News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - June 2016

Started by TheAnonymousUser, May 07, 2016, 08:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

TheAnonymousUser
3 (14.3%)
Tarince
3 (14.3%)
Mettyk25jigsaw
0 (0%)
Cpt.Glitch
3 (14.3%)
Physix
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

TheAnonymousUser

Say Vismund, when is voting for april's submissions? :colonrightv:

[spoiler=Trying out terrain layering][/spoiler]

Tarince

Here is a little room that I made up. I really like this tileset, so I think I am going to keep using it along with some other crazy looking ones too.
Keep in mind, I have de-saturated the yellows and spread them out a bit, but I am uploading this screenshot I took before I did that because my computer is being slow and I can't get these things done in a timely manner like I would like to. My apologies.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Physix

Quote from: Tarince on May 13, 2016, 09:50:46 PM
Here is a little room that I made up. I really like this tileset, so I think I am going to keep using it along with some other crazy looking ones too.
Keep in mind, I have de-saturated the yellows and spread them out a bit, but I am uploading this screenshot I took before I did that because my computer is being slow and I can't get these things done in a timely manner like I would like to. My apologies.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fix that link.

Mettyk25jigsaw

I just thought I'd try my luck out for the first time ever, see how I go...Tileset is quite alienish...

Note...Those two 4 by 'X' Tiles will not be visible in gameplay...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

elol

you're going to update the super metroid BLACKHAWK?

Mettyk25jigsaw

I will eventually, but at the moment, things are really slow as I have been in the process of moving home to another state in my home country for the last few months...However things should kick off again much faster in 4 to 6 weeks...I won't update it though until I have enough to show and I really don't want to update it this time till I have a lot more to show...Probably looking at something like 12 to 18 months...Also I am still working on my first project and getting that refined, our good friend JAM has been kindly elaborating with me in the last 6 months on helping me getting this first project refined by doing some patches and what not and giving me jobs to do on the side in relation to some of the patches, so lots of credit goes to JAM for the last couple a versions + upcoming ones. He is truly a devoted person...

Physix

Secret Agent Klunk

So here is my submission for this month, also on the side note this is the very first room I have made from semi-scratch...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

passarbye

Quote from: Physix on May 17, 2016, 01:48:42 PM

Does this gooder?
Nice tileset! can i has? I'd change up the palette a bit though, gray-scale is meh. maybe throw some blue in there.

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler=Rad first ROTM entry][/spoiler]

Physix

Aight, my second attempt at this "room design" stuff. This tileset is so easy to work with!  :nod:

SpoOkyMagician

I think we get the "point".  :grin: :lol:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Quietus

I believe it's also one entry per person, so you'll have to decide on which you want to enter. You can always post more in the general screenshots thread.

Physix

Quote from: Quietus on May 21, 2016, 06:17:02 PM
I believe it's also one entry per person, so you'll have to decide on which you want to enter. You can always post more in the general screenshots thread.

Yeah dude I'm gonna enter in the latest one, yeeh.

Vismund Cygnus

Only 4 days late, this has to be some kind of a record for me.  :heheh:
Charmy takes May's contest with a picture of sex, why hasn't this guy been banned for posting NSFW pics yet? Every time he posts stuff like this I have to chuck a pillow on my lap:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This month we have a few entries. LOOK AT THEM:
[spoiler=TheAnonymousUser][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tarince][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mettyk25jigsaw][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cpt.Glitch][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Physix][/spoiler]

Vote for your president, for they shall be the one to build the wall. Take the time to consider what you want your southern border to look like.

Cpt.Glitch

My vote is tied between TAU and Physix.

[spoiler=TAU] I really like the layering you have going in the room. That is something I really want to gitgud at for my hack as is is very pleasing aesthetically. The overall design of the room is great and looks very natural, which is something that I like when a natural looking tileset is used. My only complaint is the palette. It doesnt look natural and I feel the colors alter too sharply. Otherwise solid room.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Physix]
I also really like the natural feel your room has. It does everything just right; The palette is great and leaves no question that it's an ice themed cave. The design of the room, though small, is very pretty and looks as natural as can be. Also it's not even a room from an actual metroid game, it's from your engine, which is pretty rad. Only complaint here is that the snow's colors seems a little bright for a cave, but then again it would be pitch black in a cave.[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Conclusion]Physix gets my vote. Despite both of the rooms only complaints being the palettes, Physix's is only a matter of brightness while TAU's palette just turns me off. Very hard choice, good luck to all y'all.

Physix

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on June 04, 2016, 11:33:58 PM
I also really like the natural feel your room has.

Cuz it totally snows inside caves am I right?

Quietus

Cpt.Glitch for me. The background is a bit in your face, but it's nice to see a room fleshed out with those Ceres tiles. :^_^:

Grimlock

It's gots ta bee TheAnonymousUser for me, very natural looking cavern, nicely done!  :cool:

Physix is the runner up cuz man that's pretty pretty!  :grin:

TobiMikami

Physix - Your tileset is a gift to the eyes and the Metroid community. I award you one superdelegate.

sm cory

cpt.glitch for me! big rooms are hard to make. and it looks pretty cool up close!

I think the tileset of Physix is amazing. but I think any room would look good with that set.