News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

How to not make Super Metroid palettes

Started by Qactis, July 23, 2012, 12:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullOfFail

I kinda like the snow one :D

But yeah, there's better ways to get the winter atmosphere without making it that extreme.

Quote58

lol at there being bright vibrant grass in with the snow and ice.

Baconface

The brown Old Brinstar isn't that eye-burning in my opinion...but I do agree that the rest is pretty bad. I might even go as far as to say that it's worse than Red Crateria, and Red Crateria is awful.

MATHGODpi

The morphing ball room doesn't look all that bad...

Zhs2

I'm just going to leave this here...

[spoiler=Hack Information]This is an old hack put together by Bloodsonic that was possibly inspired by Super Metroid Derpevation and definitely lovingly named after the SMB2 hack known as Dismar (Disco Mario). If you're a veteran, chances are you'll realize just how accurate this is when it comes to the facets of terrible palettes, shoddy level design, and ugly scenery that most noob hacks cooked up back in the day. If you're a newcomer, enjoy the colors! It used to be headered, but I tore that shit off and threw it into the garbage can with the rest of the noob hacks (Read: Unheadered.) I can't believe this is the first time anyone is seeing this...

Also of note is that this hack is totally beatable. I'm not sure if there are extra E-Tanks to be found, but Mother Brain is pretty tough with the default energy, so see if you can hunt up an expansion to that...[/spoiler]

Qactis

omg i remember disco mario! :O the horrors.... that and ass climbers, as well as dick dug and satanic freak bros.. Good times man

MATHGODpi

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 23, 2012, 04:03:44 AM
I'm just going to leave this here...

[spoiler=Hack Information]This is an old hack put together by Bloodsonic that was possibly inspired by Super Metroid Derpevation and definitely lovingly named after the SMB2 hack known as Dismar (Disco Mario). If you're a veteran, chances are you'll realize just how accurate this is when it comes to the facets of terrible palettes, shoddy level design, and ugly scenery that most noob hacks cooked up back in the day. If you're a newcomer, enjoy the colors! It used to be headered, but I tore that shit off and threw it into the garbage can with the rest of the noob hacks (Read: Unheadered.) I can't believe this is the first time anyone is seeing this...

Also of note is that this hack is totally beatable. I'm not sure if there are extra E-Tanks to be found, but Mother Brain is pretty tough with the default energy, so see if you can hunt up an expansion to that...[/spoiler]
Completed the hack at the expense of a significant percentage of my eyesight...

Thankfully he leaves the path open to go to the lower world for more etanks and varia... not sure how MB could be beaten without them...