News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Ending Statistics

Started by Drewseph, April 13, 2015, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewseph

This patch will track a series of statistics reflecting the player's behavior during the game.  Have not tested this fully, so let me know if it breaks something along the way.

This tracks:
-Distance Traveled
-Damage taken
-Enemies killed
-Shots fired
-Doors Traversed

(image is a mockup and not an acurate representation of numbers)

This can be applied to Vanilla SM and any Hacks that DO NOT use space at:
80D000 - 80D014
A0F7E0 - A0F7E4
82F710 - 82FC60
8BF7B0 - 8BFC92
81B2CB - 81B35F

Lunaria

Does this patch change or interact anything in relation to the standard item % count?

Drewseph

No it doesn't.  you can see the ending % in the pic.

Zzanitari

Nice work Drewseph, could you make one that counts how many Metroids one has killed ? (My hack has a lot of Metroids)

Drewseph

No, but you can. Here's the code

dex909

I am sorry to resurrect this older topic, but is it possible to make this work with Project Base (the palette changed version etc. which also uses some assembler tricks)?

So far I tried everything I could think of like applying this patch to different versions of Project Base, cutting parts out, mix and match, applying the pure asm patch you posted, trying to change addresses - I am all out of ideas.

These statistics are truly amazing and would actually perfect every other hack out there. It is a feast for any speedrunner and even adds a kind of replay value - a must have asset in my opinion. So, did any of you have any luck applying this to Project Base or knows what to change in the asm patch to make it work with Project Base?

Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: Are these statistics saved to the battery save as well?

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: dex909 on February 07, 2016, 03:06:24 PM
I am sorry to resurrect this older topic, but is it possible to make this work with Project Base (the palette changed version etc. which also uses some assembler tricks)?
Quote from: Drewseph on April 13, 2015, 05:05:19 PM
This can be applied to Vanilla SM and any Hacks that DO NOT use space at:
80D000 - 80D014
A0F7E0 - A0F7E4
82F710 - 82FC60
8BF7B0 - 8BFC92
81B2CB - 81B35F
Presumably, Project Base uses space in one of these locations. Probably more. I'm not entirely sure if any of the data from this patch is required in those locations to make it work. If not, you should fairly easily be able to apply it to Project Base just by using that there ASM patch to point to different free space.

dex909

At first, thanks for taking the time to help! :) I was in the #metconst channel and with some help I could find out that org $82F710 (in that asm file) has to be changed. But I do not know the correct values yet (my last try did not really work). How can I find out where to point this?