News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Whatever happened to Metroid SR388?

Started by Hellknight In Flames, December 07, 2015, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellknight In Flames

I've been out of the loop for a while. Did Von Ricter give up on it or something? I can't find anything on it.

Quietus

I don't think anybody has heard directly from Von Richter / ProjectLeaderGuy in a looong time. The project was still active back in 2008/2009, but word of it quickly disappeared again, and not much has been heard since, with most people assuming it's dead. I know that Infinity's End was working on it, so perhaps some light could be shed.

personitis

From a comment written by Infinity's End on the trailer video (linked below for reference):

Quote from: Metroid Database
Future viewers of this video: the game has been canceled and development will no longer continue.  I was one of the game's developers (Infinity's End).  No, the assets will not be released to the public.  No, the game will not be picked up again and completed by a new team.  It is dead.  Von quit working on it 6 years ago.  99% of this video is a lie - the "engine" was mostly just a series of Game Maker demos that were strung together to make it seem like a real game was there, but in fact, the actual level design had not even begun to be made.  About 2 years ago, the game was picked up by another team of people, one that I was trying to lead, and that lasted up until late last year (2013).  It was being designed in Scirra's Construct 2 engine.  Samus was completely remade (not the one in the video, this one far surpasses it) as well as all the enemies in the game.  Long story short, the other team members did not want to work on the game due to RL issues and other developmental problems.  (A lot of it has to do with volunteer-only work; passion only gets you so far when you're working on a game of such scope)  Sorry to disappoint you all.  If you have any further questions about the legitimacy of my claims, feel free to email me: infinitysend0 [at] gmail [dot] com.  I have also made a few posts about it over at AM2R's forums but you'll have to search around for it. The only suggestion I have is to please like this comment so it stays up top to allow future viewers to see it.
To clarify a bit: of the time of posting my message in this topic, this means it was about 3 years ago the second team picked up the project.

[spoiler=Metroid: SR388 Trailer Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-Sfw91A6A[/spoiler]

Lunaria

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, about that. I recall VR just spouting lies, garbage, and in general being a fucking tosspot. I would not hold any breath for this project what-so-ever. If you want a proper fangame that is making progress, just check out AM2R.

Though to be fair on VR, at this rate he could probably still win the race against aegis if he showed up!  :colonrightv:

FelixWright

I pulled this up a couple days ago thinking the same thing. Von's moved on to musical stuff (if you try vonrichter.net) (or his photobucket)

I've managed to snag what I can of what's been out there for six years if anyone's interested in a few photos

Physix

Quote from: FelixWright on December 15, 2015, 11:57:06 AM
I pulled this up a couple days ago thinking the same thing. Von's moved on to musical stuff (if you try vonrichter.net) (or his photobucket)

I've managed to snag what I can of what's been out there for six years if anyone's interested in a few photos

Whoa whoa whoa, you got photos? Where where where? Show show show?