News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

interdpth

What's with all the butt hurt faggots in this place, this isn't m2k2.

Anyway. So it's like spring, who else has sinus infections flaring up?

Malpercio

not i
severe case of boredom instead

Katelyn

I don't know if I have ever broken a rule, I minimoded once in irc, but I don't know if it was even minimoding.
I still consider myself a newbie even if people are starting to like me

Quietus

Quote from: interdpth on April 15, 2010, 01:06:43 PM
What's with all the butt hurt faggots in this place, this isn't m2k2.
interdpth: Eloquence as standard.

Quote from: interdpth on April 15, 2010, 01:06:43 PMAnyway. So it's like spring, who else has sinus infections flaring up?
Nah, but I'm waiting for the hayfever to start up.  It's normally about now that I get the first sniffs.

Zhs2

I got this pimple on my neck yesterday. Normally, that isn't a problem. What IS the problem is that ever since I had it, the side of the neck that it is on (the right side, in this case) is just a livewire of pain if I try to bend my neck in that direction. Took some Advil, but I still don't feel like going to class today...

Scyzer

Well, I finally 5*ed every song on expert on Guitar Hero 3 and got that achievement... Fuck you Raining Blood! :stern:
Now all I have to do is play with someone else to finish the co-op careers, and I'll have finished the game 100% :grin:

Hiroshi Mishima

Quote from: interdpth on April 15, 2010, 01:06:43 PM
Anyway. So it's like spring, who else has sinus infections flaring up?

I had a bad sinus infection a couple weeks ago, and my sinuses in general have been crap ever since. I constantly get sinus headaches lately and it always seems like they're congested. I take a prescribed sinus relief medicine (a pill) but it only helps a little bit.

I'm sure the fact that my Tourette Syndrome is actively making me sniff (and whatever sharp exhaling through the nose is called) is also making my sinuses irritated and aggravated.

In other news, I have decided that it is high time I go through the available Super Metroid hacks that are listed here as "Complete", seeing as this is not M2k2 and the majority of the hacks I've found here seem to be of a higher caliber than what I often found over there. Seeing as how playing video games in general gives me inspiration to work on other projects, and how I'm trying to come up with a Super Metroid hack of my own, I could use some inspiration right about now.

So far all I've finished as of deciding this is Silver's old Sigma Boss Rush, and while I'm not sure I should count it as it isn't listed here, it makes me feel better thinking I've at least got ONE finished.

Currently playing Phazon and Stardust.

Quietus

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on April 19, 2010, 06:00:03 AMseeing as this is not M2k2 and the majority of the hacks I've found here seem to be of a higher caliber than what I often found over there.

With the exception of the last six months(ish), all of the hacks should be exactly the same, as all of the hacks there have been transferred here, and most of the users that were active there are the same as here, having moved their hacking / hack stuff over when MetConst was born. :^_^:

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on April 19, 2010, 06:00:03 AMCurrently playing Phazon and Stardust.

Stardust rules.  And I own its ass!  Mwahahaha!  *Ahem*

Hiroshi Mishima

Yeah, Stardust was the first ROMhack I touched in the last year or so. The ones before that was whatever Silver showed me, and then Redesign/Eris. So I was very impressed, as Stardust was a lot fun. I still need to finish it, but I've had a blast.

Daltone

I'm back from a little break dealing with some shit.
Got into some really stupid trouble with the law and i had charges laid on me with theft under $5000, i have to be in court pretty soon :(
what makes it so stupid is that i accidentally accepted a e-mail money transfer that was for my older brother from my younger brother. My younger bro sent it to him and my older bro checked his e-mail on my computer and did not log out or close the window, when i checked my e-mail (i use msn and hit the e-mail button) my bro's e-mail popped up and me being a r-tard thought it was my e-mail and saw a money transfer from my younger bro complete with the exact same security question.
Had to give my younger bro an intervention, all whacked out on the rocks he was.
And i'm going to skool for good ol' small engine repair #2.
fun stuff.
EDIT: oh yeah, i got one of my buddy's into metroid and gave him smile so I'll get him on here eventually

Scyzer

Quote from: Daltone on April 21, 2010, 05:58:38 PM
I'm back from a little break dealing with some shit.
Got into some really stupid trouble with the law and i had charges laid on me with theft under $5000, i have to be in court pretty soon :(
what makes it so stupid is that i accidentally accepted a e-mail money transfer that was for my older brother from my younger brother. My younger bro sent it to him and my older bro checked his e-mail on my computer and did not log out or close the window, when i checked my e-mail (i use msn and hit the e-mail button) my bro's e-mail popped up and me being a r-tard thought it was my e-mail and saw a money transfer from my younger bro complete with the exact same security question.
Had to give my younger bro an intervention, all whacked out on the rocks he was.
And i'm going to skool for good ol' small engine repair #2.
fun stuff.
EDIT: oh yeah, i got one of my buddy's into metroid and gave him smile so I'll get him on here eventually

WTF!! I have to say, your law system is completely fucked up. In AU, the police CAN'T take you to court or do anything for something like theft and trespassing or whatever, unless the person who it affected wants to press charges.
As I understand it, you get on well with both your brothers, and they both know you accidently accepted the money. Big deal, you can easily just go to a bank and transfer it. Why do you have to go to court for that? Stupid foreign laws >.>
[/rant]

Daltone

Yeah, It was only $200. i'm in canada i diddn't even know i accepted his transfer so we all thought someone stole it so we went to the police, then since the cop had to do a little work she wants to charge me. i can't have a criminal record, i work for a apartment/ townhouse company and a theft charge could cost me my job.
But im pretty optimistic about it, i think i have a good case right?

zephyrtronium

Quote from: DekuKnight on April 12, 2010, 05:20:44 AMuNsane, you're awesome. I know what you're going to say. "So is urmom". She isn't man, she's a whore without payment.
urmom is awesome because she's a whore without payment.
Furthermore,

Hiroshi Mishima

So I've been doing more yardwork and crap lately, but now I've been forgetting about the housework instead. I also constantly feel all tensed and knotted up in the neck/shoulder area. It sucks because I have no one to rub my shoulders or get the kinks out. Maybe I should ask a relative to help me out later. It's getting to the point where I can barely move without feeling a great deal of pain.

Also I think I got fat somewhere in the last few months. My stomach looks a little bigger than usual. Maybe I'm pregnant. I knew I shouldn't have gone to that parallel universe and slept with the female version of myself.

..oh wait, that last bit was just me trying to be funny, ignore it. But I have put on a little stomach fat, which is weird cause I swear I'm exercising more now...

Malpercio

wow. the Engine Works section has more posts than any other section other than the Super Metroid and Off-Topic sections.  :whoa:

personitis

I'm gonna shoot myself. Four AP exams two weeks away. Literature, US History, Psychology, and Physics. Back, to back, to back, to back...
* person701 shoots self
But then after that's done, my summer pretty much starts. =D Also went bowling recently. Only one of the group to break 100 (114 was my highest xD) and I also got the first strike of the night but now my back, leg, and arm are sore. =\

Guess you could say I'm having fun.

squishy_ichigo

I preordered Starcraft 2, and got a beta key! :D

So I've been playing a few games.  So far, I won 4 of 5 practice matches, and all 3 of the placement matches so far. (out of 5)  But if I don't lose some I'm gonna be placed in too high of a rank. ;_;

I'm not that good of a player, and if I get placed too high, and won't be able to win! :<

Either way though, I'm having lots of fun! ^o^/

edit: finished my placement matches, and lost the next two... :P
I'm in Bronze League.

Phazar

Eh, hello everyone, I haven't been here in a while.  Real life can be a pain sometimes, but I'm back on here.  ANyways, this looks like it could be a good month coming up...I have prom, a possible band gig at my old grade school's last dance of the year, and the end of this school year coming up.  I still need too decide what I want to do with my life a year from now when I head to college.  Sit in a dorm and hack?  Fun, but you can't exactly make a living off it :lol:.  Hopefully I won't disappear too many more times from here.

Zhs2

Jeez, Phazar. Way to reappear on us.

Quote from: metruler1990 on April 27, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
wow. the Engine Works section has more posts than any other section other than the Super Metroid and Off-Topic sections.  :whoa:
Good thing we put it together, eh? Gunnar posts enough to feed the hungry children in Africa.

Silver Skree

So, Hiroshi and I decided to spend our afternoons 'racing' each other through Prime while carrying on a several-hour conversation on Skype. Both of us hadn't played in over a year, so we picked up the old GCN controllers with a little rust on us. After the first 2 seconds on the frigate, I get and stay ahead. He never catches up with me for the rest of the race. By the time I'm heading to the Artifact Temple after taking care of the Omega Pirate, he was making his way out of the crashed frigate. :heheh: (In his defense, I played and absorbed Prime overall when I was younger, so it was probably impressed on me more. We're a good 10 years apart.) It was a great time for both of us either way, though. It is Metroid Prime, after all.

Anyway, I look at my times on the main menu a few hours later, and notice I got 90% items in 05:15, my best item to time ratio yet. I'm going to pick up a new game again right now at 3:10 AM and see if and how well I can break that record. I've got a pretty clear path cut out for collecting the artifacts and items along the way, so that helps.

Wish me luck!

Hiroshi Mishima

Yeah, shut up, kid.

In any event, I ended up with about 4-something hours on my save when I checked it a little while ago, and only 49% after getting the Power Bombs. I know, it's pathetic, but oh well...

Still, I could have been way ahead of him and he'd still have caught up with me once I hit Meta Ridley and the Fission Metroids...

Malpercio

Quote from: Zhs2
Quote from: metruler1990 on April 27, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
wow. the Engine Works section has more posts than any other section other than the Super Metroid and Off-Topic sections.  :whoa:
Good thing we put it together, eh? Gunnar posts enough to feed the hungry children in Africa.
lol

Altzan

Quote from: Silver Skree on April 29, 2010, 04:03:33 AM
So, Hiroshi and I decided to spend our afternoons 'racing' each other through Prime while carrying on a several-hour conversation on Skype. Both of us hadn't played in over a year, so we picked up the old GCN controllers with a little rust on us. After the first 2 seconds on the frigate, I get and stay ahead. He never catches up with me for the rest of the race. By the time I'm heading to the Artifact Temple after taking care of the Omega Pirate, he was making his way out of the crashed frigate. :heheh: (In his defense, I played and absorbed Prime overall when I was younger, so it was probably impressed on me more. We're a good 10 years apart.) It was a great time for both of us either way, though. It is Metroid Prime, after all.

Awesome. I need to replay both Primes, I have them laying around.
I still need to nag my brother into finishing Prime 1 on Hard Mode.

personitis

Actually, all this prime talk reminds me I never beat Omega Pirate in a low % run. =\

Phazar

I have actually never done a low% run of Prime.  I guarantee that Omega is a real pain on low%, however, since he often causes trouble on just any%(I'm better than that now, but he can still be a pain).  Dang, I need to run through Prime again, it's been nearly a year since I even played Prime.