News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Text Box Wiggs Out

Started by personitis, July 28, 2009, 08:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Whenever I end up typing a big post, like something in the dreams topic or like the OP in my SMP topic, the text box decides after a certain point it won't follow text. Everytime I type, it scrolls down then right back up. A video migth help but if anyone else has expirenced this problem, I'm hoping you can explain it better than myself. =\

Phazar

Yeah, I've experienced that quite a bit.  It seems to only happen with extraordinarily big posts, like when I backed up the old Staff Forum, or when I added those two quotes in my sig.

Zhs2

* Zhs2 doublechecks the "What the Frak" topic

Ahh, you silly IE8 users. Apparently SMF was just fine on Firefox 3 and IE7, but noooooo, you had to go and get IE8 and come complain to me. :(

In any case, I'm not entirely sure making changes to the forum code for IE8 users is going to be too terribly easy or useful, the latter because I'm horrible at submitting things to people. :icon_sad:

Zhs2

Bump. This is a bug with IE8, apparently, as confirmed by our lovely Sadiztyk Fish. I've no idea where to even begin looking to fix it, and I doubt I want to. :/

personitis

Eh, that's fine. I don't use IE anymore.