The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

FUCK

I broke rustworks tiletable

Black Falcon

Thanks so much GF_Kennon!
I'll definitly use it in my hack! :huzzah: :portal:

personitis

Yay for coll little tricks. I'd say wait for this to be uploaded to the documents section untill you read it though. It's rather messy atm.

Scyzer

Quote from: person701 on November 04, 2009, 03:36:27 PM
Yay for coll little tricks. I'd say wait for this to be uploaded to the documents section untill you read it though. It's rather messy atm.

That enemy thing is a good idea, but you completely missed a VERY good thing you can do. You can actually make enemies invisible by changing their special, thus removing any evidence of the shaking.
I'd do it slightly different though, with some ASM, instead of using more enemies. Just change the Wall Jump code, chuck in a few checks, and you could use a BTS that prevents wall jumping. So say if you made a wall with Solid blocks BTS 01, you wouldn't be able to wall jump off those blocks, but could off any others.

EDIT: Because I was bored, I went and did that ASM. I DIDN'T test it cause I couldn't be bothered, but I'm pretty sure it should work. Any walls with a solid block of BTS $10 will prevent you wall jumping, hopefully...

EDIT AGAIN: Ok this code doesn't work =O. I know one reason is that the method I've used only works on blocks underneath you. But as for the crash when entering walljump pose, I don't know why that is. Might be easier to just have code run when touching a solid block  with BTS set a bit, and clear upon not touching it, then just have the wall jump code check that bit.

lorom

org $909D87
JSR $F63A
NOP
org $909DAC
JSR $F63A
NOP
org $90F63A
PHA
PHX
LDA $0DC4
TAX
LDA $7F6402
AND #$00
CMP #$0010
BNE $02
BRA $04
JSL $94967F
PLX
PLA
RTS

I *could* also make it only work after picking up an item (wall jump boots, anyone?), but that would be a blatant rip-off SMR, so I won't do that at all.

Cadarot

I decided to make a patch that repoints tileset 1-17. Read the README file included.

This patch is for [JU] roms only

This patch repoints tileset 1-17 (GFX, Palette, and table tiles) making each a unique tileset; meaning you can edit tileset 1, without tileset 2 being changed. It also allows you to make much larger tilesets than you could normally (without overwriting data).

This patch uses $E6:0000-$F5:C000. so if you have anything stored there, it will more than likely be re-written.

CLICK HERE To download the fixed patch

CLICK HERE To download the README file

Seriously, read the readme file.

begrimed

Red Brinstar "HD"

I modified the graphics for use in Project Base because the palettes I was trying for red Brinstar just weren't looking the way I wanted them to. The attached .GFX file is from tilesets 8/9, but I blanked out every tile except the ones I edited (so you don't gotta hunt them down). Just open this, and the GFX file for your hack in TLP at the same time and drag/drop whichever graphics you want over the existing ones. No palette file needed; they work for the default palette, and most likely for any new palettes you might have given the tileset already. Have fun or soemthing.

personitis

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on November 05, 2009, 01:54:42 AM
EDIT: Because I was bored, I went and did that ASM. I DIDN'T test it cause I couldn't be bothered, but I'm pretty sure it should work. Any walls with a solid block of BTS $10 will prevent you wall jumping, hopefully...
That ASM immediately closed my emulator when I pushed away from the wall (when samus entered the "about the wall jump" pose). So yea... and I don't think I used xkas wrong this time cause my ROM was working fine.

Quietus

Flamestar666: I attempted your patch, but all I got was an error.  I used an unedited, unheadered ROM.  After patching, all I got was the PAL ROM error, and couldn't open it in SMILE.

Cadarot

Quote from: Quietus on November 05, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
Flamestar666: I attempted your patch, but all I got was an error.  I used an unedited, unheadered ROM.  After patching, all I got was the PAL ROM error, and couldn't open it in SMILE.
Last I checked, SMILE couldn't open any rom other than [JU] rom. This patch is for [JU] only

Quietus

Yes, I know that.  I'm using the (JU) version.  It's unedited, unheadered, and hasn't been touched in any way.  I apply your patch, and when I try to open it in SMILE, I get the PAL error, and it doesn't open.

GF_Kennon

Cadarot

Quote from: Quietus on November 05, 2009, 05:01:59 PM
Yes, I know that.  I'm using the (JU) version.  It's unedited, unheadered, and hasn't been touched in any way.  I apply your patch, and when I try to open it in SMILE, I get the PAL error, and it doesn't open.
EDIT: All fixed now.
CLICK HERE To download the fixed patch

CLICK HERE To download the README file

I apologize for any inconvenience my patch has caused

Hacker347

What about  clear water, no map, or box edited thingy?

personitis

Quote from: Hacker347 on November 05, 2009, 06:18:38 PM
What about  clear water, no map, or box edited thingy?

Edit: Well I do have a few things, Thank Grime for one and some one else too.
>_< Red light warning: ya might want to take those down if they aren't yours. There's strict rule around here for that kind of stuff (and isn't the new beam gfx already up in the archives?).

Hacker347

Crashtour99

Quote from: Flamestar666 on November 05, 2009, 06:52:54 AM
This patch repoints tileset 1-17 (GFX, Palette, and table tiles) making each a unique tileset; meaning you can edit tileset 1, without tileset 2 being changed. It also allows you to make much larger tilesets than you could normally (without overwriting data).

I haven't tried it yet, but this is going to come in so very handy.   :grin:  Thanks!

Scyzer

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 05, 2009, 09:12:31 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but this is going to come in so very handy.   :grin:  Thanks!

DSO already did this, for all the tilesets, and he only expands the rom 5 banks, but uses space in bank $B8 (most of it actually). Link is here

Quietus

I'd like to be clear on this before I use.

DSO's repoints 15 sets, and Flamestar666's repoints 17.
Banks are irrelevant to me, as I'm very unlikely to use any others.

When we say 'expanding tilesets', does this mean that I can replace a load of the xxxx blocks in the tileset now without risking overwriting stuff?

RealRed

Quote from: Quietus on November 06, 2009, 04:00:55 PM
When we say 'expanding tilesets', does this mean that I can replace a load of the xxxx blocks in the tileset now without risking overwriting stuff?
Yup.

EDIT: Quietus gives me too many opportunities to make single word posts.

Cadarot

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on November 06, 2009, 05:52:36 AM
Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 05, 2009, 09:12:31 PM

DSO already did this, for all the tilesets, and he only expands the rom 5 banks, but uses space in bank $B8 (most of it actually). Link is here
I'm aware DSO already made one like that, mine is different though.
other than leaving all of the normal banks (by normal, i mean banks not added by the user), everything is a linear point, meaning that starting at bank $E6, you'll see the Tile Tables, the Palettes, and the Scenery GFX in that order, repeating 17 times.
This also makes tilesets that share tiletable data and GFX data no longer shared (meaning you change graphic set 1 without affecting graphic set 2 at all).
Also, DSO did not include the Ceres sets in his repoint.

Scyzer

I double checked that, and turns out I was mistaken =O Sorry for any confusion peoples.

Cadarot

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on November 06, 2009, 07:01:51 PM

I double checked that, and turns out I was mistaken =O Sorry for any confusion peoples.
It's all good.
I actually updates the readme file and the patch you can look for it a few posts back

personitis

I probably should've asked for this like, 20 posts ago but does anyone have the raw ASM file for the MP2 blocks BlackFlacon posted? I'm seeing health drop like a rock and I wanna modify it (and yes, I know how the BTS work).

Hacker347

Why? The energy dropping like a rock is more fun and more of a challenge.

personitis

Quote from: Hacker347 on November 09, 2009, 08:11:24 PM
Why? The energy dropping like a rock is more fun and more of a challenge.
Who's to say I don't want to make it drop faster? :heheh:

No, seriously.