News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Restriction!

Started by sm cory, July 31, 2015, 05:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm cory

GAME TYPE:
Is now a full hack!!! I didn't expect this.

STORY:
[spoiler]
So Restriction is a planet that was officially ruled restricted by the galactic federation, Because of extremly dangerous and intelligent alien life that they encountered while exploring. Also while exploring they stumbled upon the Metroid. Witch has healing powers beyond modern medicine. Galactic federation stole the metroid from planet Restricted. But a Space pirate leader ascended and took vengeance on galactic federation's space station and took the Metroid back. Now Samus's mission is to retreive the metroid! - may change the story line, sound like the OG -[/spoiler]

PICS:
Restriction 1.0
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Restriction 1.1
[spoiler]
Re adjusting the whole games level designs!!! Adding event changes

[/spoiler]

Restriction 1.2
[spoiler]
After all my hard work I am remaking this hack again!!!
New GFX
mostly gfx from other hacks, with a few custom adjustments

[/spoiler]

sm cory

All finshed exept norfair, And the Maps

May need testers soon, im so excited :grin:

Tomtroid

An interesting hack to look forward to, but if the layout's going to be different, should the map also be different as well?

MetroidMst

I don't believe the layout is changing at all, sticking with a half-hack type of thing. Just making it look different, and obviously changing route options.

Scyzer

The pictures look very nice; you've definitely got some skill at building rooms for a newbie. The dark blue suit palette just doesn't look right at all though. It's too saturated IMO.

Random spoiler in your first post confused me. I assume it was meant to have the name of the hack in a spoiler, but why bother since you already put it in the title of the topic?

Jordan5

Seems like it should make for an interesting play, the room design looks good! A half hack that hasn't been made unnecessarily hard will be a nice change of pace :heheh:

sm cory

You guys know this hack is going to be trash lol just playin.

The only thing i am good at is room design. So today i desided to change the layout of everything :whoa: . i want it to look incredible.

First change is the Water level
Keep in mind it plays better then it looks  :heheh:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Quietus

I'm more curious as to the need for the acres of blank white space. :razz:

In case you didn't know, you can create screenshots of your room in SMILE by going to File > Special > Level to Bitmap, then converting in to .png in whatever art package you use. :^_^:

sm cory

are you kidding me lol it took me longer to figure out how to put pics up, then making a hack
lol thanks

Steel Sparkle

Nice work! I love the look of the rooms so far and the pallate choices. I can't wait to try this one. I'm excited too!

Jiffy

Why don't you try using the 22.5 Degree slopes in the Foreground too? It'll make your room look and play much better and smoother.
Nice work overall.

sm cory

Already changed the slopes!!! thanks. I was using the 2 layer for the behind samus effect.

RealRed

So, we get screw attack before leaving Ceres? Hell yeah, I'm in.

sm cory

lol I think it would be fun to have it, with no other item in the beginning.

begrimed

If you wanted to replace the screw attack item with something else:

8F6B8, 8F719, 8044B - change D0 to 80 = Enables screw attack without having the item collected.

sm cory

done with room design , All that's left is to fix things in every room =[ omg its a lot of things too! I will be grinding real hard for a while to release this hack a little quicker... I hope this is going to be a fun hack for all, I made it to where you destroy every thing in you path lol

begrimed

Looking forward to this. I'll help with testing and stuff once you're at that phase, if you want.

sm cory

I would not be making this hack if it wasn't for project base. So I most definitely hope u test.

MetroidMst

I'm excited to hear this is getting close to completion. I won't help with testing because reasons, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing another project completed!

sm cory

sorry guys! work is really getting to me. I've been extremely tired.

I'll tell you what I love hacking this game some much that when I'm working I think of new levels and designs the hole 12 hours a day. I get home and pass out right in the bed and forget it all :heheh:

ok so what I will say' I didn't think it would take this long but I'm going on a week vacation =] and hopefully I can push this hack out next month - for testing, then fix any bugs that are caught! Then done HAAAAA 

personitis

Quote from: sm cory on January 21, 2016, 09:54:53 PM
I'll tell you what I love hacking this game some much that when I'm working I think of new levels and designs the hole 12 hours a day. I get home and pass out right in the bed and forget it all :heheh:
Maybe you should carry a small notebook around with you, eh? :nod:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: personitis on January 22, 2016, 12:34:52 AM
Quote from: sm cory on January 21, 2016, 09:54:53 PM
Maybe you should carry a small notebook around with you, eh? :nod:
This is something anyone working on any sort of creative project will tell you. I myself have several books full of pages of ideas, concepts, thoughts, musings, anything that might be semi-interesting to take a look at. For the current project I'm working on, I have something like 100 pages just of notes on enemies, mechanics, concepts, all the groovy stuff.
You'll find that just by writing stuff down, you'll end up retaining most of it anyway. Plus it means you'll spend much less time thinking up the same things over and over again.  :heheh:

Steel Sparkle

Take as much time as you need Cory. We are patient folk and have no problems waiting for hacks to come out. Anyways i trust now that Cory is in the (metroid) house it will come out fine as he works on it. Good luck Cory.

sm cory

Yes I have mad a choice to make a hack with new features and puzzles. It's starting to get more complex now adays . So I'm going to get with the times and learn as much editing as possible. I have a few new small thing already done. Working on bigger things like that new save station! And new landing sites so u can transport to other areas. All new boss battles with the same bosses lol. And also changing the hack to custom gfx. So lots of new work sorry for the Lil bit of hype I had.

sm cory

Haha  :heheh: just bought a house, progress will be slow for a few weeks, but when I'm settled in. Holey shit I will be hacking up a storm  :bounce: The First Thing I WILL Try Is RIPING This One Gfx that ive been looking at From DONKY COUNG CUNTRY That I Think Fits Very Well IN To metroid