News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Like on the old boards, pics from any of your projects are welcome here! :)

Here is my old pic that is still old. :P

http://sexy.randomnetirc.org/~zhs2/Pics/Other/hudtest7.png

Big Gay Cell

Dooooooooooooooom! Magically release this now!

devonodev

Ahhh the old memories of Doom.
The new hud thing looks cool

DSO

The start of my upper moonbase tileset.

RealRed

So, I kinda got tired of the cartoony look of my snowy place, but there's really not much I can do about it, as seen here. I've redone a good amount of tiles and a tiny bit of palettes to make it look more refreshing, and less cartoony. do you guys like the new graphics? or do you like the old ones? compare.

old                                                 new

DSO

Old has better snow, New has better grass and sky and stuff except for the unsightly box shape to be found underneath the CRE pipe to the right.

Zhs2

Quote from: Big Gay Cell
Dooooooooooooooom! Magically release this now!
Bleh. We're kind of on hold right now because the project manager has somehow disappeared. D; When he gets back, though, I'm going to suggest removing ALL of the Marine's default weapons, and replace them with a couple new-feeling, but still old style ones (though not as many!,) as well as the 'demonic' attacks we've been planning from the very start... :icon_twisted:

@ DSO: Looks sweet for a start, but those tiles look so simple. With a bit more shading and detailing, it'll be perfect!

Zhs2

[spoiler=Bump.][/spoiler]
Another project that will most likely not get done.

RealRed

Jathys

Because of the issues with the PacTroid metroid destroying the wrong blocks on some people's computers, I decided to put it to use somewhere else . . . After a slight modification to the code, we have:
SMILE Easter Egg

And since no one responded yet, I'll just add onto this post with a before-and-after snapshot in scroll editor view... Interpolation FTW:

GF_Kennon

You don't know how much I am looking forward to the smile buddy X3

Maybe you could have it make different noises depending on what's its doing.

Also nice work on the interpolation.

DSO

Decided to try some more graphics drawing on my own while waiting on certain people. Failed horribly, so I just stabbed at the screen with random placement of pixels, coming up with this.

Need to fix the boxy lines in the background and make it flow, but at least it's starting to go somewhere. It's only 10 8x8s, so at this rate, I might have the tileset done in two months...

Lunaria

The black line in the middle of the BG made the whole image look confusing.
I'm sure it will be no confusing in-game though. Good job on it.

devonodev

It's very...  purple.
I'm sure it looks good in game though.

Zhs2

That screenie would probably have a better effect to it if the bottommost BG line was placed in front of Samus - and hence, the giant black line in the middle would have a bit more meaning! Just like a sunflower field of some sort. :icon_razz:

DSO

Tweaked the background purple darker to make it easier to tell from the foreground, added more variety to the background tiles, show the reason the earlier pic had a black line through it, also show walls. All part of the (slow) progress I'm making on this tileset...

Lunaria

Looks way better. Keep on working on it! :3

DSO

So, my new project has a name now.

Posting this because three layers on just one layer makes DM happy inside.

zephyrtronium

That looks seriously sexy. Although, maybe it would look a bit better if you were to desaturate a bit...

Draconis Kenjishiya

Oooo. Three layers is pretty. That's really awesome.

Lunaria

Quote from: Draconis Kenjishiya on June 03, 2009, 08:53:52 AM
Oooo. Three layers is pretty. That's really awesome.
Like he said, it's all only on one layer. :<
I have few things like that myself.

snarfblam

Here's a picture with two of my partially complete projects:

Nu Zalem

Well, these are my redrawn tiles. I'll label them all respectively so that way people won't get confused. Some of you have already seen these, but I don't think it would hurt anything by throwing them here on MetConst. This will also save me from going back and forth between photobucket/imageshack.

Grapple Hook Block/Redrawn block--> (the grapple hook block is under the purple square block...which is redrawn as well)

Crumbled Grapple Hook Block

Chozo item ball (bright frame)

Chozo item ball (dull frame)

Energy tank (bright frame)

Energy tank (dull frame)

Save station/Door--> (The Door is based on Crys' door...just wanted to put that out there. Save station is incomplete...I'll finish it eventually.)

Zhs2

@ DSO: When you say 3 layers on one, do you mean that it involved creative tileset usage (rather than using the game's engine to its fullest?) Either way, it's very nice. Makes me think Samus is underwater just from the palette. o.O

@ snarfblam: woooooooow. That is pretty expansive. How long have you been working on it?

@ Antares: That is one sexy save station. :^_^:

RealRed

God man. Snarfblam, that looks really kickass. if your hack isn't too hard, I'll totally beat it.
Nu_Zalem, I've already told you what I think about your tiles. keep up the good work!