News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Double Helix Help Topic

Started by FelixWright, December 20, 2015, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWright

When biospark's editor comes out, DH will be deprecated, but until then this is what we got and have to make do.

I use DH 1.0, DH 2.0 is too frustrating to use. For anyone actually using DH, use 1.0 if you come across it.

The reason why I posted this: There's no documentation on adding doors. Is there a way in DH that I can add doors? Dragging with right click doesn't do anything, although it does if you're editing scrolls.

biospark

From what I've heard, it's buggy and simply doesn't work. Unfortunately, adding new doors with a hex editor would involve moving the whole list of doors.

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on December 20, 2015, 06:47:57 PM
From what I've heard, it's buggy and simply doesn't work. Unfortunately, adding new doors with a hex editor would involve moving the whole list of doors.

It's a little buggy, but all I've been messing with is tiles and clipdata. All you've got to remember is not to use the clipboard on more than one "square", don't use the clipboard to copy level layers, and to "prioritize" whether you are editing clipdata or level data.

If you don't have both checkboxes set to what you're editing it doesn't really work.

In my "fucking around" ROM, I'm removing all the hatches just to see exactly what can be sequence broken and what events trigger without the past event.

I'd show you what I mean in the post, but metconst doesn't let me post PNG and I use a school computer that closes my connection to image hosting sites. Here's a ZIP tho.

2020 Edit: Embedded screenshots.

biospark

Just so you know, there are no sequence breaks. You'd be better off using the debug menu if you're just testing stuff.

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on December 20, 2015, 08:05:08 PM
Just so you know, there are no sequence breaks. You'd be better off using the debug menu if you're just testing stuff.

Just to confirm, that'd mean I can't go into Arachnus' room and "spawn" him without missiles, correct?

biospark

Quote from: FelixWright on December 20, 2015, 08:37:29 PM
Just to confirm, that'd mean I can't go into Arachnus' room and "spawn" him without missiles, correct?
I believe you can still spawn him as long as you don't have morph ball, but you won't be able to obtain morph ball.

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on December 20, 2015, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: FelixWright on December 20, 2015, 08:37:29 PM
I believe you can still spawn him as long as you don't have morph ball, but you won't be able to obtain morph ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IZBQYxrDCI

this was wonderful. I'm assuming this is what you meant by "I won't be able to obtain morphball?" Makes me wonder, would I obtain missiles instead? (assuming I had some other means to damage the coreX) That'd be a pretty sick way to obtain them

biospark

Quote from: FelixWright on December 20, 2015, 09:01:13 PM
this was wonderful. I'm assuming this is what you meant by "I won't be able to obtain morphball?" Makes me wonder, would I obtain missiles instead? (assuming I had some other means to damage the coreX) That'd be a pretty sick way to obtain them

You can only obtain the intended item, and only if the event variable has the correct value. Nothing else happens otherwise.

FelixWright

biospark, check your PMs, there's some good stuff