News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Juicy Mission

Started by Frydi, October 30, 2023, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frydi

This hack was supposed to be something quick in the vein of Samus goes to the fridge, but it quickly became too big and can be considered the canonical sequel to Juicy Mission lite
The original idea of a quick hack is still alive in this one as it can be finished in 4-5 minutes, but offers A LOT more to discover once the main objective is completed.

- This is still technically my first hack, so expect some minor issues.
- The difficulty should be relatively fair, but is probably more catered towards veteran players
- Some items/pickups are a lot more difficult than others if you go for 100% and unconventional solutions may be required
- The behavior/weakness of a lot of enemies has been changed
- Missiles reveal hidden blocks, but bombs are also somewhere in the game :whoa:
- The patch is a zipped bps file, cause big patch file but at least the music is good
- Featuring room of the month August/September 2023

v1.0.1: Various minor bugfixes.
v1.0.2: "Return of the slug". Various fixes and improvements, orange juice tanks, buff Ridley and fixed slug.
v1.0.3: Fixed various graphical issues related to hidden items. Removed varia suit glow and some vines that defied logic. Samus now has green eyes in the ending images.

Download: Juicy Mission 1.0.3 (final)

Special Thanks:
- The MAGconst community for dealing with my questions and changes to the fundamentals asm
- CaptGlitch for fusion boss ports and fixing his asms
- PietroA and LucentW for music suggestions and PietroA help with converting/importing
- jakoliath, Jiffy, Fpiz, baria, benchjuice, karlrodd, monkeysmb, mikefood and xValkyrie93 for playtesting

Zhs2

100% is easy enough, but...

[spoiler=What did they mean by this?]
I was unable to locate the room this refers to and 2f is also a cryptic clue.
[/spoiler]

Frydi

It's a secret/riddle that has 0 relevance for the main game, hundo, map or anything really, just for fun.

Lavama

Oh snap a Frydi hack!!! Will definitely give this a shot.

qewadszcx132

Phewee, I love this hack so much! Managed to 100% it and understand the mural. But just because I understand it doesn't mean I actually did it. [spoiler]Fairly sure I know where to do it but I have no idea how to get a shinespark in that area or if its possible to bring one to that area.[/spoiler]

Frydi

As there have been many questions about the music in the hack, here a list and video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPBcmISwM0Y

Title screen: Baroque of Puyopuyo - Puyo Puyo CD - PC Engine
File Select: Baroque of Puyopuyo - Puyo Puyo CD - PC Engine
Boss: 脱衣 スロット - Animahjong V3 - X68000
Starting Area: Planet Wisp - Sonic Colors - Nintendo DS
Inside Area: Forest of Salisbury - First Queen - Ornic Senki - SNES
Juice Labs: After Burner - After Burner Black Falcon - PSP
Underwater: Fierce Battle in the Frozen Sea - Cyborg 009 - SNES
Juice Temple: In-Game Music #3 - Utopia: The Creation of A Nation - Amiga
Mountain Area: The Decisive Battle at the Arms Factory - Cyborg 009 - SNES
Juicy Mission lite escape: Critical Point - CCLUB Disk X - X68000
Credits: Asteroid Run - Cybernator - SNES