News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Record ZSNES Playthrough

Started by silverpaw84, September 01, 2011, 11:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverpaw84

I am using ZSNES' internal video recorder, with the newest versions of mencoder and lame, yet when dumping a video, small things go wrong, (fighting spore spawn, sore gets in way when it didnt while playing, ice beam misses enemy it hit while playing, trapping me in lava) screwing up the video and causing samus to act like a dumbass until the movie stops. I don't know why this is, but what is another GOOD recording device to use?

NOTE: I am using dual / triple monitors (3rd one occasionally) so the ability to either select a screen or area to record is what I need. I have an RCA recorder from when I had an old MP3 player, but the quality is shit

Thanks all

Zhs2

Technically, ZSNES's recording format (or perhaps any emulator's that doesn't dump straight to a video format) is a log of keypresses per frame and nothing more. Desyncs like this are quite common and usually requires a rerecord, or perhaps manual editing of the file itself.

zephyrtronium

Use a rerecording version of SNES9X. The main focus of these is recording (TAS) videos, so they're not likely to desync.

personitis

^--This and...

I would suggest Camstudio or Camtasia. The later being better but requires payment. At least that's my opinion.

Quietus

Said it before, I'll say it again:  Every man and his dog records SNES games with snes9x.  Play with ZSNES if you like (I do), but always record with snes9x.