News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Ground Zero

Started by MultiK1llZ, November 02, 2010, 07:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

or maybe the title should have been: "New super metroid. Metroid hack"
As the first part is the name and the second part is the definition, even though it would be useless.
* Crys shrugs

Awesome room BTW, keep up the good work! :awesome:

MetroidMst

I'm jealous of your room there. I've never liked the working with the Craterian rock tileset but so many are good at making rooms really stand out with it. Perhaps you should consider putting it in the Room of the Week contest.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: MetroidMst on November 07, 2010, 09:28:53 AM
I'm jealous of your room there. I've never liked the working with the Craterian rock tileset but so many are good at making rooms really stand out with it. Perhaps you should consider putting it in the Room of the Week contest.

Yeah, i am probably gonna put some rooms in the room of the week contest (hopefully i'll win some thing  :awesome: )

Crateria's tileset is tricky to master at first, note I am using multiple tilesets to make the are less plain, but i have also been using that tileset and different palettes for about 2-3 years  :O_o: and thats why i am, I would guess, decent with it.

Also you maybe jealous of my crateria design :heheh:, but you have Super Metroid: F.E.A.R., which I must say is very impressive, especially the FX1 stuff you've done. In fact, the reason why I have Crateria so dark was because of the videos of SM: F.E.A.R., Redisign and some other sources...

DSO

I like how you combined the tilesets and paletted the area. Quality stuff that's making me hungry for some metroid adventuring. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: DSO on November 07, 2010, 07:37:18 PM
I like how you combined the tilesets and paletted the area. Quality stuff that's making me hungry for some metroid adventuring. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Thanks DSO!  :grin:

I am currently done the first bit of crateria. Workin on brinstar now, which should be very interesting...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:  How do you edit botoon's palette when he gets more and more damaged? and how do you edit the damage the green acid balls he shoots?

BlackSnow2211

For his hurt palettes:
In SMILE, go to Tools>Beauty Salon and drag the scrollbar all the way to the right
Click on the new drop-down menu, and go to "I'm A Genius"
Two unclickable boxes should now be clickable, click on the first one and type in "19971B" (w/o quotes), then put "7F" (w/o quotes) in the second box and start editing!
I do not know about the acid ball damage though :/

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: BlackSnow2211 on November 07, 2010, 08:39:59 PM
For his hurt palettes:
In SMILE, go to Tools>Beauty Salon and drag the scrollbar all the way to the right
Click on the new drop-down menu, and go to "I'm A Genius"
Two unclickable boxes should now be clickable, click on the first one and type in "19971B" (w/o quotes), then put "7F" (w/o quotes) in the second box and start editing!
I do not know about the acid ball damage though :/

Thank you so much!!!  :^_^: :^_^: :^_^:

DSO

The header for Botwoon's spit attack is located in your hex editor at 36C48. The damage they deal should be the 9th byte of the header, check this for how the header is set up. You should be able to figure it out.

Hiroshi Mishima

Okay, now that Landing Site... that, that looks fucking beautiful. I love the palette you used for it. It makes various features like the stones just pop and feel more solid. The night sky gives it an even moodier feel, contributing to the dark atmosphere I'm seeing from your hack so far. It really intrigues and excites me to see the finished hack someday. :D

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: DSO on November 07, 2010, 09:01:45 PM
The header for Botwoon's spit attack is located in your hex editor at 36C48. The damage they deal should be the 9th byte of the header, check this for how the header is set up. You should be able to figure it out.

Thanks  :yay:

Crashtour99

Those particular addresses are in SNES format.  To find them in a hex editor you'll have to convert them to PC address.  This is actually pretty simple with a program called Lunar Address, which does the converting process for you.

Take that document that DSO linked to for instance.  It said that those locations were all in bank 86, Draygon's gunk at 8E50.  That gives a SNES address of $86:8E50.  Plug that into Lunar Address and you get a PC address of 030E50, which when you look it up in your hex editor will show you the hex the document talks about.  I believe you can find all the other enemy projectile header locations (SNES format) in SMILE.  It's a bit of a process, but necessary if you want to edit that stuff.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 07, 2010, 09:51:46 PM
Those particular addresses are in SNES format.  To find them in a hex editor you'll have to convert them to PC address.  This is actually pretty simple with a program called Lunar Address, which does the converting process for you.

Take that document that DSO linked to for instance.  It said that those locations were all in bank 86, Draygon's gunk at 8E50.  That gives a SNES address of $86:8E50.  Plug that into Lunar Address and you get a PC address of 030E50, which when you look it up in your hex editor will show you the hex the document talks about.  I believe you can find all the other enemy projectile header locations (SNES format) in SMILE.  It's a bit of a process, but necessary if you want to edit that stuff.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that -_-

MultiK1llZ

BRINSTAR!!! (for now...)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Qactis

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 08, 2010, 06:20:20 PM
BRINSTAR!!! (for now...)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

interesting use of the two tilesets, though I think the brinstar mossy stuff looks a little too straight to be natural, needs needs a little more uglification

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Qactis on November 08, 2010, 06:27:02 PM
interesting use of the two tilesets, though I think the brinstar mossy stuff looks a little too straight to be natural, needs needs a little more uglification

I know it looks kind straight but I am still making the tiletables, once its done, it should look better.  :^_^:

Crashtour99

I dig the palettes you used for Brinstar.  Gives it kind of a dead swampy area feel.  Might tone down the lighter color on the stone bricks a tad though (not much, just a little).

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 08, 2010, 11:06:44 PM
I dig the palettes you used for Brinstar.  Gives it kind of a dead swampy area feel.  Might tone down the lighter color on the stone bricks a tad though (not much, just a little).

I agree, although I like the palette alot, I should probably darken it a bit. Thx for the criticism :^_^:

Hiroshi Mishima

Not really anything to add that hasn't been said already about the Brinstar palette, but I did want to say I also agreed that it really looks nice. Crash summed it up pretty well about it feeling "dead" and that sounds like something you'll want to enhance the atmosphere of your hack. Darkness, death, decay, lots of fun "d" words. :p

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 09, 2010, 05:16:22 PM
Darkness, death, decay, lots of fun "d" words. :p

Ahahaha  :lol: . I just realized that thats so true.

The Tileset is still a WIP but, i am pretty satisfied with it for now. BTW, I am shi-- garbage at using a hex editor so this is going to be a long process...

MultiK1llZ

Just wondering, how do you edit the bomb torizo's palette?

interdpth

So, Super Metroid: Inter Dpths right?

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: interdpth on November 12, 2010, 11:20:15 AM
So, Super Metroid: Inter Dpths right?

Ahaha  :lol:

I was wondering when you would see that.  :grin:

Cadarot

I still stand by Mission A.U.R.A

Hiroshi Mishima

I've gotta admit, that's both original and catchy. The Mission A.U.R.A. one, that is.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 14, 2010, 10:26:45 PM
I've gotta admit, that's both original and catchy. The Mission A.U.R.A. one, that is.

yeah its cool, but i am not that crazy about it and lets not forget what Dman said.

Good news, I have created a large part of brinstar. This hack is advancing slowly. School is taking a lot of my time though.