News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Biohazard

Started by Mentlegen, December 25, 2021, 01:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentlegen

Super Metroid Biohazard
by Mentlegen and Smiley

The Space Pirates have leaked a deadly virus on the minor planet Dysnomia, Samus must recover 5 artifacts and put an end to their reckless schemes. Her suit has been outfitted to withstand and protect her from the virus that has begun to mutate organisms on the planet as well as the space pirates themselves. Watch out Samus, the pirates have been experimenting with antigravity technology. Be careful!

This hack was created for the Oats n Goats contest

In this hack:
A completely new planet and spaceship to explore with a never-before-seen tileset.
5 Keys to collect
A Brand New OST
(select tracks of OST are on YT with visualizers, entire OST can be found below)

https://soundcloud.com/themegamanxartist/sets/super-metroid-biohazard-ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJTEWtgXhc&t=24s

Merry Christmas Hackers!

-=V1.05=-
Changes:
-A few level design changes that fix slope errors and better direct the player
-The Phytor pre-spospo save bug has been fixed

V1.06
-Fixed the save for real this time

-=V1.08=-
Changes:
Save Station Fix (for real)
players can no longer short charge shinespark into Hydracon
fixed some frozen enemies
updated a few enemy palettes
fixed some slope errors
Fixed a map error where an item dot was in the wrong position
removed Herobrine

Steel Sparkle

Sweetness, gonna try this out now!
Merry christmas <3

Edit: This was a very fun hack and the music was really good!

Immorpher

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Immorpher on December 26, 2021, 12:11:03 AM
Did I hit a soft lock at the end of this video?

I don't think so.
[spoiler]Do you have Springball yet? if so just jump on out with it. If not it should be possible with a mid Air Morph if you are fast enough, though im not 100% on that and it could be a softlock.[/spoiler]

Immorpher

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on December 26, 2021, 07:03:06 AM
[spoiler]Do you have Springball yet? if so just jump on out with it. If not it should be possible with a mid Air Morph if you are fast enough, though im not 100% on that and it could be a softlock.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]No springball yet! But perhaps a skillful air morph can do it.[/spoiler]

SirAileron

I definitely hit a softlock when I fell into a room full of water, with no way back up. Gonna restart it, because I didn't make any saves or save states, which was my bad.  :lol:

Mentlegen

Quote from: SirAileron on December 27, 2021, 09:57:34 PM
I definitely hit a softlock when I fell into a room full of water, with no way back up. Gonna restart it, because I didn't make any saves or save states, which was my bad.  :lol:

I swear to bruh if I need to patch that out one more time. I swear I patched that out already. Its a save station issue. That WILL be gone in the next update. if you have high jump you can escape hydracon.

FelixWright

Just from the screenshots alone this hack looks really good visually! In particular I really like the HUD. Gonna have to try this soon!

DonnyDonovan

2:21, 60%.  Not sure what the maxes are.  Really enjoyed both the unique visuals and the music.  This was a top-notch experience for sure.  Well done.  Surprised it isn't generating more buzz and discussion. 

Pixel_Tiger

Found a perma stuck in this room. I was running around like a madlad as you can see but I don't have hi-jump yet... water room hooray :(

SirAileron

That's the room I was talking about, the one I got stuck in! I also didn't have high jump at the time.  :lol:

altoiddealer

I was very excited about this hack, but it got softlocked about 20 mins from two new games.
1. After finding missiles and morph, I walked w/ reverse gravity into the vertical shaft flanked by spikes.  At the top, a closed gate requiring to turn around... an extremely tricky mockball required.  I couldn't nail it after a few minutes so I reset the game.  Title screen was bugged, and I couldn't load my game until I deleted the .SRM file.
2. After finding some missiles, morph, bombs, high jump, then finding a save station... I proceeded to kill Spore spawn, got supers... then died to some spikes a few minutes later.  I spawned at a completely different save station down to the left, and even w/ high jump and crouch jumping I could not escape the underwater room.

I've lost motivation to play this one.  I think you needed to beta test a little bit more.

Further feedback... what I heard of the custom music was really good! If you polish up this hack any further, you should consider removing item fanfare b/c it interrupts the awesome music

H A M

Exister

No, if you send a rom file that's against the rules. Mst can and will shoot you (in minecraft)

nodever2

Quote from: Exister on February 23, 2022, 07:58:31 PM
No, if you send a rom file that's against the rules. Mst can and will shoot you (in minecraft)
You're right about rom files being against the rules, but he said SPC, not SMC/SFC. SPC files are music files.

Exister

zb10948

I'm stuck after Draygon. I have highjump, springball, m, sm, pbs and grapple. I've not done any sequence breaking. Just entered the Maridia area and managed to get to Draygon normally - in one huge room I stayed on top by using grapple blocks which were put there for that very intention looks to me. Soon I'm undercapacited in Draygon fight and I had to enter GC codes to survive and press on because I didn't want to lose the progress.

The following area I can only take one route and it ends in shinespark blocks on a Chozo statue. I think I'm probably permastuck here without Gravity, dropped power bombs everywhere, there seems to be no way out.

H A M

NSPCs of the music in Biohazard?

Mentlegen

Quote from: H A M on May 13, 2022, 09:23:57 PM
NSPCs of the music in Biohazard?

You can find the music on SoundCloud here, but I don't plan on releasing the NSPCs rn

https://soundcloud.com/themegamanxartist/sets/super-metroid-biohazard-ost

H A M

drb

Late to the party again... working on a screenshot map and noticed a couple of pointer errors in the process:
- In the antigravity area, the missile behind power bomb blocks (in rooms 78187 and 786DF) has a different index in each version of the room and can be collected twice.  Assuming this is unintentional as the other two expansions in the anti-grav area can only be picked up once, regardless of the gravity.
- The two 1x1 missile rooms in the northeast corner of the map (790F9 and 79124) use the same PLM set - when one of these missiles is collected, the other disappears.
- The two right-facing doors in the Ruins' power bomb room (7987D) are both coded as door $00 - both exit to the lower-left door in the adjoining room when moving left-to-right.