News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Petition topic for Completed/WIP hacks

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSO

GFS Kennon

Minihack
Graphics by GF_Kennon
Some ASM, possibly new enemies
Unknown release date.

A_red_monk_called_Key

My Full hack: Super Metroid Phazon Hack
Boss and enemy changes, every room has been changed. This hack is for beginners, only one SWK needed to finish the game with the main focus on a good wall kick learning curve. Some bugs i'll fix at a later date.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/21307

X-tradyte

Name: Super Metroid: Apocalypse

Discription: To Be Confirmed

Release Date: Unknown

Demo Release: Unknown

Power Missile

A fixed version of Super Metroid: Search for Items originally by catnap222.  This patch allows the average player to go past the Giant Metroid to fully complete the game.

Currently I have to fix a glitch where you start at Spore Spawn (So you'd best use savestates).

EDIT: For Headered.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Green Samus

Super Metroid Kaizo Edition:

This is the most evil Super Metroid hack you will ever play, even more evil the SM Impossible. The world map is set up to force the user to abuse wall kicks, bomb levitation, and various engine bugs. You will have to collect 100 missiles, 20 super missiles, and 10 power bombs, as well as all of the other power-ups. Some rooms have spikes on every single floor and ceiling, while others are completely submerged in deadly lava. Other rooms require the player to find well hidden secret passages. Oh, and by the way... THERE ARE NO ENERGY TANKS

Patch made for SuperMetroid(JU).smc rom

1 hit kills  :whoa:
spike mazes  :cry:
engine bug abuses  :lol:
impossible puzzles  :?:
lava tunnels  :mad:

Hiroshi Mishima

Oh uhm.. wow.. and here I thought people weren't going to go there.. *sigh* I should have known better. Just go play Other M on Hard Mode for the same basic thing, if I am to understand what someone told me right...

Just... just no. Fun Fact: Ludicrous Challenge ≠ Great Gameplay.

And before someone points out it was posted in July, it was EDITED very, very recently, probably to attach the ROM and include details.

X-tradyte

Super Metroid Blood<-Thread Link

Super Metroid Blood - Different suits & beams
Super Metroid: Blood - Room Preview

This is a full hack, with little ASM, this hack is volunteered, and is still up for volunteering, If you'd like to, then click the link, and down load the ROM, post that you'd like to be one, and await your rooms.

This hack is crated mainly by Me(DarkSamus) and KT JDDD.

[spoiler=Because I was told so, by Skree]

[/spoiler]

As you can see, this hack is near finishing stages. Just glitches, the map, start menu, and other graphical changes, that I am doing. The escape sequence will also need work, that I am doing as well.

KT JDDD, say this is possibly going to be out fully, from the range of the end of summer to December.

NOTE: THERE ARE STILL ROOMS THAT NEED EDITING.

Silver Skree

X-tradyte

Well, for my 500th post, I would like to get my Hack added to the main site. Here you go, metconst!

Super Metroid Hard Mode(Other M):

Have fun everyone! And Don't Die.

(The Description: This hack is just a simple reworking of palettes, damages, and HUD. See if you can beat my time. 2:17. The max amount of items, should be about 20%. Updates go as followed:

v1.0

-Palettes reworked
-No timer
-No MB Fight

v1.1

-HUD added
-Palettes fixed up
-MB fight added

There is a Hyper Beam glitch, but the easiest way to get around that is to not fire more than 2 beams at once. yes, i know it sucks. Have fun though! ^.^)

MATHGODpi

UPDATE!!!

Should have posted this a long time ago :blush: JAM was so kind as to provide me with a patch which fixed the item collection rate. Gracias!  :yay:

See the bottom of the post for the newest version - should be the largest ips file. (Unheadered)

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

Version 2.0 is currently in the works. It will include changes to many rooms throughout the hack, and a complete re-palette of the entire game. Stay tuned...

Version 2.0 is now ready!! See the bottom of the post for the .rar file containing the .ips patches as well as the readme.

It's ready! The newest, and presumably finalized, (first) version of my noobie, SMILE-only hack is available. Super Metroid New Zebes - Version 1.04

Edit: v1.04 was removed and replaced by v1.05. I changed Draygon's room to ensure that the player can't use the grapple trick to beat him.
Edit: the larger IPS file attached is the latest one.

I don't have screenies ready atm but will upload in the near future... in the meantime here are a couple of vids pertaining to the hack (old vids):

Super Metroid Hack - New Zebes

Super Metroid New Zebes - Suit Designs

For more information regarding the development of the hack (and the hack in general), see the thread at:
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,1585.0.html
(It was deleted :neutral:)

New discussion thread: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,2129.msg25556.html#msg25556

Edit: Screenies!

(old screenies removed; see the vid below instead)

SMNZ Version 2.0 Preview Video

Also: Maxes for item collection: 135 missiles, 20 super missiles, 15 power bombs (you can have up to 14 at once; the other is given to you during the escape sequence). The "rate for collecting items" is wrong - if you collect all items, it will say 69%. So, just take whatever number you get and divide by 0.69 for your true total.

Description: This hack is a relatively simple one which only involves SMILE editing. It introduces a different game sequence - most of the major items in the game have been moved around, and several door colors have been changed. Also, enemies are tougher and hit harder, so keep an eye on your energy meter! The bosses are no longer the pushovers they were in the original SM, so be prepared.

Description:
Super Metroid New Zebes is a refurbish of Super Metroid.
It introduces a new game sequence, and a much stiffer challenge than what is encoutered in the original game.
A perfect hack for those looking for "some more Metroid 3 action", but are also looking for a more formidable challenge.
The bosses in particular may frustrate you, but patience and persistance is key.
Before entering any boss room, it is a good idea to keep an extra save state handy in case you can't beat the boss, and need to go back and collect more items before trying again.

[spoiler=old download info]* Super Metroid New Zebes.IPS (189.43 kB - downloaded 28 times.)
* Super Metroid New Zebes.IPS (189.66 kB - downloaded 19 times.)
* Super Metroid New Zebes.IPS (189.67 kB - downloaded 3 times.)
[/spoiler]

A_red_monk_called_Key

SM Phazon Hack 0.3 is done and available for down load
Unheadered

Charmander106

Started playing Phazon hack 0.3. I played up until This:

BTW Is the hack headered or not?

Black Soldier

Quote from: Webber1900 on December 28, 2011, 05:29:18 PM
Started playing Phazon hack 0.3. I played up until This:

BTW Is the hack headered or not?
I haven't encountered any problems and I've progressed farther in the game judging by how much you have in that screenshot.

It's unheadered, by the way,

MetroidMst

A request for everyone's favorite hack to be put on the main page.

PICS:

[spoiler=Description]So Little Time was my One Week Hack contest entry. It was started, and finished, within 7 days. As such a little time left me to think of some way to make volume instead of eye-pleasing GFX. So I made a maze, and then another maze, and two more after that even. Combined them. Players raged. Are you game enough to defeat the Bubble Realm?[/spoiler]

JAM

Quote from: MATHGODpi on July 24, 2011, 01:41:21 AM
Also: Maxes for item collection: 135 missiles, 20 super missiles, 15 power bombs (you can have up to 14 at once; the other is given to you during the escape sequence). The "rate for collecting items" is wrong - if you collect all items, it will say 69%. So, just take whatever number you get and divide by 0.69 for your true total.
So why do not fix it? There are already a doc (see SMILE misc notes) explaining that. You may not get exactly 100%, but something like 101% or 103% is better than 69% as max.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: JAM on January 03, 2012, 10:05:44 PM
So why do not fix it? There are already a doc (see SMILE misc notes) explaining that. You may not get exactly 100%, but something like 101% or 103% is better than 69% as max.
Where would I find it? Here?

http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,300.0.html

Looked through the notes and didn't anything regarding that.

JAM

Strange, but I can't find it too... I guess, it was posted way ago at m2k2. It just a collection of useful information from SMILE help thread. Since, I can't find it here, I'll give a quote from it, since it will be useful for many hackers.

QuotePercentage:

Quote from: Acheron86 on 15 July 2009, 01:08:59
any documentation on the workings of item % count?
Quote from: Kejardon
E70D,X: Offsets to measure
E717,X: Divisors for those offsets (E70D,X / E717,X = +% for total)
X ranges from 0 to 8, 5 total

E721,X: Bits to test 09A4 for
X ranges from 0 to 14, B total

E737,X: Bits to test 09A8 for
X ranges from 0 to 8, 5 total

At $8B:E70D are five 2-byte pointers:
Code:

In this order:
$09C4   (Health capacity)
$09D4   (Reserve capacity)
$09C8   (Missiles capacity)
$09CC   (SuperMissiles capacity)
$09D0   (Power Bombs capacity)

They're used as the numerators

At $8B:E717 are five 16-bit values:
Code:

In this order:
$0064   (Energy per tank)
$0064   (Reserve per tank)
$0005   (Missiles per tank)
$0005   (Super missiles per tank)
$0005   (Power bombs per tank)

They're used as the denominators

That fraction works out how many tanks of each item you have. The game then adds them all together and stores it to $12

At $8B:E721 are 11 16-bit values
Code:

In this order:
$0001   (Varia suit)
$0020   (Gravity suit)
$0004   (Morph ball)
$1000   (Bombs)
$0002   (Spring ball)
$0008   (Screw attack)
$0100   (Hi jump)
$0200   (Space jump)
$2000   (Speed booster)
$4000   (Grappling beam)
$8000   (X-ray)

$09A4 (your collected items) is tested against all of these values, for each item you have, the game increments $12
Same with $09A8 (your collected beams) using the $8B:E737 table

In general,
1499 / 100 = 14.99 ~ 14% (always rounded down, even from xx.99)
400 / 100 = 4%
230 / 5 = 46%
50 / 5 = 10%
50 / 5 = 10%
11 items = 11%
5 beams = 5%

4% + 46% + 10% + 10% + 11% + 5% + 14% = 100%

If there are 7 Energy Tanks in your hack with other item untouched, max % you can get is 93. Set Energy Tank denumerator to $0032 (50) and you'll get: 799 / 50 = 14.98 ~ 14%

If there are 460 Missiles in your hack (46 missile blocks of 10 missiles in each) with other item untouched, max % you can get is 146 (460 / 5 = 92). Set Missile denumerator to $000A (10) and you'll get: 460 / 10 = 46% and so on.

Quietus

That looks / sounds like my document.  Download here. :^_^:

Mon732

Here's a .doc version of Quietus' file, incase someone can't open .docx
Quietus' Smile.doc

Quietus

I think it was originally a .doc, before the latest version upgraded it. :<_<:

An alternative would be to install the compatibility pack, so you can always open .docx files.

Edit: 'Cause it was confoozin. :blush:

Mon732

I meant for people who don't have the latest version, older versions can't open docx . You can save as a .doc by using save as

Quietus

Yes, I meant to say .docx at the end of my last post.  Edited now for clarity!  The compatibility patch I linked to is for older versions of Word, which allows you to convert and open a .docx file in one hit. :^_^:

Mon732

Oh ok. At least people have more than one way to open it now. :lol:

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on January 05, 2012, 03:30:53 PM
That looks / sounds like my document.  Download here. :^_^:
Yeah, I completely forgot who did this doc. Sorry. Will you add it to collaboration stuff topic?

Quote from: Mon732 on January 06, 2012, 02:57:32 PM
I meant for people who don't have the latest version, older versions can't open docx . You can save as a .doc by using save as
I prefer to use RTF files. They takes less space than docs and can be opened even with very old Word, such as 97[spoiler]I'm using =)[/spoiler]

Sylux

Super Metroid: Escape from Planet Metroid is my first completed romhack. After landing on the mysterious Planet Metroid, Samus is seperated from her ship, and must find her way back to it so she can escape. Along the way, there are bosses to kill, items to collect, and spikes to fall into.

Super Metroid: Escape from Planet Metroid is a minigame, about 1/4 the size of the original. It contains four bosses, most of the major abilities, and a maximum item count of 64. Please give me your feedback after playing, so that I can improve.

IPS patch: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=329.0;attach=2307

Screenshots: