News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hyper Metroid

Started by RealRed, April 17, 2015, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Man, those default controls...

They're exactly as I have them.  Yay! :cheers:

Quietus

Quote from: maxipower on April 18, 2015, 07:32:06 PM
Stuck on Golden Torizo, only have 4 energy tanks....
From the readme:
QuoteDon't feel obligated to defeat Gold Torizo: You're probably not supposed to fight him yet.

docjock

About 3 hours in and just got Varia. Absolutely fantastic thus far. I'm purposefully not trying to sequence break via IBJ etc. and everything flows so well; got stumped for about 30 minutes but the solution was pretty clear after a bit of exploration.

maxipower

Quote from: Quietus on April 18, 2015, 07:36:02 PM
Quote from: maxipower on April 18, 2015, 07:32:06 PM
Stuck on Golden Torizo, only have 4 energy tanks....
From the readme:
QuoteDon't feel obligated to defeat Gold Torizo: You're probably not supposed to fight him yet.

Beat him, easy enough, you can abuse using the space jump, he cant hit you, well he can but thats just if he jumps into you, exploit that along with farming energy of him and I got past him. Yea I dont think I was supposed to be there yet, theres a power bomb door blocking my path.

Rothlenar

I found an Easter egg!  :grin:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RealRed

FOUND! SO QUICKLY! AH!

Nbzy5

I'm having trouble with the VERY beginning...  When I leave the room where the first encounter with Ridley takes place, it's very buggy, and I cannot even see myself...
I've tried both the headered & unheadered, with the same result...  :P Any possible causes?  Lol

Smiley

5:01, 84%

Hack of the year. I have nothing else to say.

Well, I did have trouble finding power bombs, but that was just due to my own stupidity.

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Nbzy5 on April 18, 2015, 09:20:39 PM
I'm having trouble with the VERY beginning...  When I leave the room where the first encounter with Ridley takes place, it's very buggy, and I cannot even see myself...
I've tried both the headered & unheadered, with the same result...  :P Any possible causes?  Lol
[spoiler]Try running to the left.[/spoiler]

Snowflame

[spoiler]Where do you find super missiles?  You need them to open a door to get to Kraid.  I got the high jump boots and I've been wandering around for over an hour trying to figure out what to do.    [/spoiler]

MetroidMst

5:19
89%

Will be going back to find the rest of the items at some point. Definitely recommend picking it up and playing it if you haven't already.

dstryr712

Quote from: Snowflame on April 18, 2015, 09:45:43 PM
Where do you find super missiles?  You need them to open a door to get to Kraid.  I got the high jump boots and I've been wandering around for over an hour trying to figure out what to do.   

[spoiler]same here. Just found a passage about the save point room below Kraid, but it's apparently one way from the top. Any other thoughts? [/spoiler]

Snowflame

[spoiler]same here. Just found a passage about the save point room below Kraid, but it's apparently one way from the top. Any other thoughts? [/spoiler]

[spoiler]People earlier in the thread were mentioning that they were able to beat Phantoon before beating Kraid.  I'm not sure how you'd be able to get into the Wrecked Ship without the speed booster, space jump or gravity suit.  [/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Super missiles:

After obtaining high jump and wave I went to [spoiler]wrecked ship, didn't need anything special to get there[/spoiler]

There I beat [spoiler]phantoon[/spoiler], next obtained [spoiler]varia[/spoiler]

And got my first pack of super missiles in [spoiler]Norfair[/spoiler]

dstryr712

[spoiler]I couldn't get into the wrecked ship. I made it to the path above right of start point, but i couldnt find platforms to hop across the water, I end up creeping along the bottom. Should I have the gravity suit by now? What area would it be in?[/spoiler]

Thanks for the quick reply!

Digital_Mantra

1:10 is my best time yet, I was literally 1 or 2 seconds over a 1:09.  :bounce:

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: dstryr712 on April 18, 2015, 11:01:52 PM
[spoiler]I couldn't get into the wrecked ship. I made it to the path above right of start point, but i couldnt find platforms to hop across the water, I end up creeping along the bottom. Should I have the gravity suit by now? What area would it be in?[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Get high-jump after spore-spawn. There are platforms, you just have to sprint and jump. [/spoiler]

dstryr712

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on April 18, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: dstryr712 on April 18, 2015, 11:01:52 PM
[spoiler] Get high-jump after spore-spawn. There are platforms, you just have to sprint and jump. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Thanks for the reply! Well, I guess my problem is that I didn't get the speed booster yet. There are a couple platforms I couldn't reach throughout Brinstar and Crateria... Can you point me towards it, please?

Has anyone seen the room where on the wall, it's a picture of samus standing facing left, and to her right, it says A + B (the letters have circles around them, I'm thinking the A and B buttons... )
[/spoiler]

Snowflame

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on April 18, 2015, 10:56:54 PM
Super missiles:

After obtaining high jump and wave I went to [spoiler]wrecked ship, didn't need anything special to get there[/spoiler]

There I beat [spoiler]phantoon[/spoiler], next obtained [spoiler]varia[/spoiler]

And got my first pack of super missiles in [spoiler]Norfair[/spoiler]

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize you could dash and hi jump across those platforms to get into the wrecked ship.

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: dstryr712 on April 18, 2015, 11:19:14 PM
[spoiler]Thanks for the reply! Well, I guess my problem is that I didn't get the speed booster yet. There are a couple platforms I couldn't reach throughout Brinstar and Crateria... Can you point me towards it, please?

Has anyone seen the room where on the wall, it's a picture of samus standing facing left, and to her right, it says A + B (the letters have circles around them, I'm thinking the A and B buttons... )
[/spoiler]
[spoiler] You don't need speed booster, hold the run button and jump. Should be a platform on the left side of the room above water that you need to run and jump off of. Crouch and hold whatever button you hold to run, then press jump. Samus will do a back flip. 

personitis

10:17:18, 99%. Could've finished sometime around 6:30-7:00 with 80%-ish but I spent so much time collecting items looking for Speed Booster, Power Bombs, and collecting other things while looking for them. I'm refusing to finish without 100%. :stern:

biospark

Am I stuck?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

RealRed

[spoiler=Biospark,]No. Use your new weapon. It must do something...[/spoiler]

Tomtroid

I enjoyed playing this hack. I didn't quite get 100%, but I had a lot of fun exploring the new Zebes. I'll see if I can find that Easter Egg sometime.

dstryr712

[spoiler]There's nothing I can do that speeds up Samus to even get close to the next platform to the right of this jump-off point. Is there another entry to the wrecked ship or is this the one? What is the default run button? None of them seem to speed up my dashing.[/spoiler]