News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Zero Chaos

Started by biospark, September 01, 2024, 12:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biospark

This is a proper "chaos edition" hack of Metroid Zero Mission.

Latest version: 2024-09-05 - 1.1.0

This hack causes chaotic events to happen randomly while you play. There are two types of effects: one time effects and duration effects. One time effects are things that happen right away, such as freezing all enemies or spawning a power bomb. Duration effects occur over a random length of time, such as slower movement or deactivating an ability.

Apply the bps file to a Metroid: Zero Mission ROM using a patcher such as flips or beat.

If you play on bizhawk, you can use the included lua script to display the previous one time effect and the active duration effects (Tools > Lua Console, then Script > Open Script).

Softlocks are possible, so save often. I won't be fixing any softlocks that occur due to unfortunate circumstances (ex: a sprite blocking your path), but if there are any bad bugs, softlocks, or crashes, let me know and I'll fix them.

This was made using the mzm decomp. Thanks to yohann and everyone who has contributed to the decomp.
Source code: https://github.com/biosp4rk/mzm/tree/chaos

Meinos Belfort

ohhhh noooo i'm gonna like this one XD
finally a proper way to appreciate ZM

biospark

Update 2024-09-05 - 1.1.0
- Added 6 new effects
- Added sounds that play when an ability is deactivated or activated
- Slow/fast X movement affects crawling speed
- Removed "forward camera" effect
- Fixed "swap missiles" activating when Samus has no missiles
- Fixed losing fully powered suit if obtained while suitless