News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Hehe, it reminds me of everybody's first room ever.  Open SMILE, open landing site, edit tiles. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Well, we've all gotta start somewhere. ;)

SirAileron

Haha, you're already headed somewhere. A lot better than the first version of that room you showed a little while back.

Cloud20

Yop

I'm just posting this, because it's funny, a progress for combustion patch using Hyper Beam

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

A small suggestion for you, Cloud: If you shrank the width of each letter 'O' (it'd be three pixels wide like the 'I'), you could then change 'IMMERSIVE SUIT' to 'IMMERSION SUIT', with the thin 'O', and you should be able to avoid having the edge of the 'T' at the end touching the border. :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

Yeah, you could also reduce the size of your Es by 1 pixel in 'immersive suit' to create more space and still having it look good.

Cloud20

Thanks for suggests guys.

Also I will stiil call that "immersive" because it is an adjective... like "sanitary".

Black Falcon

I've got good news, and bad news:

[spoiler=Good news]
Two videos, both from a hack that was going to be submitted to MetCloud minihack contest:

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrrrBxVK-oM&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ai1PLbkBug&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]
I tried altering the physics a bit, but the rooms in the second video were built for default gravity, hence the failing at trying to pull off a diagonal bomb jump at the end...

[spoiler=Bad news]
These represent the entire progress so far, except for the landing site.
There's nothing more to come atm, 'cause I ran out of ideas for this hack...
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

passarbye

Quote from: Black Falcon on May 12, 2013, 04:44:09 PM
These represent the entire progress so far, except for the landing site.
There's nothing more to come atm, 'cause I ran out of ideas for this hack...
still looks great though. i like all the custom gfx

Metaquarius

I've got TWO good news :
- I have successfully managed to flip Kraid around !
- I share the flipped kraid patch to the community !

Check out details and download the patch in the Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt thread ! :bounce:
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,145.msg31978.html#msg31978

Parabox

Awesome work, man. I think a mirrored Super Metroid would be pretty interesting, at the very least for TASers.

Quietus

I expect the TASers would likely just run a small program that replaced all inputs to the left and right with the opposite direction in the .bkm file, since all of the moves would be the same.

Great work, Metaquarius.  I did notice, however, that the spikes still disappear from the left-hand side.  I'm sure if you're capable of flipping Kraid, you can fix that too. :^_^:

Zhs2

Next you're going to tell me that the music that started playing when Kraid entered from the ground is now in Super Metroid too! :heheh:

Digital_Mantra

Now all we need is Mother Brain reversed and a super metroid mirror hack is possible.
Funny to think that if it were originally reversed, we'd all be blown away at the version we've grown up with now.

Parabox

[spoiler=Quietus quote]
Quote from: Quietus on May 17, 2013, 05:20:03 PM
I expect the TASers would likely just run a small program that replaced all inputs to the left and right with the opposite direction in the .bkm file, since all of the moves would be the same.

Great work, Metaquarius.  I did notice, however, that the spikes still disappear from the left-hand side.  I'm sure if you're capable of flipping Kraid, you can fix that too. :^_^:
[/spoiler]
Don't they have to account for the green gate glitch being all flipped?

Quietus

That's likely true, since it can only be done from the right-hand side, it'd enable them to head straight into Maridia from the Red Brinstar shaft, which is all that currently holds them back from a big decrease in completion time.

Metaquarius

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 17, 2013, 05:48:03 PM
Next you're going to tell me that the music that started playing when Kraid entered from the ground is now in Super Metroid too! :heheh:
:lol!:

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 17, 2013, 06:20:18 PM
Now all we need is Mother Brain reversed and a super metroid mirror hack is possible.
Mother Brain reversed in SM ? Is that even possible ? :bounce:

Lunaria

Quote from: Metaquarius on May 17, 2013, 04:04:24 PM
I've got TWO good news :
- I have successfully managed to flip Kraid around !
- I share the flipped kraid patch to the community !
Maybe you could make a kraid editor so people can mess with everything you figured out around the boss?

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Black Falcon

Yes, you're right, the issue has been fixed shortly after I released this video.
Also it already has proper slope reflection now.
It doesn't really look that stupid anymore.  :^_^:

Cloud20

Hey peoplez :)

I just wanted to say that Darkholme is still progressing, I'm working actually on some alternatives paths and secrets rooms of Spy Mode keypatch :D
But it didn't prevent me from thinking about the sequel of this adventure. Well this following "overhaul" hack will be started around 2014 or 2015, and will be named Equinox.

The storyline involves a double-sided planet, I can't tell more. This is an idea of areas planned :

[spoiler][/spoiler]

PS : sorry for the poor quality of the picture

Quietus

Zhs2

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix*stuff*
Man, you're quite determined to bring up three-year-old stuff, aren't you?

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Zhs2

Aside from the fact that "man" is not a term of endearment but instead an interjection, it would logically be best to send the member(s) in question a private message - both so you don't bump random and possibly unrelated or too-general topics while bringing up old problems people have since capitalized on or completely forgotten about and thus get called out on for doing so, and so that the member(s) in question don't end up missing a completely innocuous post in a random and possibly unrelated or too-general topic which would render your post counter-productive. In the latter case, you got lucky this time.