News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - October 2015

Started by DSO, September 25, 2015, 01:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

DSO
4 (23.5%)
Vismund Cygnus
13 (76.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 01, 2015, 01:11:46 AM

DSO

Only a few days left for submissions and no one has posted - maybe it's been buried and forgotten because the other stuff that's going on?
Anyway, THE WRECKONING HAS BEGUN

Sadly I cannot capture the third layer in SMILE, so it appears backgroundless.

BUT CONTEST HYPE

[spoiler][/spoiler]

snarfblam

Why not add in some screenshots that show the presumably fearsome background?

Quote from: THE RULESMedia - You are allowed to submit up to 3 Native Size screenshots with your submission, I'll be rejecting anything bigger or smaller than 256x224, you do not have to submit any screen shots but this is for you to show off what FX effects or any enemy placements you may wish to highlight.

DSO

Quote from: snarfblam on September 25, 2015, 04:20:57 PM
Why not add in some screenshots that show the presumably fearsome background?

Quote from: THE RULESMedia - You are allowed to submit up to 3 Native Size screenshots with your submission, I'll be rejecting anything bigger or smaller than 256x224, you do not have to submit any screen shots but this is for you to show off what FX effects or any enemy placements you may wish to highlight.

I could've, but then I went and lost the room I built and now it only exists in that screenshot, lol. Maybe next fortnight?

siddhartha__

I'm thinking maybe DSO never had the room in the first place, and this is all just a power play...  :razz: nah. That room looks pretty cool, sad to hear it's gone now. Really like the chozo ball usage and the tiles under the gate.

Vismund Cygnus

This is going to roll over to the 30th, at which point I will post a room, wreck DSO, and the next installment will be room of the month.
So if you don't wanna see that, get submitting!

PKstarship

Grimlock should post a new room and devastate the competiton again :lol:

Vismund Cygnus

I WAS GOING TO DO ALL 4 SEASONS BUT TO ME AUTUMN IS JUST COLD SUMMER SO HERE YA GO
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The transition between the top and bottom is less jarring in-game:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Grimlock

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 27, 2015, 02:26:09 AM
This is going to roll over to the 30th.

Does that mean we have a couple bonus days to submit something devastatingly awesome???

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Grimlock on September 28, 2015, 12:58:55 AM
Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 27, 2015, 02:26:09 AM
This is going to roll over to the 30th.

Does that mean we have a couple bonus days to submit something devastatingly awesome???

YES

Vismund Cygnus

Grimlock won once again, with some sexy NEStroid:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Now, two combatants enter the arena, with one to be wrecked:
[spoiler=DSO][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vismund Cygnus]
[/spoiler]
Who will it be this time, Metconst?

PSA:
I am super disappointed guys. Only one of these entries was not me.
THEREFORE
This instalment of the Metroid Construction Room Making Competition will be one month long. That gives every single person making a hack for the A.N.T.I. Contest a chance to submit one of their rooms.
I SUGGEST THAT YOU ALL DO SO RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.

PonchGaming

Voted for you vismund. Your room has lotsa spaghetti! No wait, I meant colors.

Quietus

I went with Vismund for the lush palette, though it has been seen a few times now. Also, the different coloured skies look really odd.

FPzero

Hey I recognize some of those palettes Vismund.  :wink:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: FPzero on October 01, 2015, 09:13:08 PM
Hey I recognize one* of those palettes Vismund.  :wink:
Fixt that for ya. I promise I only lazily copied that orange sky palette directly from Volta.  :heheh:

FPzero

Well I thought I recognized the blue sky from Volta too. Maybe it's been too long though.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: FPzero on October 01, 2015, 09:59:05 PM
Well I thought I recognized the blue sky from Volta too. Maybe it's been too long though.
It is very similar, I admit. I originally ripped it from Volta to use in Sunshine, however it wasn't blue enough for me. So I made it a bit bluer and made the ground greener, and I've stuck with it since. This set uses the palette from Sunshine, so it should be a bit bluer than Volta. But yeah, I'm not so high and mighty that I can pretend to have done the orange part myself.  :^_^: