News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2015 - Archives

Started by snarfblam, February 26, 2014, 05:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Red, what you're working on truly does seem like the hack nobody knew they wanted. :whoa:

RealRed

Yer damn right. Now, someone else post! Please! WHO WILL CHALLENGE ME?

passarbye

been a while, eh?
[spoiler=It's big][/spoiler]
edit: updated before voting period because changes

Jiffy

[spoiler][/spoiler]
So I felt like making a room today, for the first time in a while.

Grimlock

M1 - 8-Bit Cave action, purple acid water, WITH spiky ceiling.....  You guys should just quit now, delete your images, smash your hard drives and take up knitting...    :grin:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Uh-oh, how long before Crys sees Passerbye's .bmp? :grin:

passarbye

Quote from: Quietus on March 10, 2015, 07:11:29 PM
Uh-oh, how long before Crys sees Passerbye's .bmp? :grin:
i don't even  :pwuh:
fixed.  :heheh:

Quietus

Passerbye for me this week, mainly because I liked the palette.  Just be careful with the platforms, and try to vary them a little more.  The same applies with the filler at the top.  You seem to have done it at the bottom, then left the top untouched. :^_^:

Alisa Orlova

I dare guess, what the draw a one new tile it's not a big problem for you. I think this tile set needs have this "slope". And of course my vote for you mr. "i can easily f**k the rules if i want". NIce work actually.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

The top one doesn't look as bad, but the bottom two are fairly obvious.

DSO

I didn't want to steal RealRed's thunder last week.
NO MERCY NOAW

Technically still a triumph for him as he drew these gfx

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lunaria

That screams for ice physics on those ice patches. Someone should made ice physics BTSs! :P

Quietus

...while fighting Serris underwater in a high gravity environment.  That'll be super fun. :neutral:

Parabox

Quote from: DSO on March 15, 2015, 08:11:20 PM
submission
Man this looks like some Sonic 3-ass stuff right here, Flying Battery began playing in my mind straight away.

Quietus

I've gone with DSO this week, just 'cause my gut says so.  It's something new, I guess. :^_^:

Lunaria

My last room of the week vote goes towards sexy ice.

snarfblam

Not only is DSO's room supremely sexy, but it's also quite unique. I like the juxtaposition of the natural and mechanical, and the way the background completes the look. Bonus points if there's some sort of spiffy parallax happening with the background.

Black Falcon

DSO:
Unless you've got some snazzy things going on with it, the detailed bg really clashes with the crateria tiles, as it kinda ruins the depth.
Other than that, great job! Absolutely love this tileset!

Retronuckles:
I've seen this tileset being used that way more than once already and yours isn't any different.
Try submitting stuff that takes longer than just half an hour to make.

Well, I can't wait for the new RotM contest format, because damn this week's winner is way too obvious.

Retroo

yeah i kinda had to do something fast so that there would not be only 1 room this week

SlyPork

Quote from: retroknuckles on March 18, 2015, 10:50:05 AM
yeah i kinda had to do something fast so that there would not be only 1 room this week

Which is exactly why RotM is coming! :D

Retroo

Quote from: SlyPork on March 18, 2015, 03:20:47 PM

Yes! ;D

Grimlock

Quote from: SlyPork on March 18, 2015, 03:20:47 PM

I think BOB might have had a little (smidgen?) to do with triggering the conversation that lead to ROTM.  Plus I think all the death threats he was sending out to all the people bad mouthing M1 may have contributed to the lack of submissions (or maybe it was the broken knee caps he gave to winners who managed to somehow (I don't know how) beat my previous M1 ROTW submissions)?