News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Random little "contest" idea.

Started by begrimed, June 30, 2009, 05:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begrimed

To give you folks a little more incentive, I've hatched a kind of contest regarding the name of my hack. "Metroid Grime: DS" - what does the DS subtitle mean? Not gonna tell you, but I will give one hint: my custom user title and my personal text.

The person who gets it right won't win anything. How the hell is this a contest, then?

Because if somebody guesses what DS means before the date July 14th (my birthday), I will set Metroid Grime: DS aside for a little while and create a minihack. See? Anybody can participate, and everybody can win! Shit yeah.

I decided to make a little game out of this because I've kicked the idea of a minihack around for awhile, but never could decide one way or another. My solution? Let you guys decide for me. Have at it.

ProjectXVIII

devonodev

After alot of thinking, the best I can come up with is also Dream Sequence.

Silver Skree

Um... Surprisingly, same here  :O_o:

Wow. Yeah, I vote Dream Sequence.

I also vote that you don't stop your main project to work on a minihack. I'd much rather see the big thing done sooner than have your time be consumed by a minihack. That is, unless you've been wanting to do a minihack :p

zephyrtronium

Since "Dream Sequence" has already been guessed... thrice... I guess I'll have to come up with some pretty crazy crap.

But the only things I can find are "Dame Sequencer" and "Deneque Scream".

Lunaria

Darkness Spreads

Yes, I'm guessing grime is riping some one off. :<

begrimed

Ripping someone off? Please elaborate.

RealRed

There's already a hack called "Metroid: Darkness spreads"

Phazar

Super Metroid: The Darkness Spreads is the name of an already-done hack.

Edit:

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: Crys on June 30, 2009, 12:53:47 PM
Darkness Spreads

Yes, I'm guessing grime is riping some one off. :<

I'm going to assume that Crys doesn't know what an anagram is...  >_>

And everyone is saying "dream sequence" because that's the only "DS" match that comes back on the anagram generators!  ;)  Except for "derma sequence" which is stupid, and "dame sequencer" which uNsane already said.  Queue the anagram generator.

Fizzer

Maybe theres a little word like "and" or something between the D and S that doesnt warrant a letter?

RealRed

Cream queen des
hm..
McDamn queer seed
;D