News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Suddenly, important

Started by DSO, May 10, 2010, 06:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSO

Posting from new computer whee!...

Also so far don't like Windows 7 as much as I did XP.

Zhs2

Quote from: DSOWindows 7
Why would you do this

You and your silly 64-bit hardware eeeeee

DSO

Because XP wasn't offered and there's no way I'm going to choose Vista.

Cadarot

protip:

The serial in the back of your old desktop is still valid

Digital_Mantra

I got a new computer last month. 64bit OS with windows 7.

Still getting used to it. In the end, you can make it more accessible like XP was. For instance, I removed all the glamor so things run smoother, I also made task manager part of the bar, for some weird reason it's not easily accessible.

There's loads of quirks I'm having with win7 but eventually you can make it way more easy to use. One of my biggest quirks is how much shit is hidden that we use so frequently with XP.

For instance, my recording device for my music software was hidden, I had to right click in the recording and playback in volume control just to access 'hidden' icons.
They fuking HIDE important shit. But yeah.. I was really anal about the whole transition at first but now I'm getting the hang of it.

personitis

I don't run windows7 but from what I fooled around with it on my friends compy, I liked it. Ran great for me.

DSO

Is anyone else running windows 7 and using Gieger's debugger? Since my old computer died, I have not been able to get any version of it to work on my new computer, even after following instructions and downloading stuff I need as mentioned in the release notes... I am almost completely unable to do any asm hacking at the moment.

squishy_ichigo

I have 7, but haven't done any hacking with this computer yet.... so I'm no help at all. v.v;

P.JBoy

I've 7, and I can't run Geiger's snes9x.  Damn, I never even noticed...

P.JBoy

Hah, figures.  You can still run it through SMILE

DSO

Problem solved courtesy of Itsblah on IRC, so now ASM hacking can continue thanks to him.

squishy_ichigo

What did you have to do? I would like to know so I can asm hack when I get around to it.

DSO

There was a .dll file that the debugger couldn't find, so I found it off the old HD, copy/pasted it right next to the debugger exe and it worked.