News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] [PLM] adding item frames

Started by fuducker81, February 19, 2011, 10:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuducker81

is it possible to add two frames to the missile tank powerup? i have space in the cre. Is it possible? If so, Would it be asm, or a simple hex tweak?

squishy_ichigo

Yes to all the questions, depending on the flexibility of your definition of simple.

That being said, I've never done it myself, though you'd have to edit the plm code itself.

Scyzer

You can do it by hijacking the animation instructions within the missile PLMs.

Each animation will look like [04 00 XX XX]. [04 00] is how long to display that animation in frames, [XX XX] is the pointer to the relative tilemap for that animation. There will be 2 of these for each missile PLM.
What needs to be done is hijacking one of the animations [04 00 XX XX], by replacing it with a redirecting instruction, and a pointer to the new location, which would be free space in $84. Then at that location, put in 3x [04 00 XX XX] (1 for each animation), with the XX XX being the pointer to the tilemap to use. After you've put in however many animation frames you want, put in another redirecting instruction to jump back to after where it was hijacked before.

I *think* the redirecting instruction is [ED 80], but that might be for enemies. It's for one of them anyway =P

squishy_ichigo

See, simple.... kinda

One of these days you need to write down all these things for us Sadi, so we don't have to ask all the time! :D

fuducker81

sad, can you tell me the address for the hex values? yay 2000th post in engine works!

begrimed

I think I've got an IRC conversation of Sadiztyk walking someone through the whole entire process saved from awhile back. I'm about to head out the door, but I'll look for it and post it here when I get back if I still have it.

fuducker81

cool. ill be coming and going through this for a while.

begrimed

Okay, so it was for adding more frames to the energy tank animation. Still, I'd suggest reading and learning it, as I'm sure it can be applied to the other items if you find the right places.

fuducker81

Scyzer

I would also like to add to that since I was a noob when I explained that. The [01 00] within the tilemap isn't a timer, it's the relative position to put that graphic to the PLM hitbox.