News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - June 2020

Started by suku, June 01, 2020, 06:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best room of June?

suku
0 (0%)
dewhi100
2 (9.1%)
Digital_Mantra
1 (4.5%)
Dyceron
2 (9.1%)
Flower
6 (27.3%)
Cloud20
1 (4.5%)
VacantShadeGames
4 (18.2%)
Retroo
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

suku

[spoiler=this looks like shit suku][/spoiler]
[spoiler=how is this much better?][/spoiler]
[spoiler=yeah ok, why should I even click on this one]the worlds first mode5 super metroid room?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444612289518239755/717147970285469766/bandicam_2020-06-01_18-48-03-321.mp4[/spoiler]

dewhi100

Quietus

I look forward to the area names:
Cratinia
Briniscule
Narrofair
Minidia
Reduced Ship

[spoiler]And the boss fight with Piddly. :grin:[/spoiler]

Moehr

dewhi100

Observatory. All on Layer 1
[spoiler][/spoiler]

mccad

Dyceron

Figured I'd give this a shot
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hackmi

Lots of sumbissions so far, damn mccad lmao wtf are you doing

dewhi100

mccad submitted editor of the month

Flower

I guess i'll give this another try.
NEStroid is a rarely seen guest here, so Hello!

This is an important room at the beginning of the game. This is at Surface Level on the Alien Planet, after you landed with the Spaceship. Something relevant is happening here. More can't be said. ( :bounce: nah spoil )
It transitions from outer starlight to the inner browny cave. You'll be glad when you find it.

[spoiler=PICTURE][/spoiler]

[spoiler=DOUBLE SIZE][/spoiler]

[spoiler=VIDEO][/spoiler]

[spoiler=BACKGROUND MUSIC]Important Room bgm[/spoiler]

Cloud20

Beware the eerie well...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VacantShadeGames

For anyone interested, I released the Room Studio for Metroid Planets earlier this month!
Here's an example of what you can do with it:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Animated GIF][/spoiler]

Retroo

Jiffy

Congratulations to Miranda Gemini who takes May 2020 with ease! Let's hope we see more of his stuff so he can finish his hack before the year is done.

[spoiler=Miranda Gemini, May 2020][/spoiler]

Now we let people cast their votes once again on the rooms that made it. (I once again have to clarify that if a room does not make it to the voting stage, it has broken one or more submission rules. If there is any misunderstanding, feel free to message myself or OneOf on the MetConst Discord or privately, but hopefully our rules are easy to understand for the majority of submitters.)

Anyway, feast your eyes upon these creations and decide who the winner is!

[spoiler=suku]

(I took this as the most legitimate looking entry. If you want me to swap for the other image, let me know as soon as possible.)
[spoiler=Media]

the worlds first mode5 super metroid room?
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=dewhi100]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Digital_Mantra]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dyceron]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Flower]

[spoiler=Media]

Important Room bgm
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud20]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShadeGames]

[spoiler=Media]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo]

[/spoiler]

Vote with haste!

dewhi100

A group of great rooms this month!

[spoiler=suku]As a proof of concept, I rank 10/10. It's kind of ugly though, and dark. And nearly monochrome. I can see it being used in small side areas similar to Axiom Verge's glitch areas. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Me]Not much to say. This was all done on layer 1 to allow for a cool visual effect which I am not inclined to spoil. The unfortunate side effect is a lack of detail which I hope the special effect offsets.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DMan]Dman does it again, making 2 layers feel like a continuous space extending to the horizon. For a small room with one of my least favorite tilesets, it is very good.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DCR]Green Brin always looks good. This room looks really fun to explore and traverse. I want to find a way into the corner cave.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Flower]I know this room well. It's a great room. It's really detailed, and having played it, the animations really bring it to life. I do have complaints but they come down to hardware limitations so not worth mentioning.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud]Well, what can I say about this? It's a decent palette, and the details are a good balance of chaos and order. The square tiles forming the diagonals are pretty suspect and probably shouldn't match the pillar tiles. The centerpiece is obviously the well which almost blew my mind when I recognized what it was. Very well done, excellent use of light and dark. I hope it leads somewhere.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VSG]My vote goes to you. I am simply a sucker for the lighting you put into your rooms. Forced damage from lavafalls is a little whack but not terrible. great room. Please finish the Make My Hack algorithm soon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo]Some palette weirdness here, which I'm guessing you intend to make good with FX? The white pixels on the chozo and save for example are a little out of place. The main solid tiles are clearly square shaped, which would make sense for something inorganic which I'm not sure you're going for. The concept of the room is great, and I like the vine going into the trooper's helmet. Maybe try using a GFX editor to rotate some Ceres dead bodies and hang them up from the ceiling or something. [/spoiler]

Miranda Gemini

Like dewhi said, some really cool stuff here this month.
[spoiler=squish]What is this, Metroid for ants?
Seriously though, even though the room itself doesn't look like anything particularly special, it is a really awesome proof of concept. Interest to see whether this goes anywhere.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dewhi]Pretty similar to your room last month so I don't really have anything to say that I didn't say there. Interested to see the "special effect" you mentioned.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DMantra]Goddamn this looks nice. I hate the Wrecked Ship set. Props for the sweet work with it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dyceron]Nice, clean, vanilla Green Brinstar room. Nothing too special but by no means is it bad; it'd fit right in with the original game no fuss.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Flower]This is fantastic as always. Absolutely nothing to say. All round great work.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloudy]I really like this. It's messy, and weird, and super unique.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade]Great stuff coming from Planets as always. This project has me fascinated and I can't wait to see what people can do with it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo]I'm not the biggest fan of this tileset; it has some weirdness that makes it look like it wants to be organic and alive looking in some alien way, but then has a solidness to the edges that kind of shatters the illusion for me personally. Great concept with the vine slaughtering the trooper. Maybe my biggest gripe is the outdoor background while this looks like aan interior room. I'd wonder if there's a way to use this set to add a living interior background to it.[/spoiler]
For me, it's close between DMan and Flower. Really tough to split this one, and honestly there's cases to be made for at least 3 of the other rooms here. Great submissions by everyone!