News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MineCraft Picture / Video Thread

Started by FullOfFail, October 16, 2010, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I've checked loads of texture packs over the years.  I stuck with John Smith's for a while, but I've never looked back since finding Sphax's PureBDcraft.  I just love the comic look. :^_^:

PKstarship

Kinda suprised this topic hasn't been posted on in so long, but never mind. here is a picture of my house, built in Pocket Edition. It took a long time to finish because I had to plant over 150 oak trees to get enough oak wood to finish it.

The inside is somewhat unfurnished, because I haven't really done much except build. The only problem is that the inside isn't bright enough, but that'll change when I get some glowstone.

Also, the left side of the house was built over a pit that lead right into an abandoned mineshaft, which is cool because those are normally difficult to find. I added some ladders, torches, and a trapdoor in my house so I can go down there and mine.

Anyways, what do you think?

Quietus

It looks OK, though I'm not a fan of houses made solely from wood. With the right circumstance, and a little bad luck, you can have it all burn down. :^_^:

Other than that, I'd recommend making certain that you use plenty of lighting in that mine entrance, otherwise you run the risk of one unlucky mob spawn preventing you from sleeping. I had this once when my original spawn was near a ravine. It was fine for hours, then one mob spawns in and ruins it all. :sad:

Meeptroid

Hmm, the wood problem can be a problem, but, I gotta admit, that looks really nice PK! I make more Asian houses, so maybe one of these days, I will upload a few pictures of a house for ya guys!

Quietus

I never tend to build a house or base that's too grand, mainly because I know it won't be long before I need to explore more, and expand my kingdom, so I tend to keep my first base functional, and my pit stop properties minimalist, just to see me through while I continue exploring. :^_^:

PKstarship

To be honest, I never use a Flint and Steel unless I need to make a Nether Portal, and I'm gonna keep the area around my house well-lit so that zombies don't burn in the sunlight and catch my house on fire, so I think I'm safe.

I sometimes make other bases, but I always make my first house in the perfect spot, and make it as large as possible, usually with an enormous flagpole so I can see where it is. I love to explore, but I also love the nice peaceful Harvest Moon-styled aspect of having a big farm and animals to take care of.

Quietus

Yeah, I always tend to get a farm going early on, mainly with cows, since you get the double whammy of food and leather - leather being the start of the path to enchanting. Also, wheat farms are just satisfying, even though I never harvest it. :^_^:

PKstarship

I always kinda feel odd bumping a thread, but I'm not really breaking any rules with this post (I hope). Anyways, here is my farm and house, along with a barn, a chicken coop, and a storage shed. It took me quite a while to make this, but it looks really nice, I think.

Things not shown are my WIP Library, and my town, currently only consisting of three-and-a-half houses. The stone path leading under the storage shed leads to an underwater area made of glass domes, but I'll save those for a future picture.

Anyways, what do you think?

PonchGaming

That looks pretty cool, better than anything I can build :p

Mon732

Thatssss a nice houssse you've got there. :twisted:

PKstarship

AHH! A Creeper!

But seriously, I am trying to keep my area well lit so monsters don't spawn. The grid I built over my farm also gives the crops a source of light at night, so they can keep growing. Also, I've gotten better at killing Creepers with swords, although the front area of my house has suffered a couple of explosions in the past...

Quietus

I love the way it's a scenic pic, and then there's a nether portal just sitting innocently in the back ground acting all "nah, I ain't no entrance to hell or anything - I'm just chillin'". :^_^: