News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazar

The darker BG is great for the first pic, but, as you said, not so great in the second pic.  I would go with the undarkened BG for the second pic.

personitis

The darkened FX looks pretty good. The lighter FX didn't look so bad either.

DSO

Other than the general coding stuff that's going to get public release, my hack projects have been dead.

This is the first sign of life in far too long.

GF_Kennon

Damn, gota love them wacky transparency's, anyway i like what im seeing, i just do, though i can here a certain few peeps yelling there getting eye rape. <.<  >.>

squishy_ichigo

metroid battle wip

metroid chase

yes yes... you may shower me with praise now!
* squishy_ichigo gets hit by giant trouts raining down on him

GF_Kennon

This took me a while to even get to and its 2am now, so when i finally got to the pallet, i imported the one from the suit, rather than make it custom.

it is now, 2:10am, and im tired, ill work on the GFX and Pallet tomorrow i guess.

personitis

Squisy's vids + GF's pallet change = hot stuff

Big Gay Cell

Lol@ squish's first video.  Kept getting stuck on the frozen metroids.

Nu Zalem

Here are some more tiles I redrew Friday night and the majority of Saturday (I hate doing chores...). Feedback will be appreciated.

Redrawn crumble block:

Redrawn item placer (I guess that's what it's called..it's the tile under the super missile. I also redrew the super missile a second time. The Super Missile is in a bight frame)

The same tile just in a darker frame:

Completed Save station (Looks so awesome I amazed myself):

Completed Save station (bright frame):

That's all for now. I still have a LONG way to go. While I'm typing all of this, I would like some slight information as to how to apply the Varia suit palette so Samus' ship. I tried to do it via the enemy species menu in SMILE but got this result:

Thank you all for taking the time to look at all of this.

GF_Kennon edit: Changing them pics to direct links, much easier on my bandwidth. ;p

personitis

Lunaria

The ship does not have the palette set up the same way as samus, what did you expect?

GF_Kennon

i dont know what was going through my mind when i made this, this is probably one of my fave GFX files now

if someone put this into a hack, i would be so happy ^-^;

included attached to the post are the GFX, and a TLP pallet file, a YY-Chr Pallet file and a FaTilety pallet file.

Edit:

Also i been working on my HUD, nothing much ATM, once its final ill add another pic

Edit2:

Oops, forgot to show off the better Phazon suit xD

Edit3: cleaned up the GFX, everything is smooth now.

personitis

When I get home I'll be sure to check em out.

Black Falcon

Quote from: GF_Kennon on July 19, 2009, 04:16:46 PM
if someone put this into a hack, i would be so happy ^-^;

I made the yellow missiles, too. :grin:

Tried to edit the symbols but it's as hard as hell in tlp!!
Can someone explain how to edit them in an easier way (if this is possible)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Phazar

GF_Kennon: That Missile icon in the HUD reminds me of Fusion's.  Did you base it off of that, or did it just turn out that way?  Also, welcome back, Black Falcon, I haven't seen you post anything in a while.  That room sure looks cool(but a little weird with the Norfair tiles).

RealRed

squishy_ichigo

Black Falcon: nice pic as always! :D

I always feel like my hacking skills suck when I see cool ass pics like that. :/
I feel impotent or something. ;_;

Oh well, I just have to try harder!

GF_Kennon

Why did i do this

Yes, that is my statue

Edit:

This is now what you see on start up

Lunaria

You would have to edit the tile table to do what your later screen shot shows, IIRC.
Plus the yellow things just looks weird and ugly, I guess it could be some sort of ammo under the wep, but on the legs?
And the blue thing on the right shoulder looks bad.

Black Falcon

Quote from: Bloodsonic on July 19, 2009, 06:31:29 PM
Change the view to Gameboy
Never thought it was so easy...
Thanks a lot now I can edit my hearts content!

Edit:
I found a new heat BG effect:
Goto Fx1, set lava/acid and move the sideways scrollbar until C (tide and other settings)
Check 'bg warp-line shift', NOT 'bg warp-cascade heat'.
You'll get this:

For comparison this is the other heat effect:

w/o heat:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Phazar

personitis

Wow, we seem to be showing off great pics and ideas. ^.^ I like everyone's work so far. Keep it up!

GF_Kennon

Oh hey its me

and its also me

Except im going to try and nut you to death now >:)

Phazar

That really reminds me of Jathys's version of te Spore Spawn facelift.  But that looks just...LOL.  Also, it looks like you have the headset on both sides in the actual game.

Nu Zalem

Here's a pic of me changing the look the the energy tanks. They look sorta like rhombi.