somersaulting when playing. It gives me the idea of how Zero Missions somersaulting speed was. Also could you change the morph ball? I didn't like how the one in patch v0.3 was. Could use a cooler design. Also i don't know if your changing beam fire rates but leave the spazer alone XD, or make it faster that works to but the beginner power beam needs to be a bit faster please. Dark beam is a bit to slow to so if possible could that get fixed to? Oh and you should make an ips patch for your suit palettes XD.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: DeadSkullzJr on August 07, 2015, 03:13:57 PM
Hello all. today i have a question or two that i think might make the game awesome.

I think Red Monkey has put a lot of thought into this hack, and has made design decisions that make it a unique experience. The palettes (which I agree are great), and graphics, the beam speeds (indeed that one is very slow; I usually turn it off for that reason, but I'll bet that was a deliberate design decision!) ... all add a specific character to it. I'd personally be hesitant to ask for so many specific things from someone else's masterpiece of a work.

All I'm trying to do with 0.2X is to implement a few of the added features/fixes of 0.3, not drastic gameplay changes. At first it was just because I wanted to see if I could bring them together, but RM offered to help with it as he had a similar idea himself.

But either way, it would be nice to see a version of 0.2 available again. From what I can tell, 0.4 will be a wonderful game that further develops on the changes made in 0.3, but will be pretty different from 0.2 (or 0.2X for that matter), and it would indeed be awesome for both to be available.

Quietus

You also need to be careful when you start adding in physics changes, as it can often break an intended sequence, no matter how fixed, and it could necessitate some level design changes, as jumps could no longer be as intended.

DeadSkullzJr

Sorry, i just thought maybe some of the features that I have seen on hacks would fit on this. You right. Well never mind then XD i don't want to screw something up so i'm gonna leave it alone lol.

Strokend

In Cragsolus, when you encounter the dark red door, you can shoot it once to turn it while, go back, return to the room, shoot it a second time, and it goes blue, allowing you through without exploring the Phazon Mines. Doing so will, of course, prevent you from getting the Varia suit, as you will be forced to fight Phantoon instead of being allowed back.

Edit: More worth mentioning is the fact that Light Crystals(?) seem to be immune to a charged dark shot, even though you need to shoot them with dark beams to break them.

A_red_monk_called_Key

So Much has changed so far there is no light and dark crystals, instead there are doors and you don't need the beam equipped just have it in your inventory. the GFX look is midway between 0.2 and 0.3

VideoGeemer send me a pm I lost touch with everything after the move.