News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Xecoria Dela'Mor - A Super Metroid Hack

Started by Katelyn, July 22, 2011, 03:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katelyn

GSL-7 Log 3024:
  Commander Antonio Forlymari
->START
"Mission log, what was it, three-thousand twenty four? I can't remember. This mission has taken way longer than it needed to. Xecos have been a problem this entire mission.
I've lost fifteen men to those damned things. But we've done what was needed. We've successfully established the GSL base Zeta. Took long enough, too. All we've gotta do is
set up the COMMs tower configurations and we'll be on our wa-"
* A loud bang is heard in the background.
"What the hell was that? Jimmy, did you hear that? Jimmy? Ryan, you there? Ryan!? Oh damn it, they've gotten in! All surviving crew members, get to the Frigate! I repeat, get to the Frigate!"
->END

---
You are Victor Hanns, member of GSL-9. Recently, you received a transmission from GSL-7 located on the planet Xecoria Dela'Mor. The planet was once a home for the breeding
of bio-weapons called Xecos. Violent, nasty creatures that could tear through bone as if it were paper. Their Commander, Antonio Forlymari, sent in his 3024th Mission Log as the
transmission, following a distress beacon. Your mission is to discover the result of GSL-7's remaining crew members. But we warned, the planet is infested with deadly creatures...
---
Xecoria Dela'Mor is a Super Metroid hack that has been in the works for several months. While I may not be the fastest hacker ever, I do try and please people with my room design
choice.

The hack features:

-New areas to explore
-A new set of physics to work with (Good luck with IBJ, by the way)
-ASM changes
-And not much more...

---
Picture List

-My standard for releasing pictures of this hack is different than most hacks.
       -I will not be releasing pictures in bulk, but instead, one picture every Friday until I feel that adding another picture will reveal too much of the hack.

N/A
---
Area Statistics:
Xecoria Surface: 29.1% complete
Underground: 12% complete
Flyma Mines: 7% complete
GSL-7 Zeta: 0% complete
Flooded Caves: 0% complete
Xecoria Core: 5% complete

Enemy Statistics:
Xecos: 0%
---

Parabox

* Parabox gives a damn.

Try to get in some more pics, though. Seems all good stuff.

Lunaria

Eh, needs to be about 20% cooler screenshots in this thread.

Katelyn

More damns need to be given. (Bump because nooblets are stealing my show >:C)

squishy_ichigo

Victor Hanns, son of Samus Aran and James Kennon, GF soldier and savior of the universe!

Zhs2

Quote from: squishy_ichigo
Victor Hanns, son of Samus Aran and James Kennon, GF soldier and savior of the universe!
That is only 20% creepy and 100% non-canon.

Katelyn

The hack is on hiatus for around 6-8 weeks, due to my arm. Sorry.

herald83

Damn awarded.  Nice screenshots!  I particularly like the bubble door.  Keep 'em coming!

Katelyn

peekaboo

Ahem.
I'VE BEEN AWAY FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO A BREAKING OF MY MAIN ARM
This hack is far from dead, though.
I've got a few screenshots to share with you fillies and colts.

The second picture is subject to change.

Draconis Kenjishiya

Well I like it. Never a requirement for me, but interesting stories always add something. Excited to see how you're gonna make the Xecos. (Xecosi? Xecosice? What is the plural of that .__.)

I'm using that ship GFX edit too   :grin:

Black Falcon

Vaelstroem
Quote from: Vaelstrom on July 22, 2011, 03:16:28 PM

If anyone is willing to do GFX work for me, I'd be a happy pony. While it isn't required, you might get a sneak peak in return for a GFX tilesheet.
^-^
I did NOT say I'd be willing to do GFX for you, so don't use my door graphics.

Quote from: Vaelstrom on July 22, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
Please let me know what you think.
I tink your doin et rong.  :eyeroll:

Seriously, if you want any GFX, please ask in before and give credit to the maker.
Wouldn't you hate it as well when people just simply take your stuff without saying a word?

Quote from: herald83 on July 27, 2011, 12:42:02 AM
I particularly like the bubble door.  Keep 'em coming!
^ You see what happens?
You're taking other peoples' stuff and community thinks it was made by you.
You don't even need to claim it as your own stuff.
This just makes me be like :mad: << this!

(Nothing against you, herald83 :P)

Take a look at some screenshots here and you'll notice that I'm using those door gfx in my hack.

Most people on IRC confirm that these doors were made by me.
Again, don't use them.

Katelyn

Okay, so yesterday did not go well. I was frustrated from band and didn't like seeing complaining, so I'm here to fix things up.

I'm switching to default doors. I never said anywhere in my post that they were your doors, and am sorry for any misconceptions.

The hack is being continued and content will hopefully be popping up again. All my old pictures have been removed, so new ones gogogo!

Sorry for making you Frustrated_Falcon. Next time when I decide to make Microsoft Paint useful, I'll ask the owner first. ;D

Black Falcon

Quote from: Vaelstrom on September 01, 2011, 02:05:20 PM
Sorry for making you Frustrated_Falcon. Next time when I decide to make Microsoft Paint useful, I'll ask the owner first. ;D

Lol, that's the right attitude. :)

begrimed

Getting in touch with Bill Gates might be difficult . . .

Katelyn

Quote from: Grime on September 02, 2011, 04:04:41 PM
Getting in touch with Bill Gates might be difficult . . .

WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT
CARL FROM INDIA TELLS ME MY CALL IS VERY IMPORTANT

Katelyn

You know what's amazing?
Progress.
You know what I didn't get?
Progress.
You wanna know why?
Fun times
Welp.

Lunaria

Looks like a scrolling sky problem to me...

Katelyn

Actually, it was a saving error, like when using KejMap or something.
Sadiztyk got my a quick fix for it, so everything's all good.

Katelyn

So this hack is more or less dead. I may bring it up later, but with the minimal time I have to work on it, I can't keep going with it.

Sorry if anypony was interested.