News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

My monster concept art

Started by Damski, June 09, 2012, 04:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damski

I am doing jrpg game and its going to be 2.5D. I started first designing monster concept art and I want to know your honest opinion about my enemies. Do they have any pontential?  Story and etc, are still in progress. I'm trying to find more team member for my game.

Bat

Dragon rabbit.

Snowmonkey

Octo-wiz

Ghost helper . Wip

This is a new helper character. He is a ghost who helps a player to lead the way with his lamp in dark caves.

Smiley

Hienolta näyttää! :^_^: --- Looking good! :^_^:
Bat looks like some kind of a mix of Golbat and Growlithe. Looks like it's tripping too... :lol:
And that dragon rabbit gave me inspiration for yet another power-up for Counter Bunny, but don't worry, I'm not going to plagiarize

Parabox

Looks like you drew quite some inspiration from Pokemon, Zelda and the Mana series.

Lunaria

Yeah these enemy designs looks really good.

Quietus

Excellent work, and I usually love JRPGs too, so I'll keep my eyes on this project. :^_^:

ProjectXVIII

Really loving that ghost helper thing, it reminds me of the Punies from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Octo-wiz is pretty badass too.

Damski

Thank you guys very much! Lol I have no idea about those Punies but somehow they looks like a Ghost helper.

Silver Skree

These really are awesome. I hope you'll post more; I can't wait to see them.

The 'drabbit' in particular really does look like some cross between somethings out of a seiken densetsu and a pokemon game.

Damski

Quote from: Silver Skree on June 09, 2012, 09:05:53 PM
These really are awesome. I hope you'll post more; I can't wait to see them.

The 'drabbit' in particular really does look like some cross between somethings out of a seiken densetsu and a pokemon game.

:=) Thank you. I post them when I finish them. Next one is going to be a Imp.

passarbye

these are awesome!
i will be following this project and can't wait to see more content!
LOVE the art style too  :grin:

Damski

Thank you pass! Here is the new one.. Imp

Lunaria

mmm yes, you do give your creations a whole bunch of character while keeping the detail simple. This is the perfect thing for a game if I may say so myself.

And dare I say, the artwork itself is very nicely drawn.

Quietus

What Crys said. :^_^:

They remind me a lot of some of the enemies from Dragon Quest, which have always been colourful and full of character.

Damski

Thank you guys :) Here is new bat desing..

Quietus

I much prefer the old one.  It's the super cute cartoon style that sucked me in. :neutral:

passarbye

i like both versions, however the old one is better. :)

Silver Skree

I agree that the old one looks better as a portrait (the thicker outlines and smoother coloring made it easy on the eyes), but that new one certainly has greater detail. If you're thinking about scaling-down your monster portraits to use them as static sprites or something, the newer one would definitely lend itself to that better.

Damski

Thank you guys very much! I'm trying now find a new and very unique style.. so my style may change some times :D. Here is cactus spider that I saw in my weird dream. I thought that it is well suited to my game and I tried to draw the same monster what I saw in my dream. He is one of  desert area boss.

So here is Wip sketch.

Quietus

Haha, I love it. :yay:

It reminds me of the talking cactus from the Mana games.

passarbye

very cool.
desert themed enemies and areas are always some of the best.  :^_^:

Damski

Thank you guys  :^_^: Here is final.

Quietus

Yeah, he's now my favourite of those you've shown, followed closely by the original bat.  Keep 'em coming! :^_^:

passarbye

Quote from: Quietus on June 23, 2012, 07:02:21 PM
Yeah, he's now my favourite of those you've shown, followed closely by the original bat.  Keep 'em coming! :^_^:

Damski

Thank you guys. Here is new Wip monster. Imp that carry the bazooka on his back and it is his weapon. He also has a MASK protect his face when he shoots with a bazooka.

Quietus

Looks cool, again.  Any progress on the design of the game itself?  Any ideas as to which game it will play like?