News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Ice Metal 1: Uninstall [Ver: 1.4.2]

Started by Lunaria, August 21, 2010, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riffman81

Quote from: Crys on February 23, 2011, 04:35:10 PM
Riffman: It's nice to see you back. I was, in fact, going to contact you about 1.30 as you wanted to know when I got most bugs sorted out in order for it to be worth making a real cart. But... yeah, :effort: to send you a PM,  :heheh:;

Yeah, it's cool to be back. I've been really tied up with school and my band is recording our third album, so I haven't had much time for anything else. I made a cart for the re-palette version as well. Both run great on my SNES. Just a quick note: some of the minor bugs I found while playing on an emulator (and these have already been mentioned in the previous posts) I didn't encounter while playing on real hardware.  :^_^: 

Yonowaaru

Eeh.. Is it possible to get to Crocomire in this new version? I can't find any passages in the X-ray room..

*Edit: And what's with the super secret entrance to the core?

Lunaria

I changed the crocomire secret to be less obvious and go away a bit from the super metroid formula of the same room... many people are sure to recognize it.

Also that path is a short cut, lower steamfair is a bonus area, so I assume people do it last. :p

LReyomeXX

Interesting escape sequence, using your energy remaining as the countdown timer.

7:21 with (201.9%?)

Scyzer

you used an old patch. Redownload and go through the credits again. I can't remember if the old patch was loading or storing to the wrong address to count the percentages. If it was storing wrong, then you won't be able to get a percentage .

This was fixed ages ago though :|

LReyomeXX

Hey, it was the first time I touched a hack since my computer was redone. Haven't been to these forums since November :lol:

Lunaria

Yo, been a while LR! :D

Hope you enjoyed playing through my hack.

LReyomeXX

Is there any major differences I may have missed, cause the one I beat was 1.24

As I said, I loved the nice change of pace on the escape. By the way, how did you get that to happen where the spotlights recharged your energy? I think I kinda figured out how you did the energy drain, made all the rooms act as if you were in that second type of lava, but without the lava

Lunaria

Both the drain and heal type blocks are new BTS types. :p

And, there where a lot of changes for 1.30... but it's still the same game, just more tweaked.

Lunaria

I'll be doing a full playthrough with developers commentary for this during the summer. (unless I get a job.) So was also thinking what sort of options I should go with. I guess the thing could be played with eagle eye settings to get rid of the pixly look and such, not that it really matters for me.

Either way, I may buffed up and release a 1.4 at that point. The change log for 1.4 is rather low ATM, but it will come with another palette set. I was hopping I had done hard mode at this point, but I have been more into other projects I have had going; my zelda classic quest in other words.

As I was talking about with people in another thread, there is also plans for making a full manual as well as player's guide. It's just that it's in the back burner for later. The reason for this is quite simple: it's a lot of work. Not only would I have to draw some art for the game to future in it, I would also have to write interesting information, the later which I'm terrible at. But yeah, it's something you may want to expect in the future, but don't get your hopes up. :p

X-tradyte

Cryshi, I'm just wondering, how many Ice metals to you tend to make?  Cause, from what I played on #1, that was truly a work of art. I also wanna know if you'll get a lot of time in on Awakening over summer, making this hack fast to release.

Now, is this not gonna be the thread used for IM2? or are you making a new thread for that. Oh, and also, If you give a release date, please make sure its that day this time? I was waiting longer than what I should've, and that made me a little pissed...

Anyways, I'm glad you're making an Ice metal 2. Your hacks just make boredom, fun.
Keep up the great work Cryshi!

Lunaria

I already made a thread to talk about IM2, you should find it in the super metroid section.

But to answer your questions, the original plan was to make three ice metal games, though, I have later decided to just limit it to two. And I will hopefully get in some time for ice metal 2 during the summer, but most likely not a whole lot. The game is years from being done.

Quietus

Quote from: DarkSamus on May 25, 2011, 04:03:23 PMOh, and also, If you give a release date, please make sure its that day this time? I was waiting longer than what I should've, and that made me a little pissed...
I'm not usually one to jump in with the bashing stick, but I hereby nominate this post for the Arsehole Post of the Year award.

X-tradyte

Asshole post of the year? Well then, someones not getting their cookies tonight.
but seriously, why? I didn't mean anything mean, in the least.

Quietus

Then consider being a little more careful with your phrasing.  It reads as if you're telling the creator to get their act together, and release their hack on-time, so they don't piss you off.

Crashtour99

That kind of post is why people don't usually have release dates for their hacks.  Ungrateful bastards get pissy when they aren't released on time, and seem to think they deserve something that someone else is putting their own hard time and effort into creating.

In other words, don't be an ungrateful prick.  Be patient and wait until the developer is done, it will be released when it's released.

Zhs2

Look up "overbearing sense of entitlement." Try not to incorporate this behavior into your posts lest it makes you look like an
Quote from: Crashtour99Ungrateful bastard
which may be a bit late for you now. Don't do it again.

X-tradyte

Well, it's not about me, it's about the people that want to play the hack, including me. I'm not saying anything about her act. She's in the top 5 for best hacks, on my list. That means Idc, what she makes for a hack, as long as it lives up to its name :)

Lunaria

Haha, to be fair. It's very ironic that you people get mad at him for saying something like that, but you should all be very aware that it's very unprofessional to set a date and then not keep it, something I did for this hack at least three times.

Thing is though, it's very hard when it comes down to it to set a good date. Since not only don't you know how much time you get to spend on your hobby, there are always a lot of things you did not know you had to deal with that needs to be done. The final testing phase for this hack took a lot longer then I expected it too, and it's all thanks to dman it got done as soon as it did, if not the hack would have taken at least another half a year before it would be out.

Quietus

It wasn't so much getting mad, but more about kinda defending the sense of community in our little Metroid hacking world.  We all try and be respectful and supportive, and every now and again you get someone who almost seems to go looking to break it.  Anyway...

[/derail]:razz:

metalsubstance

Hey Crys!

I got the chance to play through Ice Metal one more time - still an excellent hack and the replay value was awesome as well!  Thanks again for putting it together.

I think I may have discovered a bug (or a misunderstood feature).  It may have even been brought up already.

[spoiler]When going through lower Steamfair collecting items, isn't there supposed to be an energy tank at the spot where Samus is standing in the photo below?

[/spoiler]

Lunaria

There is supposed to be an e-tank there, sadly though, providing me with only the information that it's gone is not really helping me fix the cause, not to mention I noticed you have patched another hack on top of mine, which could in fact be the problem. :/

If I get any more error reports on this tank missing I'll look into it, but as it is now, there is nothing I can do.

metalsubstance

Ah thanks!  I'll try once again with a replay through the game but with only your patch applied to the stock ROM.  It's not a big deal in the end to tell you the truth, as most of the original game's energy tanks are still represented and it's more than enough for an astute player to end the game.

y2trips

Great hack.  I'm a bit late to the party, but very enjoyable.  I got everything but 1 missile, 1 super missile, and screw attack. 

Looking for some help with screw attack:

[spoiler]I know where it is and i can even tell in the trailer what to do (1:56) just can't do it.  Any tips?[/spoiler]

Lunaria

The speed fall (as I call it) is a rather hard trick to learn (though I'd say learning to mockball is harder.)
What you need to do is morph while in mid air of a speed boost, than unmorph while still holding the d-pad forward, at this point you can shift from forward on the d-pad to upwards. If you face backwards you will lose the speed charge, and by unmorphing you lose all momentum forward so you just let yourself fall downwards with the charge.

Good luck finding those last items!