News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Favorite Metroid Game

Started by Metroidfan09, May 15, 2009, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metroidfan09

what is everyone's favourite Metroid game?

mine is metroid Prime maybe because i only started playing metroid since the Metroid fusion/Prime time :)

squishy_ichigo

This will be enough for its own topic, so I split it from Social topic...

My favorite would be Super Metroid with Prime coming in a close 2nd.  ZM #3.

The only reason Prime is not #1 would have to be because I just love SM so much! :3
Prime is very enjoyable, and would have to be the best designed metroid game IMO.
And I love how flexable ZM is for routes, it reminds me of all the fun times I've had with SM.

Digital_Mantra

GF_Kennon

i never got to play echoes  :nowai:

Anyway my fave Metroid game is Super Metroid, it was my first Metroid game, then its Metroid II because it just kicks ass, its also why im making a hack based on it, cause it needs a good hack.

zephyrtronium

My favorite depends upon whether I'm on console or emulating. For the former, it is by far Fusion, mostly because it's the one I'm best at; for the latter it's a tie between SM and MZM.

RealRed

my favorite is Super metroid. it's so small, but it has so much you can do. ( glitch shit up, glitch it up again, frak with more glitches, etc.)

devonodev

My favourite would have to be Super.
I grew up playing it and I know my way around that game better than any other game.
I remember being so excited the first time I beat it under 3 hours... that was before I knew about any of the glitches ect.

Big Gay Cell

DSO

It would be very close between Prime and Super. I grew up on Super, but I matured on Prime, and love to do the crazy stuff they have. I'll be going with Prime, using the reasoning that I had more fun playing Prime and it has better music.

Big Gay Cell

True.  The soundtrack in Prime was the bomb.

Zhs2

I liked the Prime series the best... But if I had to pick one of those, I'd have to say Prime 3. I liked being able to point the cannon at stuff and fire, rather than hold a manual aiming button!

Phazar

Metroid Prime is probably my favorite for all the sequence breaking you can do, but I also like Super Metroid and sometimes have a hard time deciding which game I like more.

squishy_ichigo

See, see, I knew this topic would get posts!
<_< >_>

Anywho...
I never beat ROS, Echoes or Corruption, but then again I don't own them...
And I never played Hunters either.

From what I played, I didn't really like Corrption all that much.  I prefer the controls the other Metroid Prime games used.  Maybe I'm just a failure... eh, oh well.

GF_Kennon

* GF_Kennon orders Squishy_Ichigo to complete Metroid II

It is EPIC, end of discussion.

Thane

Super metroid then prime they are both amazing games.
Sadly i don't have a wii and haven't played corruption yet, but then again i don't like the controls for the wii so i probably never will...

Anyone who hasn't played Metoid II needs too play it, enough said.

zephyrtronium

After some consideration, I will have to change my favorite Metroid game to Metroid Metroid.

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on May 18, 2009, 04:22:02 AM

Metroid Hunters was a complete and utter fail.  The only thing that was fun about that game was getting on Wi-fi and wiping the floor with a bunch of little kids.  In other words, don't bother getting it or even wasting your time playing it.  Just a heads up.  ;)

DSO

Quote from: Big Gay Cell on May 19, 2009, 01:01:33 AM
Quote from: squishy_ichigo on May 18, 2009, 04:22:02 AM

Metroid Hunters was a complete and utter fail.  The only thing that was fun about that game was getting on Wi-fi and wiping the floor with a bunch of little kids.  In other words, don't bother getting it or even wasting your time playing it.  Just a heads up.  ;)

I highly disagree. I found Hunters fun and definately worth at least trying out. I play multiplayer with my brother all the time and sometimes just fool around against the computer in multiplayer matches. Even playing alone, it's still a good game, enough that I've played through it several times and gotten 100%. The control scheme is awesome and the only fail I found in it was how small it is. It was definately worth what I paid for it, which is far from "complete and utter fail".

However, I very rarely venture on WiFi. I typically have more fun playing against the computer and trying all sorts of different tactics on different stages out, rather than going online where almost everyone I meet only wants to play on Combat Hall or Oubliette...

Phazar

Hunters is actually a pretty good game.  Once you start speed running it and trying stuff out, you get a lot more fun out of it.  However, it is definitely not as good as some of the other Metroid games.  Also, I haven't played Metroid II due to how rare it is to find, but I would love to play it someday.

Draconis Kenjishiya

Super Metroid. Got it when I was 6, played it a week ago, hacking it right now. One of my favorite games of all time. Followed by Prime, and then Fusion.

Never played Hunters or Pinball.