News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Petition topic for Completed/WIP hacks

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Is your hack not on our official page yet? Completed recently, but can't get in touch with our staff? Feel free to leave a couple of screenshots and a description (along with the name of your hack and all related patches/docs, of course!) in this topic.

Check and see if it already is at http://metroidconstruction.com/hacks.php!

GF_Kennon

you need to include 2 ingame dumps and a patch and a short description, if its not released, an ETA would be nice too.

interdpth

They can also join #metconst on irc.esper.net if they have an IRC client, to talk to a staff member as they mostly reside there.

Why didn't the channel get mentioned?

GF_Kennon

Im not sure, but you can just attach the screens here and a headered patch and an unheadered patch here as well as a discription for the hack, an ETA too if needed, though if you have more than one hack you will have to contact us as the limit to attachments is 4 and at 256kb   :<_<:

Cardweaver

I have pictures for my hacks finally. Also, Cider isn't up there.

Here we go.

Gravy:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Puddin':
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Soup:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

And finally, Cider. It will be a fullhack hopefully released sometime between now and 2011. It will be unheadered.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Scyzer

Super Metroid: Impulsion

Full hack, ASM, new GFX, Slight physics changes, non-linear

Set just after the incident at Zebes. Samus returns to the Dantae Galactic Headquarters to find everyone dead, and the place crawling with genetically modified Metroids. She returns to her ship, and lands on the nearby planet of Solaria. Who knows what mysteries await her on this dark, deserted planet...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT:
Yes I know this hack is not completed, and this is a *completed hacks* topic, but this seems the best place for me to post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zhs2

Maybe I should fix the title, but we did make this for any old completed ones since Grime made that archival topic over at M2K2. We're happy to put up your pics + description from here, though! :icon_eek:

personitis

Name: Super Metroid Rebuild
Description: A complete rebuilding of the original Super Metroid with graphical inhancement and little ASM (just adding doors). The aim of this hack is to expand the game time wise, add exploration, and show you can have something amazing and expansive without fancy ASM hacking.
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

devonodev

Here are my hacks!  :razz:
They are all one room hacks, except for Freestyle, which is a half hack.

Freestyle WIP
[spoiler]
The idea of this hack is to completly open up the planet so every room and item is accessible from the start of the game.

There are a few restrictions:
All the bosses must be defeated to enter tourian
Boss rooms can't be entered from the wrong side
You can't leave boss rooms during a battle

It should be released in a few months, but I can't promise anything.

[/spoiler]

Maze   October 03, 2008
[spoiler]
Just a short morphball maze.
Requires mid-air morph or a bit of bomb-jumping.
Ends when you get screw attack.

[/spoiler]

Escape    April 08, 2008
[spoiler]
A tricky one room hack that requires Speedball, Bombjumping, Walljumping, and alot of skill.

[/spoiler]

Legend of Doom     October 08, 2008
[spoiler]
A one room hack that isn't too hard, but alot of people may struggle with it.
For an extra challenge, try and get Space Jump.

[/spoiler]

EDIT: Added realease dates

squishy_ichigo

Well since we're doing WIPs here, I guess I'll FINALLY give some screenshots and  info on my main hack!

descripton: OH NO! Mario has gone missing! AGAIN! Samus has been called in to rescue him, but due to horible platforming skills, she failed to defeat Bowser! WHAT A NOOB! Now she must traverse the surrounding lands to repower her suit, and save mario!  What silly shenanigans will she get herself into on this new adventure?

pics: in attachments
1) only Castle room I've done :3
2) Wiggler Boss is old news

[attachment deleted by admin]

personitis

Ha, Wiggler is Batwoon. Now that's a funny one.

Samus-Aran

This is a WIP Samus Aran Powers Up This Is For Headered Only

Suits Modified:Power(PED SUIT) VARIA(Crocamire Suit) Gravity(Phazon)

KT JDDD

I'm here to announce an official release of my Boss rush/Door maze hack.  This is Super Metroid Blitz.

Original ROM: Super Metroid (JU) [!]
headered

The beginning of exploration stage.

Black Norfair: The heart of the exploration stage

Official description:
Super Metroid like you've never seen before, featuring a tileset not used in the original game, a door maze to encourage exploration, and a fleet of bosses out to get you.  Also notice the new suit coloring!  But don't get destracted...  you are the hunter.  Hunt them down, one by one.  This is... Super Metroid Blitz.

Phazar

Awesome!  An official release of Blitz?  I'm going to play it right now--I can't wait to see how much better it is than the demo.

KT JDDD

my first released Half hack.  The full Super Metroid with a big stress on caution.  You CAN get permanently stuck in certain places.  So if you don't know how to use savestates... you should learn.

Two places where you can get stuck

DESCRIPTION
What's more annoying than getting stuck because you have no idea?  Try getting stuck permenently.  You think you're familiar with this game already?  Think again.  You can't even take the same route you know and love.  Watch your step, It's A Trap!  No... It's Super Metroid: ITSATRAP.

MetroidMst

Super Metroid: Fear

Fullhack. ASM changes to items and bosses. New GFX. In the same vein as Searching For Items, only bigger and more difficult. Exploration based with a few spots of intense action. WIP for now. ETA is mid to late 2010.

Choose whichever pics you want.

personitis

Super Metroid: Hard Mode

Title says all. The game has removed sequence breaking and also upped difficulty by a good score.

Consider it a minihack cause all that's been done is minor level change and value changes.

RealRed

Your url fails. I think you might want to remove the quotation marks...
Also, you might wanna give two screens. just so no one bitches when they go to upload hacks.

squishy_ichigo

two screens of a minihack?  He didn't make any level design changes <_<;

personitis

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on November 08, 2009, 11:32:44 PM
two screens of a minihack?  He didn't make any level design changes <_<;
Yea... there are hardly any changes. Like there's a total of 1 screen changed (that's if you took all my level changes and put them in one room). <<; ;>> But if you direly need changes, I'll find two.

RealRed

Quote from: Bloodsonic on November 08, 2009, 09:09:01 PM
just so no one bitches when they go to upload hacks.
I'm not barking down orders, I'm just telling you you might wanna upload screens so that...
There are hacks up with no screens aren't there? Ah well...

Acheron

Super Metroid: Hangtime                                  Super Metroid: Exia                          

devonodev

Just in case anybody actually checks the WIP Hacks on the main site, SM Freestyle now has a release date of 'Before Christmas 2010'.
And the part about it being completed in a few months can be deleted too.

Black Falcon

Metroid: Predator

Will be a full hack.
Some asm changes as well as graphics revamp.
VERY far from done!
Release date: unknown
Pics:

Scyzer

Can I suggest that the Christmas hacks get put up into the mini hack page? I was going to download mine, as I couldn't find a patch for it on my computer. I was sure I kept one somewhere...